akomiko
jvava

Abortion should be legalised and should be decided by the mother of the child

jvava

akomiko

Pro

Due to the fact that any human being who's life is endangered physically by pregnancy problems has more right to live that an undeveloped creature who is unaware of his/her surroundings the life of the mother of the child prevails over the one of the 3 months old baby and thus it is a crime to let the woman die because of the baby who will likely not live long if his/her mother is dead
jvava

Con

Hello. I am glad to be debating with you on this very controversial issue.

I am going to state my beliefs clearly – abortion should be an option if the life of the mother is at risk. I don't think a majority of people don't agree with this – conservative and liberal. I disagree with abortion in cases where the mother's life is not at risk. My concern about abortion is that it undervalues human life; since life begins at contraception (which I am willing to debate), abortion is akin to murder. Anything living that is killed is murdered.

And this stands for children born of rape and incest as well – they were created through the same method: sexual intercourse. What makes them different from a child born to a married couple, or an unmarried couple? Nothing – and, besides, pregnancy can be avoided through proper medical treatment and care. Acting quickly and responsibly can eliminate the chances of pregnancy, and ultimately abortion, later on. If a mother did not want a child born of rape or incest in the first place, why does she not want immediate medical care to prevent it?

I am also concerned that abortion can have serious health effects, like the increasing of the chance at ectopic pregnancies and miscarriages, as well as the chances of becoming infected by pelvic inflammatory diseases. Also, many who seek abortion as an option are usually minors or young women who typically regret their choice later on down the road.

A
s to the finical side of abortion, why should tax money be spent to pay for abortions when some of those tax payers are morally against abortion? It is the same as a liberal's tax money being spent on anti-gay marriage programs. How would they feel if this occurred? Cheated, for sure. It is the same for conservatives.

Just a question to start this debate – what if you were that fetus being aborted against? What if your chances at life were being demolished because your mother didn't want you? Yet, right across the street, another fetus is growing, maturing, because their parents wanted him. How would you feel if your mother considered abortion?

Looking forward to your response. May the voters decide who wins this debate.

akomiko

Pro

akomiko forfeited this round.
jvava

Con

jvava forfeited this round.
akomiko

Pro

akomiko forfeited this round.
jvava

Con

This was not much of a debate, I realize. But I just want to say that I am pro-life, not anti-woman.

If voting on the debate please consider who had the better argument, who had the better conduct. I realize I forfeited the second round, but that out of confusion of what to do next. But here I am, summing up and concluding this debate.

May the voters decide who won.
Vote Placed by Stonewall 3 years ago
Stonewall
akomikojvavaTied
Reasons for voting decision: I consider multiple forfeits to be poor conduct, so Con gets the vote for that. You can see the effort put forth on both sides, and Con's effort (and points) far outweigh Pro's.