leighrob8
judikblack

Abortion should be illegal in all U.S states

judikblack

leighrob8

Con

Many think that abortion should be illegal in the United States. As of right now it is legal in the country, but certain states have regulated laws that put limits on the times and periods that women can get an abortion. Only 39 states require an abortion be done by a licensed physician (Georgia being one of them). 42 states prohibit abortions after a certain amount of time of the pregnancy has passed. 17 states require that in order for a woman to get an abortion, she first has to go through counseling. These laws and regulations are not full-proof, but they do help to make it as moral and ethical as possible. Women should be allowed to get an abortion if they feel the need, but not after a certain amount of time has passed in the pregnancy. A woman's body is her own and she should be able to make the choice she wants to make with it.

http://www.guttmacher.org...
judikblack

Pro

Abortion has been one of the main and major contentious issues of our times especially by most public leaders in both Religion and Politicians.
To get elected in public office here in the USA, just support the movements that are against abortion who are the biggest spenders and those that hang on to your morality and you are sure to get judged or elected.
I know it is legal but on the other hand why do they make all and I mean all aspects of abortion so secret.?
If it is legal, then why not publish all its statutes or be open with them.
Is it not all about Morals and Principals which are wholly governed by our cultures and traditions?
Informed consent and abortion limit terms are just but a few that are contradicting and not practiced statutes in abortion.
This link will give you an idea of why abortion should be made illegal, especially when you think of it as your child being the one who is undergoing that process.

http://www.lifenews.com...

I still think Abortion should be made illegal and that way we can have free access to the information and procedures for relevant prosecution of the perpetrators because when its illegal, then everything about it becomes public.
leighrob8

Con

That is a great article, and I definitely agree that once it is made illegal everything about it is public. I can also see your point about thinking of it being my child. I know there are other options other than abortion, and keeping my personal opinions out of it of whether I personally would agree with it for myself or not, I do believe that other women should at least be able to make the choice for themselves. There should be a time limit of course. No abortion should take place when it is almost a woman's due date. After Roe v. Wade, which made abortion legal, Georgia made its own regulations. For example, one has to have parental consent if under age 18. The woman also has to have it down by a licensed official. Lastly, it has to be within the first trimester. If it is after the first trimester, the only way an abortion can legally be done is if the mother's life is in danger (which would be up to the discretion of the doctors). This is the most important regulation. There are women who are not physically capable of giving birth. Girls can get pregnant at 12 and 13 but that is not old enough to physically birth a child. Also one has to think about girls who may have not consented to sex and later found out they were pregnant. These women should be allowed to make major decisions about their own body; and the regulations that Georgia places on the law help to make it more humane and moral.
judikblack

Pro

That is true and as with great responsibility comes great power. If abortion were to be made illegal, can you imagine how expensive it would be, the present price not withstanding? Girls would be less promiscuous because it would not be as easy to go for an abortion. Men who perform illicit actions in either raping or having sex with minors would get more punishment as compared to now. I still ask everyone to assume it was their relative that an incident happened to. All I can say is that we would not have quark doctors performing abortions, all abortions would be done in major hospitals, Before an abortion is performed the Police would be all over to make sure it does not happen again, and the perpetrators would get the maximum penalties and anyone involved would have an answer if Abortion was illegal.
Statistic show that in every 6 women 1 has been raped and in every 33 men 1 has been raped.
http://www.911rape.org...
For these men few ever come forward to say they were raped and men cannot get pregnant. Imagine if these men could get pregnant? an act would pass through the Senate so fast before we could blink our eyes and rape would have a death penalty. Unfortunately, most of the law makers are men, whose relatives have most probably never been raped and since abortion is legal, they have no pity or remorse for the women who undergo abortion. Let us make Abortion illegal and give justice to the body of the woman.
leighrob8

Con

If abortion were to be made illegal, it may be more expensive but it would not stop people from getting them. It would just decrease the safety of the procedure. You are right that we should not have untrained and unlicensed doctors performing these surgeries but the fact is that we would have them if abortion was made illegal. So it is better for the procedure to be done right and professionally rather than in an unsafe environment. If it was my relative or family I would want them to be able to make the choice for themselves. Some girls may be more promiscuous but some may not, one can't say what would really cause girls to act that way. Abortion being legal or illegal does not directly relate to girls being promiscuous or not. Abortion being illegal does not deter girls promiscuity. Statistics of rape cannot be considered completely accurate due to victims not always coming forward which is a lot more prevalent in male than female cases.
judikblack

Pro

You make an astounding argument about the girls and the procedures and I cannot argue about that, but I beg to differ about its legality and the standards involved. Right now, as legal as it is, we have doctors both qualified and unqualified who perform these operations with no regard to whether if botched, they would be responsible. If it were made illegal, these doctors would rarely risk to perform them in unsafe environments nor be caught at it, the health of the patients and these operations would be far in between and not as frequent as they are now. Some abortions are induced abortions and even though are a hazard to the women, they are done all the same with or without consent. A debate for another day.
As for having the females make their own choice, Statistics show that 35% choose to have the operation," a decision that indicate there is problem not only with the promiscuity of the teens but with the decision to keep or remove the pregnancy" as stated by Choice Pregnancy Care center.
http://www.choicespregnancy.org....
Lets us make the decision for our children, let us protect them and let us make Abortion illegal.
Posted by leighrob8 2 years ago
leighrob8
If you are referring to abortion as "pre-meditated murder", no. Abortion is legal due to Roe v. Wade. Each states has different regulations like how far along the women can be and still have an abortion and also regulations like if the female is under 18 they have to have parental consent. But as of now it is legal.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Last time I looked pre-meditated murder is already illegal in all states.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
leighrob8judikblackTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded many points, so arguments to Pro. Pro had more sources.
Vote Placed by AtheistPerson 2 years ago
AtheistPerson
leighrob8judikblackTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't know why. I just think Con made a better point/argument