ZBestDebater
OnlineMissionary197

Abortion should be legal

ZBestDebater

Pro

Abortion- A topic everyone has argued about for years. Let's decide whether or not it should be legal- First round acceptance.

Rules:

No argument from ridicule

No Ad Hominem

No Ad Lapidem

Thank you if you accept, and good luck.
OnlineMissionary197

Con

Okay, I'll take a stab at it. I will be arguing why "Abortion should not be legal". I would like to request some rules to be implemented into the argument:

Do not ask questions that you cannot answer.

Please list sources of your information at the end of each paragraph, and if you came up with it, then say, "by - MyName" at the end of the paragraph.

Let the debate begin.
ZBestDebater

Pro

Alright, the 2nd round.

Abortion SHOULD be legal, because in some cases Abortion is necessary (Ex. Pre-Teen is raped, Woman has no husband/reltives and is to die due to disease after child is born). So it must be legal, and you can't have thousands of people deciding whether or not the abortion should be carried out, since it is extremely hard to do so and it will be based solely on personal opinion.

If the abortion is WANTED by all living parents, it is probably the most logical choice, seeing as the parents will not love the child at all if they are forced to have it, and a Foster home will mean decades and likely an entire life of physical and sexual harassment.

So if Abortion is needed due to a condition (Disease, Rape), Then it is obviously neccesary.

If it is wanted by parents, then there will be some possibilities:

1- Parents have an Abortion, no big problems

2- Parents are forced to have a Baby, they do not love baby and it grows up to be a bad person or a mentally weak person due to years of lack of love and, possibly, harassment

3- Parents are forced to have a Baby, they give it up for Adoption, Baby is Harassed (It will, don't say it won't) at Foster home, grows up to be a bad person or a mentally weak person due to years of lack of love and harassment

If it were me, I'd probably not make the Baby suffer so much and simply pick choice 1. Please explain how choice 1 is unwise.

I await your response.
OnlineMissionary197

Con

Let's do this!

Warning, graphic content mentioned.

Abortion should not be legal for this situation involves the taking of human life. People believe when the baby is in the womb it is just simply an embryo, or a fetus. Considering it is only thought as a micro organism without the complexity of it actually being life. Thus, it is okay to terminate whenever the child is underdeveloped. The fetus does not become a human until it is capable of surviving outside the womb, according to public opinion.

For me, this is not the case whatsoever. I do not believe that when a human sperm or a human egg dies it is a significant death. They are only simple organisms alone, like skin cells for example; but when a human sperm and egg come together and bond, that is now considered human life. Terminating the embryo would be considered an act of murder. Now, here are some responses to your reasons for women to choose abortion:

94% of women who gave birth said abortion would not be a good solution to a pregnancy resulting from rape. Of those who aborted, nearly half did so because of the demands of others. The main reason for others to oppress her for abortion is to cover up the sin that they had committed. Usually, they felt shameful for having sex together. The guy that encourages the abortion is usually the guy who is in the relationship just for sex and entertainment. Not to start a life long family.

Two major studies of pregnant rape victims found that 3/4 of these women chose to give birth. None of the women who gave birth said they did not want their children or wished they had aborted instead. Women have a heart for children. It is a genetic trait for them to have a tender heart for younglings. Now, there are women who absolutely hate little kids, but that is a very small fraction of the majority of women who love instead.

93% of those who had abortions said, "it had not been a good solution to their problems" and they "would not recommend it to others in their situation. A reason for this is that there is usually a feeling of guilt of a life being taken. Another is the opinions of those around the women. Whether the people around her are pro-life and have shame for her decision, or there are mixed opinions and she is caught in the mixed of the conflict for the majority of her remaining life.

And before you start saying that abortion is about the choice of a woman, let me give you some prospective here. Abortion has never been about "choice"" It is about escaping the consequences of your choices by taking all "choices" away from another human being.

