bearfight666
bcaldwell100

Abortion right or wrong

bearfight666

Pro

Hello, I am obviousy pro abortion. Not that i would go out and have one but the freedom to. The parent should have the compete athority to stop the birth that wouldn't have even happened if they would have been safeer. To say that it is wrong to abort a birth of a person who isn't even born yet and has no idea what type of life it is about to be opened to.
bcaldwell100

Con

First of all, hello, I'm Brendan, nice to "meet" you. I am taking the con side of your abortion topic.
I'll start with the framework we should be working under and go on to the debate!
OK, so first of all this really is a question of legality. You are asking whether or not abortion is right or wrong, the only concrete way to determine what is right or wrong anywhere, are the laws created in that society. Since we're both American I hope I can use U.S law. If we decide to go with an entirely morality based debate, there is no paradigm by which to determine whose arguments, or system of morality is more important. In short the debate becomes a contest to dish out sob stories to entice public empathy, an inferior way to intellectually discuss a topic. If you still disagree, I'll place in some moral balances as well.
To address your first argument, that you're only killing a being that has no experience of life. Essentially that abortion isn't murder because the determining factor for murder is that the victim has seen life and then been robbed of it.
It seems to me that birth success rates in America are simply too high to consider a fetus anything less than a nearly guaranteed life. Today, doctors can almost guarantee you, from the moment of conception, that they can safely deliver your child. It's not that a fetus isn't technically a life, it's that it WILL be. To directly rebut you, you're preventing the child from EVER experiencing life. The simple taking away of life is the determining factor of murder, not what experiences the victim has or has not had, that only makes the murder worse, it doesn't negate the action.
Your next main arguments for abortion is that it is a woman's right to have complete control of her body, so she can do whatever she wants with it. In my opinion, these women had sex! They consented in an action and must face the consequences. The consequence is, they must grant another human being with life. These women obviously think they have the right to back out of every mistake they can, even if they kill someone. Look, I agree that every person ought to have the autonomy to fix as many mistakes as they can. But this privilege must end when another human being's life is in jeopardy, to think otherwise is inhumane.
Now, I'm going to put a moral balance on this. Let's look at the values, choice versus life. A woman's right to choose if she has a child after she has had sex, versus a child's right to life. Now, I think that, in this case, the fundamental right to life supersedes any right to choice. One does have the right to freedom from harm and freedom of action, but only so long as your actions do not infringe on other peoples' right to be free from harm. (Mill's Harms Principle) I just cannot see how, not having the ability to scream "NO!!!" makes you surrender your human rights. This is where, even if you achieve that people have the right to choose, I still supersede your arguments with a weighing mechanism that is respected both morally and legally.
OK, because I have room, and I want to make this as productive as possible, I'm going to try to prempt some of your arguments.
Rape and at-risk pregnancies can both be exceptions to the law banning abortion. I do not think that ALL abortions should be illegal. Most decent laws have exceptions, because everything is best in moderation. If a woman can prove that she was raped(which is forensically simple), she did not willing take part in the action, therefore, she can not legally be "punished". If a woman can prove that the birth could kill her, then, because the fetus is a person, under self defense laws she could abort. For teens, there are millions of good parents searching for children. Adoption is your best option. I am truly sorry that your social life will be put on hold, and you will be in pain. But the loss of social status and pain are not justifications for killing a fetus. Finally, to the "People will still do it" argument, everything, ever made illegal, is still done illegally. Are we going to legalize armed robbery because people will still do it?
bearfight666

Pro

bearfight666 forfeited this round.
bcaldwell100

Con

It makes me sad that I didn't get to debate this with you, maybe you'll show up, I hope so. There's still a round left :)
bearfight666

Pro

bearfight666 forfeited this round.
bcaldwell100

Con

This sucks. For those of you who want to see a debate on this topic, please look at my other debate with the same name. It is getting very interesting.
Posted by Stashu18 9 years ago
Stashu18
i looked at the sites sad as they may be i stick with my judgment and stay not pro abortion but pro choice what you dont understand is there is a difference between them
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
For all you "PRO_ABORTION" people, who have the guts

look at these sites

ABORTION IS MURDER

period

http://www.mttu.com...

http://www.prolifetraining.com...

http://www.abort73.com...

