dman15
seaapple

Abortion should be legal under certain circumstances

dman15

Pro

There are only certain times that abortion should be legal
1 Any time during the first trimester
2 In the instance of rape
3 When the mothers life is in danger
My opponent will be arguing that abortion should never be allowed
Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Opening statement
Rounds 3-4: Arguments/rebuttals
Round 5: Closing statement ( No new arguments)
I have one rule: If you forfeit a round you automatically lose

Good luck to whomever takes this debate
seaapple

Con

Greetings, my dear opponent. Thank you for instigating this debate. I accept all the rules you have stated. I will stick on my stand which is Abortion Should Never be Allowed. Now, I am waiting for you to open your statement in round 2.
dman15

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate
In my opening statement I will explain why I think abortion should be legal if the circumstances are met that I stated in round one
1 Any time during the first trimester. During the first trimester I feel it is not too late for the women who is carrying the baby to change her mind because it is her who is carrying the baby. Also during the first trimester the fetus isn't fully grown and stands no chance of surviving out side of the womb, therefore it is not a human yet.

2 In the instance of rape. If a woman is raped she shouldn't have to be reminded of it everyday and not have to feel the pain of childbirth. Also having a baby should be a choice and getting raped usually isn't a choice

3 When the mothers life is in danger. If at any time during a pregnancy a doctor decides that child could be deadly for a woman I think an abortion should be an option, because if the woman goes into labor and she dies both lives could be lost and that would be a terrible tragedy.

I look forward to your opening statement.
seaapple

Con

I guess you should forget about my comment. So, after a short discussion with my great Islamic teacher, I think I don't have to open my statement widely. I agree with your explanation above. It's only that abortion should not be carried out when the foetus is already 4 months old. This is because the baby's soul have been blown into the foetus within that time. Therefore, I want to conclude that abortion should never be allowed when the foetus has reached 4 months old. I'm sorry if I didn't follow the regulation that you have stated in each round. Plus, if you think that I'm almost-agreeing to your stand, I think you're right. It's just that I added some explanation into it. I don't think it's lowering my dignity that I almost-agree with you. I just realised that I was a bit wrong, so what's the point if I still arguing about it when I know that I'm wrong right? (My teacher taught me that :)). But I didn't totally agree with your stand okay, I'll agree if your stand is Abortion Should Be Legal Under Certain Circumstances but Only When The Foetus Has Reached 4 Months old. I am looking forward for your response. I hope you won't be going to insult me or something like that.
dman15

Pro

You should thank your islamic teacher for widening your view on abortion.
I understand that you now agree with me on first trimester abortion, but what about my other two reasons abortions should legal, rape and when the mothers life is in danger. I would like to see your opinions on them. Ok, I guess I will just strengthen my opinions.
1)When rape occurs. It is not the Women's fault that she got raped and she should still be able to get an abortion after the first trimester.
2) When the mothers life is in danger. We might lose two lives if an abortion doesn't happen here, but of course if the women doesn't want an abortion that is her choice.
Hopefully next time there is more to write about.
seaapple

Con

Okay, my opinions on the two statements is just simple. I agree with you on both statements, it's just that the foetus must be less than four months old. Only that the abortion can be carried out. So, do you agree with me that abortion can only be carried out when the foetus is less than four months old? If not, please give your reasons.
dman15

Pro

Personally I think the fetus should be less than 3 three months old but I have no problem with four months.
This round I would like to see you attack my other points
seaapple

Con

LoL. I already said that I agree with both of your points, it's just that I want it to be less than four months. So, I won't be attacking your points.
dman15

Pro

Ok thanks for accepting and I would love to have a debate on an issue we disagree on
seaapple

Con

seaapple forfeited this round.
Posted by Jessigrad 4 years ago
Jessigrad
I myself am not a supporter of abortion but i think that there should always be that option for people. I have never been in that situation and hope that i never have to be but if i ever was i think that i would feel my comfortable knowing that the are options but i would still probably not do it but i think it is really only understandable if it is raoe. But i do think that it should still be an option for those who would consider it because i dont think that we should be in charge of anyone else's bodies except for our own
Posted by seaapple 4 years ago
seaapple
hey dman15, can i change my stand into Abortion Should Never Be Allowed When The Foetus Is Already 4 Months Old??