There is basically only one situation that I would consider abortion appropriate, and it is a rare situation. If a woman"s life is on the line, say like an injury of a sort, and she is about to die, and for some reason the developing baby is causing the woman from surviving. I would say that is an appropriate case for an abortion to be used to save the mother's life. Because as the baby is still developing, it cannot come out of the womb and survive, and if the host dies, the baby dies. So you are either left with kill the baby early to save the woman, or not kill the baby and both the baby and woman die hours later.

Perhaps another situation, only slightly different, is when there is a complication in the pregnancy. The baby is developed, and ready to come out, but if the baby comes out, the mother dies, but if the baby dies, the mother lives. This is a personal choice between the husband and wife. To which life is most valued. A situation to where one life must die so that another life can live. This is a very difficult decision that anyone would have to make. These two are the only exceptions.

http://prolifeaction.org...
http://www.infographicszone.com...
http://www.babycentre.co.uk...
And the "Abortion is Murder" Facebook community
ZBestDebater

Pro

I was writing such a huge block of text, but then I saw your 4th paragraph and decided I am incorrect.

Thank you for changing my opinion, I forfeit.

VOTE FOR CON!
OnlineMissionary197

Con

I'm happy to see you change of heart on the topic. It always saddens me when I hear people that they are pro for human life, and yet they are all for abortion. I hope we could change that one day. If you have or anyone else viewing have any questions addressing Abortion, I would be happy to give you my best answer. Thank You! :D
ZBestDebater

Pro

Alright man, see ya!
OnlineMissionary197

Con

Okay, see ya.
ZBestDebater

Pro

I AM BREAD
OnlineMissionary197

Con

I am BUTTER.
Posted by OnlineMissionary197 1 year ago
OnlineMissionary197
well, even though the counter shows 200 views, no one decided to vote. Well, at least I still feel accomplished. Great debate ZBestDebater!
Posted by ZBestDebater 1 year ago
ZBestDebater
Oh, I see.
OnlineMissionary197
I'm aware of that. I was just simply giving an example. :D
Posted by ZBestDebater 1 year ago
ZBestDebater
Oh, just so you know, I'm not an Atheist.
OnlineMissionary197
That's kind of what I am saying. Not really. Let me give you an example: You ask me, "How do you know that God created the universe when you were not there?", then I would ask you, "How do you know the world evolved over billions of years when you were not there?" But I will repeat myself, if the purpose of the question is to actually get information, like I really want to know, kin of question, then it is alright. Not like meeting someone who is wearing the same shirt you are, wearing and he asks, "Dude, where did you get that shirt?" and instead of answering him you instead ask him the very same question. A needless conversation of insulting questions. But I am pretty sure you will not ask such questions so do not worry too much about it. :D
Posted by ZBestDebater 1 year ago
ZBestDebater
So if I think that such question is ridiculous, and I ask you about it because I want to know why YOU have your own opinion, I should not? It's the whole point of a question- Knowing what someone else thinks. Say I ask you, "Why do you think Abortion is not moral?" I don't know, I'm asking you to see if you're really justified in your opinion, and for me to attempt to disprove that justification and defend my own.
OnlineMissionary197
All I'm saying is do not ask me a question that I can ask you also, and you would not know how to answer. It's basically questions of accusatory input, but unless the point of the questions is just to get some neutral evidence, then it is fine.
Posted by ZBestDebater 1 year ago
ZBestDebater
That, and I ask of you not to use the format many Debaters here use..

(TITLE IN BOLD)

(TITLE IN BOLD)
(Info)
(Diagram)
(TITLE IN BOLD)
(Info)
(TITLE IN BOLD)
(TITLE IN BOLD)
(Conclusion)
(Many Links)

Make it as long as you want, just please don't use this format. It looks like a robot made it... I don't know. I DO like for people to provide evidence, but we're arguing a "should" question, meaning we should probably use more logic than evidence.
Posted by ZBestDebater 1 year ago
ZBestDebater
Slow down there, bud. Listen, you're saying "Don't ask a question you can't answer". I understand that I may not know the answer, but then again, if I did, that question would be worthless. After all, what is the point of a question?

Unless it's rhetorical...