LIL_ONE_BLUE
EmilyMemmi

Abortion should be allowed free for women 21 and over not any age younger.

LIL_ONE_BLUE

Pro

Abortion is a choice and i am all for it if you are the right age. Some teenagers are having intercourse and getting abortions like it is nothing but what they don't understand they are not fully developed and they can lose the chances of having a baby when they are older so abortion should be allowed and free for women of certain ages but honestly there are other choices.
EmilyMemmi

Con

Yes, some teenagers are irresponsible. But say you rule the world and get your way, and a 16 year old girl gets raped is now pregnant with a child she isn't ready for and she can't do anything about it, since you rule the world and she isn't allowed to have an abortion. Now she drops out of school, and the girl who was once going to be a doctor is now a 16 year old mom who stays at home and eventually marries an abusive husband. So maybe that's a little extreme but situations like that do happen and the teens involved are tremendously affected in a very bad way.
LIL_ONE_BLUE

Pro

It ll depends on the teen and like i said there are other options and the only way a teen could get an abortion is by the most reasonable request like the worst case scenario
EmilyMemmi

Con

What other options? And teens should have that choice. They can't be expected to let their lives be ruined just because someone says they're immature and don't deserve it.
LIL_ONE_BLUE

Pro

LIL_ONE_BLUE forfeited this round.
EmilyMemmi

Con

Arguments extended, seeing as Pro has forfeited.
LIL_ONE_BLUE

Pro

It was their decision to have sex so why shouldn't they pay for the consequence and for those raped there are allowed but other than that teenagers should know that sex leads to getting pregnant because that is what sex is for. BTW i did not fore fit
EmilyMemmi

Con

On my screen it clearly says that you have forfeited that round.

Maybe it was the teens' decision to have sex, but the pregancy may still not be their fault. If the condom was faulty but they were trying to have safe sex, why would it be their fault?

Also, what else can they do? It's a catch-22: teen parents are looked down if they have their kid, and if they have an abortion! They deserve the right to have the abortion, and get help with it to! Teenagers are more likely to not have a job or enough money to be pay for it, while an adult is more likely to have a job and be able to pay for an abortion.
LIL_ONE_BLUE

Pro

LIL_ONE_BLUE forfeited this round.
EmilyMemmi

Con

Pro has forfeited! Vote Con!!! Thanks for reading!
Posted by Espera 2 years ago
Espera
Right now there is a real world debate going on about whether or not a raped ten year old should be allowed an abortion... By your logic she should not even through pregnancy at her age is super risky and will have serious effects on her body.
Posted by theisticscuffles 2 years ago
theisticscuffles
If the fathership/paternity can be determined, he should be required to help take care of the child, both emotionally, morally, and financially, thus obviating the need for a tax-payer supported abortion.
Posted by Himans45 2 years ago
Himans45
You already are Dilara, although I wouldn't say it's the murder of anyone, much less a baby.
Posted by Dilara 2 years ago
Dilara
If free abortions means that I'm paying for what I consider to be the murderer of a baby with my tax money than hell no.
Posted by EmilyMemmi 2 years ago
EmilyMemmi
I am also against abortions in general but since I understand that no one is going to stop them by any means, I still took the debate.
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
I am by no means Pro abortion. However, it should not concern anyone whether it is legal or not. For weeks after a pregnancy you can abort a baby with medication. the abortion operation is redundant.
Thinking it will reduce young girls screwing around, glorifying lazy drug addicts, is not accurate.
Abortions should not take place because common sense dictates that would be logical and better for health, not to mention how men use women for their personal satisfaction disregarding her opinion.

I disagree with the principal of this debate.