Weiler
MysticEgg

Abortion should be banned.

Weiler

Weiler

Pro

For the purpose of this debate I ask that we adhere to the following definition:

Abortion - The intentional termination of a pregnancy by surgical procedure in which the death of the fetus is an intended result.
MysticEgg

Con

I accept this challenge and hope for a polite, interesting, and entertaining debate! For the sake of round fairness, I'll pass the ball to my opponent for the first round.
Weiler

Pro

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate in good faith and for the fairness they have shown in using the first round only for acceptance which was not stipulated.

Much of the abortion debate centers around when human life begins. The overwhelming scientific opinion is that it begins at conception.

"A United States Senate Judiciary Subcommittee invited experts to testify on the question of when life begins. All of the quotes from the following experts come directly from the official government record of their testimony.

Dr. Alfred M. Bongiovanni, professor of pediatrics and obstetrics at the University of Pennsylvania, stated:

"I have learned from my earliest medical education that human life begins at the time of conception.... I submit that human life is present throughout this entire sequence from conception to adulthood and that any interruption at any point throughout this time constitutes a termination of human life....

I am no more prepared to say that these early stages [of development in the womb] represent an incomplete human being than I would be to say that the child prior to the dramatic effects of puberty...is not a human being. This is human life at every stage."

Dr. Jerome LeJeune, professor of genetics at the University of Descartes in Paris, was the discoverer of the chromosome pattern of Down syndrome. Dr. LeJeune testified to the Judiciary Subcommittee, "after fertilization has taken place a new human being has come into being." He stated that this "is no longer a matter of taste or opinion," and "not a metaphysical contention, it is plain experimental evidence." He added, "Each individual has a very neat beginning, at conception."

Professor Hymie Gordon, Mayo Clinic: "By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception."

Professor Micheline Matthews-Roth, Harvard University Medical School: "It is incorrect to say that biological data cannot be decisive.... It is scientifically correct to say that an individual human life begins at conception.... Our laws, one function of which is to help preserve the lives of our people, should be based on accurate scientific data."

Dr. Watson A. Bowes, University of Colorado Medical School: "The beginning of a single human life is from a biological point of view a simple and straightforward matter"the beginning is conception. This straightforward biological fact should not be distorted to serve sociological, political, or economic goals."

A prominent physician points out that at these Senate hearings, "Pro-abortionists, though invited to do so, failed to produce even a single expert witness who would specifically testify that life begins at any point other than conception or implantation. Only one witness said no one can tell when life begins.""[1]

If human life begins at conception, then the fetus can only be described as innocent human life, and is therefore entitle to the same full legal protection afforded any post-birth human.

1. Entire section quoted from http://www.epm.org...
MysticEgg

Con

MysticEgg forfeited this round.
Weiler

Pro

The use of force to defend innocent human life is not a very controversial matter. So the only issue here is whether or not the fetus in fact IS innocent human life, I think the expert testimony above is convincing on that matter.

I realize my opponent did not intend to forfeit this round, however, since whether or not the fetus is innocent human life is the only issue raised in the body of the debate. I will ask that he confine his closing to this matter alone.
MysticEgg

Con

Thanking my opponent for his understanding here.

Now my opponent has raised only one contention:

Killing an innocent human life is not acceptable.

My opponent has offered testimonies to support this and I won't deny this fact. Indeed, I concede it.

My opponent has asked that I limit my response to his contention only. I will respect that.

While I would like to stress that I haven't conceded the debate; I have conceded his contention. While it frustrates me to not be able to introduce my counters - I place respect above it.

As a result of this rather bland debate (entirely my fault - I apologise) I will challenge my opponent to a re-match as to allow a fully developed debate to form! For this debate though, I will leave it up to the voters!

Hope to see you all soon; hopefully on another debate against Weiler!

Until then,

J
Posted by TurkeyMary 3 years ago
TurkeyMary
Let's give the mom a second chance, and the baby at least a first chance. Abortion is not the only solution.
Posted by MysticEgg 3 years ago
MysticEgg
I forfeit? How long did we have? Damn it! I am sorry, please give conduct to Pro. I'll respond ASAP.
Posted by IlyasKass 3 years ago
IlyasKass
Unfortunately, nowadays we live in the spoiled world and abortion is a normal thing for our society. There are a great myriad of occasions when everything ends with unwanted pregnancy and in this atmosphere baby will not get an appropriate upbringing due to they do not choose the parents. So this deal concerns to the child's destiny whent it can be broacken in all senses
Vote Placed by Murphy348834 3 years ago
Murphy348834
WeilerMysticEggTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the FF. Con seems to concede in the final round. Only Pro used a source.