brittany.2013
WriterSelbe

Abortion should be illegal unless a girl was raped.

WriterSelbe

brittany.2013

Con

I think that abortion should be illegal. However, I think if a girl was raped, then she should have an option.
WriterSelbe

Pro

I thank my opponent for this debate.

Contention 1: Creating a double standard for who may have an abortion could potentially lead to an increase in the claims of rape, and false claims at that. Girls may say they were raped to be able to get an abortion, and because of this many men may be falsely accused.

Contention 2: This is comparable to saying it should be illegal to steal candy from a store unless you are hungry. If a girl is raped, there are government services she can turn to that would not result in abortion.

In conclusion, having a double standard can lead to more rape claims, thus special treatment should not be made.
brittany.2013

Con

Well, to begin with I don't think someone would lie about being raped! Why would a girl lie about something like that just to have an abortion? I mean yea in some cases that is why a girl would have an abortion. And why refer to something such as stealing candy?! No one was talking about stealing candy because that is a total different story and it has nothing to do with abortion anyways. Any what kind of government sources would she be referred to?
WriterSelbe

Pro

A lot of girls who have abortions are in their teens or just plain didn't want to get pregnant. For the ones in their teens, the last thing they want is their parents to find out, or, if they can't get an abortion, think it was consensual. This will lead to more teens lying and saying they were 'raped.'
brittany.2013

Con

brittany.2013 forfeited this round.
WriterSelbe

Pro

Extend all arguments.
brittany.2013

Con

brittany.2013 forfeited this round.
Posted by brittany.2013 4 years ago
brittany.2013
I'm not really sure..I just joined this site today..so I am going to guess arguments.
Posted by WriterSelbe 4 years ago
WriterSelbe
Is first round acceptance or arguments?
Vote Placed by coolshady10 4 years ago
coolshady10
brittany.2013WriterSelbeTied
Reasons for voting decision: it should be a womans right to choose, it is murder but the woman should be able to choose what she does