Decentmind
WCBC15

Abortion should be legal.

Decentmind

Pro

It is my belief that it is a mothers natural inherited right to choose rather or not to terminate a pregnancy.
WCBC15

Con

Human life begins at conception ,Its even been proven scientifically. Every human has a right for a chance at life. If abortion continues to be legal than we are striping that right from these children.
Decentmind

Pro

I also believe life begins at conception and also agree that all life should be given a chance. Though I am 100% pro choice I would almost never advocate someone aborting a child.

Though I am against abortion I believe it is a mother right to choose to abort her pregnancy. As the giver of life I believe until a baby is born its life is in the hands of its mother. No one should be allowed to tell someone what to do with their body and until a baby is born child and mother are one.
WCBC15

Con

Well I'm glad we can agree that human life begins at conception and every life should be given a chance. We even would (almost) never advocate someone aborting a child.

Pro you write:Though I am against abortion I believe it is a mother right to choose to abort her pregnancy." It almost seems you could be pro life because you're against abortion and you would never tell someone to abort. It almost sounds like you're contradicting yourself but i think i get what you're saying, You're against it but if someone wants to they can do it? Im against people smoking cigarettes but i think people should have the right to smoke if they please. The problem i see with the your view is more than just the woman are affected.

First id like to say women are not the "givers" of life. Babies do not spontaneously conceive in a mothers womb and i know that concept is as basic as it gets but men are just as responsible to giving life as a woman. Second, Pro writes"No one should be allowed to tell someone what to do with their body" then adds "until a baby is born child and mother are one." The assumption that the mother and baby are "one" is not backed by science at all. So if they are not "one" what right does the mother have over the baby's?

I reaffirm that abortion should be illegal because everyone has a right to life.
Decentmind

Pro

Decentmind forfeited this round.
WCBC15

Con

Ill wait for a response.
Decentmind

Pro

Decentmind forfeited this round.
WCBC15

Con

WCBC15 forfeited this round.
Posted by OnlineMissionary197 1 year ago
OnlineMissionary197
For advice, and some helpful tips, please refer to this debate: http://www.debate.org... I will be happy to assist more throughout this Debate.
Posted by Decentmind 1 year ago
Decentmind
It's a mothers right to choose. No matter how messed up the reasoning it is her body, no other person has the right to tell her she must carry a child in her womb. It is her womb to do with as she pleases.
Posted by Brandon221423 1 year ago
Brandon221423
In truth it's about who the mother thinks of first. If the mother is selfless and loves her child I doubt she will abort, but it is common knowledge the problems with pregnancy can led to the death of the mother so if there is no bond or love then the mother should not have to risk her life for someone she considers to be a total stranger that she doesn't care for at all. There is also the fact this if a women is raped she doesn't need the constant reminder inside her for 9 months and also risk her life because someone didn't possess self control.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
Actually they're not one. The child is connected to the mother, but by definition they have two separate bodies. So I'm basing those analogies on the fact that one human being dependent on another does imply that the dependent human's life is forfeit to the person they depend on.
Posted by Decentmind 1 year ago
Decentmind
What? I am talking about a mother and unborn child. Your comparisons having nothing in common with my argument. I stated that an unborn child and mother are one until they child is born so I have no idea how you feel like the makers of goods and higher authorities is comparible.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
When I say baby I mean the unborn baby or fetus or embryo whatever state it's in.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
Yeah your argument is pretty bad.

I mean, you're saying that a baby is an individual life, but it's somehow the mom's choice whether or not it dies because it's dependent on the mom? If that's the case, then higher authorities and producers of the goods we need should have the right to kill us, and patients with severe illnesses should have their lives forfeited to the doctors who take care of them just because of dependency.

It's kind of an extreme set of examples, but in a way it's not. You have to come up with a better argument than dependency, because dependency does not determine whether or not someone can be killed out of inconvenience or emotional distress.
Posted by Decentmind 1 year ago
Decentmind
How so?
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I feel like Pro conceded Round 2.