Please educate yourself and dont spread EVIL

the baby body part and abortion industries are EVIL
Posted by Stashu18 9 years ago
Stashu18
i apologize but i believe i just did debate you on this topic even if it was in the form of a comment if you challenge to a debate though i will not back down and i will take any side and debate it to full abilities
Posted by bcaldwell100 9 years ago
bcaldwell100
I challenge you to a debate. You are clearly a better debater than my current opponent and willing to debate me. I would much enjoy debating you on this very topic. :)
Posted by Stashu18 9 years ago
Stashu18
I am pro choice if you cant tell from my post below and my last words are if you do not like abortion do not do it but to hinder someone else to force that financial, physical and mental burden on someone to me seems cruel and unusual punishment and also i have to say it leave your religions at home on this topic because the church should have no influence over law making
Posted by Stashu18 9 years ago
Stashu18
Ok bud ill give you a debate and i will pick your argument apart. first the way you classify Murder is all wrong its not that the being will attain life or even that it has life but if its to be considered human and attained life and has had it taken from it. and since there is no way to tell if a small clump of cells is going to be human or just another failed pregnancy 100% you can not classify that fetus and or embryo as human until it is out of the mother and alive. Otherwise every time i go hunting and kill something it would be considered murder and i should be incarcerated for it. So your whole its murder theory is wrong for that reason because murder is defined as taking a human life and a fetus and or embryo has not yet been classified as human life.
Next onto the consenting argument that if a woman consents to sex she consents to a possible baby that is just a very wrong thing to even consider and then to only blame woman for it is also a very very distasteful way to approach this because then it represents woman as unequal to men and in our society my friend we are all equal under the law so as you have said if woman have to have the baby it is only right that the biological fathers of those babies should be put through the same experience and that is where we reach our problem we as men cannot do that but we can donate our sperm which is our part of the whole baby making process so i feel if men can simply discard what could potentially be a human life at will why not woman as well. The way you have put it its the robbing of life whether it has been attained or not that is the backbone of your argument and if this is what you hold true to then men can no longer masturbate and woman must be either having a child or being impregnated because if they aren't they are killing a possible life. Also just so i know i have made a good point ill toss in the fact our planet is over populated and it is in our best interest to have as few children as possible
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
its always interesting to me when MEN (and they are all libs and sluts usually ) are fervently PRO_ABORTION

thats becuase they dont want to take any responsibility for their misdeeds

Abortion is MURDER, plain and simple
Posted by jlholtzapple 9 years ago
jlholtzapple
Abortion is a big debate these days, I personally believe it is wrong!!! I think every child has a right to life no matter what, Women who want a abortion should just have the baby then put it up for adoption. Taking a life for no reason especially from an Innocent child that did nothing to deserve this is pure wrong. Just think what if that baby was you. Think of everything you have done in this life, what if it never happened, you never meant your mom or dad or grandpa or grandma, or never even had your first step or your first word, or your first school day, or your graduation day, or never meeting your spose or friends. That is the reason why I am against abortion!
Vote Placed by U.n 11 months ago
U.n
bearfight666bcaldwell100Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.
Vote Placed by cinderella1992 9 years ago
cinderella1992
bearfight666bcaldwell100Tied
Vote Placed by agonzalez_esp 9 years ago
agonzalez_esp
bearfight666bcaldwell100Tied
Vote Placed by Chob 9 years ago
Chob
bearfight666bcaldwell100Tied
Vote Placed by mv 9 years ago
mv
bearfight666bcaldwell100Tied
Vote Placed by goldspurs 9 years ago
goldspurs
bearfight666bcaldwell100Tied
Vote Placed by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
bearfight666bcaldwell100Tied
Vote Placed by Leonitus_Trujillo 9 years ago
Leonitus_Trujillo
bearfight666bcaldwell100Tied
Vote Placed by AdamCW12 9 years ago
AdamCW12
bearfight666bcaldwell100Tied
Vote Placed by TIERRA_CLORINDA 9 years ago
TIERRA_CLORINDA
bearfight666bcaldwell100Tied