DebateFrenzy
kerglis711

Abortion should be illegal

kerglis711

DebateFrenzy

Pro

Terms and conditions
- This will be a 5 round debate.
- The voting period will be 10 days.
- We will have 72 hours per round.
- Their is a 8,000 character limit per round.
- Con will start in round one. This is a nice advantage since I will miss a full round.
- Voter comments will be permitted.
kerglis711

Con

Thank you, I accept your challenge.

First of all, abortion helps prevent teenage pregnancy. This prevents a multitude of problems, which I will list below.
1. High School Dropout rates will increase because of parents trying to support their children
2. Based on the assumption that these teenagers will end up working a minimum wage job, they will be unable to support their children in most areas of the U.S.
3. This means the children will suffer from disease and starvation, or possibly have to live out their lives in an orphanage.

However this isn't the only reason that abortion is a good thing. Also consider babies with severe deformities or other problems, these babies are guaranteed to suffer.

Another group to consider when it comes to having legal abortion are the victims of rape. They never wanted to have a baby, if the never indented to have a baby, and don't necessarily want to. I believe it is their right, you can't force people to do something, as that is akin to slavery.

Well thanks for the advantage, and good luck. I am quite interested to see how you will support he illegalization of abortion.
DebateFrenzy

Pro

DebateFrenzy forfeited this round.
kerglis711

Con

So I make an argument, that was nearly disapproved by someone in the comments, and you don't even bother to try.

Anyway, about the comment, I mean disabilities so severe they couldn't POSSIBLY have a good life.

I would make a longer argument, but I have nothing to really argue against :/.
DebateFrenzy

Pro

DebateFrenzy forfeited this round.
kerglis711

Con

I guess you abandoned the debate..... ok
DebateFrenzy

Pro

DebateFrenzy forfeited this round.
DebateFrenzy

Pro

DebateFrenzy forfeited this round.
kerglis711

Con

So this is the end then, ok.....
Posted by Jcamp 3 years ago
Jcamp
It"s not a religuos though the idea of not discriminate a human being because it"s not as us, we may thing that he or she will suffer, but we can help them in other ways, we can't prevent a human to life because it could born different.
We have the right to born, as they also had it, they will had dreams and thougths, and us, as a society, we must help them, it is not moral just to kill someone before even tell him, read about the mountains that this people had move on, just to shown us that they are the same as us, and that they want to be respect.

In the other hand, in case of rape, i believe they the females had all the right to abort a son they aren't responsable of, but if the child is concived "by accident" she and he must asume their mistake, and learn that in the live the man had to charge with his faults, not just kill to keep playing, this is solved by education, not by a lifesalver in case of fail, the man had to learn that playing with fire, cause burns, and that burns can't be just eliminate, if they send a child to the misery, they had to work and learn

Sorry for my english, my ideas may not be as clear as i will want, so thanks for reading.
Posted by kerglis711 3 years ago
kerglis711
Secular even for the religious it would be wrong to put someone through suffering for no reason. However if they can still be happy with the disability don't murder them. There should be some restrictions, but outright banned, definently not!
Posted by SecularSociety 3 years ago
SecularSociety
The only way someone can argue that abortion is wrong is when they are religious. All those preachers and religious people teach them that life starts at conception and that to take a life is wrong. What is more wrong, stopping a life before it reaches consciousness, or letting it live with a severe illness that will allow it to suffer for years to come and eventually die anyway? Come on, you can't argue this logically.
Posted by kerglis711 3 years ago
kerglis711
Checked your profile, why did you give away so much personal info. Well it turns out this is your first debate too, huh, never would've guessed :/
Posted by kerglis711 3 years ago
kerglis711
Sorry if I do this debate "the wrong way" for this is my first one. Don't underestimate me because i'm a noob though!
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
DebateFrenzykerglis711Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro posted a R1, so I can take S&G into account on his side, and didn't find a huge difference. Neither side sourced. Pro forfeited the entire debate except his initial instigation, and so clearly loses conduct. Con made several arguments--none of which were rebutted whatsoever, and so they stand, winning the argument points. As always, happy to clarify anything in this RFD.