Jonathananzante
Bamboo_Shoot

Abortion should be illegal

Jonathananzante has forfeited round #3.

Jonathananzante

Pro

Abortion SHOULD be illegal. Why? You ask. Simply this: If murder is illegal then why isn't abortion. It's worse than murder actually because the unborn babies can not resist. If you want to get rid of child putting the child out for Adoption is the morally correct thing to do.

~RULES~
1. No Swearing
2. No Personal attacking
Bamboo_Shoot

Con

Before moving onto my own argument, I would like to rebut to my opponents pervious argument:

1: My opponent has stated that abortion is murder and that adoption is the best way to get rid of an unwanted child. However, I question the fact that the previous speaker knows what many people use abortion for: to stop unwanted pregnancies and many of the time even saving the life of the women. Anyways, I'll take my opponent's argument at his best stating that abortion is murder.

Murder: the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another: the brutal murder of a German holidaymaker | [ mass noun ] : he was put on trial for attempted murder.

Murder is a human unlawfully killing another human. The fetus can't be classified as a "human" yet, and plus, it is not an "unlawful manner" to rid the fetus. Also, it is a mean of self-defence and a choice that women must have in their lives in modern democracies: The freedom of choice. And the right to stop unwanted suffering that can easily be stopped.
Jonathananzante

Pro

As all human embryologists know, a single-cell human zygote, or a more developed human embryo, or human fetus is a human being and that's the way they are supposed to look at those particular periods of development." (http://bit.ly...)

As you can see, embryologists say that fetuses are human beings then I guess they are.

And to this argument from you " I question the fact that the previous speaker knows what many people use abortion for: to stop unwanted pregnancies and many of the time even saving the life of the women"
Well I say, if you do not want an 'unwanted pregnancy' do NOT have unprotected sex (no like I support sex before marriage) or don't have sex at all if you don't wanna have a kid kid. that is a woman's choice to you know.

Abortion is also the morally incorrect thing to do. Since i have proven that the fetus is a human, then I can further that by saying every human has rights. One of those rights is a right to life. (http://bit.ly...) and also even if scientists say fetuses are not human that does not mean they do not have rights. After all even animals have rights.
Bamboo_Shoot

Con

Rebutting to a few of the previous speakers arguments:

The previous speaker has stated that 'unwanted pregnancies' is done from unprotected sex. However, I'd like to point out that this can be caused by other things such as rape. Rape is a crime and that the women has to be forcefully condemned without abortion to carry out this pregnancy isn't moral: Women must also have control over their own bodies. The previous speaker even mentioned that "every human has rights", so in this case why can't the mother simply have a basic right to control her own body.

The proposition side has continuously mentioned that abortion is simply not "morally correct", however, many abortion cases were carried out to save the life of the mother, such as when the mother is a rape victim and that her body is too weak to birth a baby many of the time causing the death of the mother is abortion was not permitted.

The biggest abortion debate going around now in the United States is a clash between the right-winged republicans against the democrats which hold liberal beliefs. Even the majority of republicans even stated that abortion would be permitted in a case where either the mother is a rape victim or if the mother is in a 'life threatening' situation.

All in all, it is simply un-constitutional that a women doesn't have rights to her own body and that the proposition side is willing cause rape victims suffering or even a case of which the life of the women is at stake.
Posted by Liam_0o 9 months ago
Liam_0o
Most abortions are not because the mother's life is endangered or rape. that's just statistically not true.
Posted by Bamboo_Shoot 10 months ago
Bamboo_Shoot
Disappointing that you couldn't finish the debate.
Posted by Bamboo_Shoot 10 months ago
Bamboo_Shoot