TWatson
fish0fcook

Abortion objectifies human life.

TWatson

Con

I stand against abortion because abortion affects the moral code of society by putting human life into a subjective view.
I feel that there are many other alternatives to abortion, such as adoption.

Based on the concept that every idea has a consequence, the idea of abortion has the consequence of objectifying human life to the whims of whoever chooses. This is not an concept that I feel anyone should uphold because if the value of someone"s life was subjective inside the womb, then who"s to say that that value can"t be altered outside the womb?

I would very much appreciate your well-thought responses.
fish0fcook

Pro

I, as the pro side, affirm the resolution: Abortion objectifies human life.

I affirm because I believe abortion is wrong and makes a fetus interchangeable, creating what one Pope called a "culture of death".

I define objectify as to "degrade to the status of a mere object".
I define human life as starting at conception.

My framework is plain and simple: To win the debate, the pro side must prove that abortion objectifies human life, the con side must prove that it maintains the humanity of a fetus.

This round is acceptance, so I look forward to your contentions in the next round.
TWatson

Con

TWatson forfeited this round.
fish0fcook

Pro

contention 1:

Abortion objectifies human life because it makes fetuses interchangeable with other fetuses. For example, if my fetus has down syndrome I can believe I can abort this fetus and get another fetus that doesn't have down syndrome.
TWatson

Con

TWatson forfeited this round.
fish0fcook

Pro

fish0fcook forfeited this round.
Posted by ReasonableVoltaire 3 years ago
ReasonableVoltaire
Will this be a debate on Morality, Science or Religion or some combination of the three? i dont think most people want to engage in a debate without fully understanding the question, i recommend specify your terms
Posted by Skeptikitten 3 years ago
Skeptikitten
Abortion doesn't need a benefit any more than smoking or drinking. It's not your body, it's not your business.
Posted by wiploc 3 years ago
wiploc
You want a discussion, not a debate. Go to the forums.
Posted by ClassicRobert 3 years ago
ClassicRobert
Narrow it down man. One issue at a time.