Firaxxa
AlternativeDavid

Abortion should be made Illegal

Firaxxa

Pro

Hello I'm looking to Debate with someone about Abortion but first of all let me make some things clear.

1. I am NOT a Christian nor do I follow any Faith nor am I a Scientific illiterate who thinks Fetus's are real People. I just find it wrong to deny a Human Being Life before it even exists.

2. I will not Debate with someone who uses "Your just a Misogynist Pig!" as a argument this is just not the case.

3.A common refute for People with my Mentality is "well it's better for them to not exist then for them to be not wanted. Our do you really want Underage Minors have their lives ruined by a Child?" My answer to both of those Questions is that the Government should build Large Care centers for these unwanted Children. With loving Caretakers who require a EXTENSIVE Background and Physicilogical check before they take the job alongside constant Monitering to make sure they don't abuse the Children. This carecenter should provide these Unwanted Children with a way to get a Education but also a Roof over their Head unroll they reach the age of Twenty One. This would also create Thousands of new Jobs and before you say we couldn't afford this we most certainly could by just cutting the Massive Military Fund just a bit.

4. I am not a Conservative I am a mostly Liberal Atheist .

Hope I find a Debate Partner. And to Him our Her Let's keep it Civil, Inpersonel. And clean yeah :D
AlternativeDavid

Con

I look forward to a good debate. Pro has not defined the resolution, so I will assume that they want abortions banned in cases including rape, incest (which is usually rape), and under threats of the fetus killing the mother.

"My answer to both of those Questions is that the Government should build Large Care centers for these unwanted Children."

I cite this number a lot in abortion debates, and I'll cite it again here. There are one million abortions every single year in the united states alone [1]. There's also a mere 400,000 children in foster care [2]. This is definitely a lot of children in foster care already. If abortion were to become illegal, and people followed the law (I'll touch on this in a second), there would be one million children added to this existing 400,000 every year ad infinitum. There's no way we could take care of the 30 million foster kids we'd have on our hands in the year 3034ish (the rate of abortion decreases a little bit every year so it may take slightly longer to hit thirty million). We don't have the workforce for that, and we certainly don't have the funds for that. One may argue that this would create more jobs, but the government would go broke trying to train/pay all of the millions of people that would need to be employed. Let alone the cost of building these facilities, getting these children food, clothing these children, and getting them school supplies. We've just left the zone of a few billion dollars (the amount that pro suggested to allocate) and have ventured into the trillions.

Now, regarding my mention of people following an abortion ban, I'll make the contention that legalizing abortion doesn't stop abortion, it merely stops safe abortions [3]. Unsafe abortions are incredibly barbaric. We're talking about putting bicycle spokes and coat hangers into the woman's uterus. Does that sound safe?

I'm not in support of people having abortions, but the results of banning abortions are terrifying [4], with 25-50% of all maternal deaths in countries with bans being linked to illegal abortions.

[1] http://www.abort73.com...
[2] http://www.childrensrights.org...
[3] http://globalmedicine.nl...
[4] http://www.bgnews.com...
Firaxxa

Pro

Firaxxa forfeited this round.
Firaxxa

Pro

Firaxxa forfeited this round.
AlternativeDavid

Con

AlternativeDavid forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
steellord.....Then it would not be murder to kill a liberal.
Posted by AlternativeDavid 2 years ago
AlternativeDavid
I think you're overestimating people's access to the black market.
Posted by steellord 2 years ago
steellord
It's hardly murder when the brain isn't even developed....anyway

This is an overblown subject anymore. It's not 1950s. If it were made illegal, i'd wager abortions wouldn't decrease at all. In texas, they have found ways around roe v wade putting restrictions that have forced clinics to shut down. Well, all that needs to be done then is buy a pill on the black market. There sure as hell wouldn't be clothes hangers involved, nor would anyone take on the extreme expense, responsibility, and labor just because some politicians decided they must.
Posted by AlternativeDavid 2 years ago
AlternativeDavid
I don't know if I was supposed to give an argument in round 1 but Pro never mentioned it so I'll assume that it's okay.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
I thought murder was already illegal.All abortion does is give a free pas to those who do it.A get out of jail free card.And the babies subsidize that behavior with their lives.