MOV_8556.MOV
benjaminimuffin

Abortion should be illegal

MOV_8556.MOV

Pro

Abortion should be illegal except for cases of being raped and health issues for the mother
benjaminimuffin

Con

Well, I am personally iffy on the issue of abortion myself.

BUT...

Views like ours should not overrule a woman's right to choose. If a woman decides to terminate a pregnancy, that is her decision. She should have a clean, safe, legal way to do it.

If abortion is outlawed, or severely restricted, women will still find a way to do it. And this usually means unsanitary, unregulated procedures performed by inexperienced doctors.

So, there's my point. Abortion is one of those "eh" things for me. But in the end...safe, legal abortions are 100x better than dangerous, illegal ones.
MOV_8556.MOV

Pro

I believe that abortion should be illegal because even if the baby is in the womb or out of the womb it is still a living breathing thing . And I believe it is unfair to take a baby's life just because its brain will not be fully developed. If the mother doesn't want the child she can put it up for adoption.
benjaminimuffin

Con

It may be unfair, but think realistically.

Making abortion illegal won't stop it from happening. When an abortion does happen under such severe restrictions, it will likely be unregulated and unsanitary. The mother, a FULLY developed human being, could have her health put at risk. Would you prefer that?

It makes much more sense for abortions to be healthy, safe, regularly available, and LEGAL. Unfortunately, this would involve "silencing" opponents to the practice. But hey, at the end of the day, it really isn't any of their business. (Sorry, I couldn't think of a less snarky way to say that!) It's up to the woman and her partner.
MOV_8556.MOV

Pro

MOV_8556.MOV forfeited this round.
benjaminimuffin

Con

benjaminimuffin forfeited this round.
MOV_8556.MOV

Pro

MOV_8556.MOV forfeited this round.
benjaminimuffin

Con

benjaminimuffin forfeited this round.