LulzCAtz
kkkkatie126

Abortion should be heavily regulated

LulzCAtz has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

LulzCAtz

Pro

I'm heavily pro-life. Unless it's a medical necessity, such as there is a small chance for you to live, or the child will live with a birth defect, retardation etc. I think you are a disgusting human being for having an abortion, "I can't afford it." Or something of that nature is no reason for an abortion. There are several government programs, as well as private charities that will help with the cost of the baby, and according to the CDC rape, incest, and what I said above about it being a medical necessity, account for less than 1% of abortions. That's right, 99%+ Are because they are stupid and didn't wear a condom. Not to mention that after 8 weeks, their nervous system is completely functional, and they can feel their head being crushed, their arms and legs being torn off, and are having a rush like no other. They actively are trying to escape that villain with the vacuum. Try to run away from a guy with a knife and you'll know how it feels. Should I also mention that after 8 weeks is when 92% of abortions in the US happen? Again according to the CDC. And no, it's not your body. That baby living in your womb is a separate being, living INSIDE your body. Your body doesn't have it's own blood type, it doesn't have it's own organs, and it doesn't have different thoughts. And don't give me this garbage "What if it has a bad life!" Well, that's not our problem, and I can name 50 celebrities off the top of my head that were almost aborted, and it does get better.
e
kkkkatie126

Con

I'm heavily pro choice.

The Supreme Court ruled abortion to be a fundamental right guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. On January 22nd, 1973, during the Roe V. Wade case, the Supreme Court ruled that Constitution gives "a guarantee of certain areas or zones of privacy," and that "This right of privacy... is broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy."

A peer-reviewed study published by Obstetrics & Gynecology in Jan. 2015 reported that less than one quarter of one percent of abortions lead to major health complications. A 2012 study in Obstetrics & Gynecology found a woman's risk of dying from having an abortion is 0.6 in 100,000, while the risk of dying from giving birth is around 14 times higher (8.8 in 100,000). The study also found that "pregnancy-related complications were more common with childbirth than with abortion." The American Medical Association and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists stated "Abortion is one of the safest medical procedures performed in the United States."

According to a 2010 review by Britain's Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, "most neuroscientists believe that the cortex is necessary for pain perception." The cortex does not become functional until at least the 26th week of a fetus' development, long after most abortions are performed. This finding was endorsed in 2012 by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, [1] which stated that that there is "no legitimate scientific information that supports the statement that a fetus experiences pain." A 2005 University of California at San Francisco study said fetuses probably can't feel pain until the 29th or 30th week of gestation. According to Stuart W. G. Derbyshire, PhD, Senior Lecturer at the University of Birmingham (England), "...fetuses cannot be held to experience pain. Not only has the biological development not yet occurred to support pain experience, but the environment after birth, so necessary to the development of pain experience, is also yet to occur." [10] The "flinching" and other reactions seen in fetuses when they detect pain stimuli are mere reflexes, not an indication that the fetus is perceiving or "feeling" anything.
Posted by kkkkatie126 1 week ago
kkkkatie126
Wow, you've been online but you forfeited our debate. I guess you had no rebuttal for my 1st round argument. Lol.