Ashabunny44
girg

Abortion should be illegal

girg

Ashabunny44

Pro

Abortion should be illegal in the U.S.
girg

Con

I accept this debate representing for the CON side for this.
I stand on the position that:
1. Women should have choice on whether to abort or not
and
2. Abortions should be available to women as needed
Ashabunny44

Pro

Abortion needs to be illegal in the United States because it is murder. If someone is old enough to make a baby there old enough to have it.
girg

Con

Is removing a few hundred undeveloped cells murder?
And age makes no difference.
Is a 13 year old fit to have a child?
And what is that young girl is raped? Does she have to go through life without a father at such a young age, ruining all prospect for the future?
Your argument is very open and cliche.
Ashabunny44

Pro

Children at the age of 13 are not old enough to have sex. In the unfortunate a girl is raped adoption is a great option. Since life begins at conception I do feel no person has the right to take anothers life. Also abortion has possible long term affect such as pelvic disease and future miscariges. Responding to your argument on rape, you are punishing an inocent baby. Abortion should not be used as another form of controception!
girg

Con

Children at 13 years of age are biologically able to have sex and reproduce, and many do. If a girl is raped, should she have to suffer all those 9 months with harassment and then be made to bring a baby into this world that isn't even hers? Adoption is an option, however, it could be a long time before they can fond someone willing to take the baby.
If we make abortion illegal, they will still happen as "back alley abortions" and women will run into more health problems with an unsterile or illegitimate working environment.
With abortion being legal, crime rates in the past have dropped, as seen here:
When females have children that they don't necessarily want, and they grow up in crime populated areas, the child grows up in that environment.
Bottom line: If you don't like abortion, don't get one. Do not take away the rights of others just because you do not like the idea of it.
Ashabunny44

Pro

In the Hippocratic oath it states, "I will not give a women a pissary to cause an abortion." It also states " Above all, I must not play at god." Abortion is not only a sin but insult to gods creation. God has a plan for everyone and not one person should have the right to kill one of gods creations. Lastley a majority of people who get an abortion regret it later in life, after all it is murder.
girg

Con

Actually it states that in the Hippocratic oath in the original(the one translated to english) and makes no mention of it in the classic or modern one.
And for the sake of arguement, I would ask you not to bring God into this, as religion is completely up to interpritation and has no scientific backup.
But to the part of "I must not play God", this also means that we should not cure people, as apperantly 'God" will take as he pleases and everything is up to him. But this is all in the theoretical sense that I took that argument seriously.

Since you had a poor rebuttle to any of my arguements with little backup and logic, I declare I have won this debate.
Posted by BloodRedSkies 4 years ago
BloodRedSkies
I agree with Con.
Religion has nothing to do with the right to abort. Religion is personal and your beliefs should not be forced upon those who do not believe if even you don't see it the same way. There is a freedom of religion.
Accidents and rape happen, incest happens. Woman should have the right to choose if they don't want that child. Again, she is not playing for god, neither is the physician. Sex is something between two humans, god doesn't enter this discussion.
Unborn babies diagnosed with a severe handicap or diseases which make their life unbearable should not be put through this horror. I agree life is sacred, but what is the quality of living if you can't support yourself (I don't want start the discussion when a handicap or disease is severe enough to abort, this is another discussion).

All of Pro's arguments are based on personal or religious beliefs and therefore have no place or any validity concerning a woman's choice to abort. Hence the famous quote: if you don't like abortions, don't have one.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
Ashabunny44girgTied
Reasons for voting decision: Even though I agree with Pro, Con has way better arguments.
Vote Placed by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
Ashabunny44girgTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro really didn't try to refute the con side of things. Con effectively refuted pro's position. Con had better S/G. Con was only one to provide links, so sources go con.
Vote Placed by PeacefulChaos 4 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Ashabunny44girgTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con provided better arguments as to why abortion should remain legal (i.e. if you don't like it, don't do it, but don't take other people's rights away). Pro failed to refute Con's major arguments, and had no sources to back her up whereas Con did.