Abortion should be made illegal.

As Pro, I will argue that abortion should be made illegal. I will accept the burden of proof.

First round acceptance.

Really? And I accept.I would also say this that women gotta do what she gotta do any way next round is debate

Thank you for accepting Con.

Contention #1 - The fetus is a human life
The standard, biology textbook definition of life is 1) the ability to grow and 2) the ability to reproduce.[1] In other words, if something grows and possesses the ability to reproduce at some point in its life cycle (barring some sort of defect), then it is considered by the scientific community to be alive.

By this standard, a fetus can be considered to be a life. But what if we use a more advanced definition such as the one below?

1. Homeostasis: Regulation of the internal environment to maintain a constant state; for example, electrolyte concentration or sweating to reduce temperature.

1. Organization: Being structurally composed of one or more cells — the basic units of life.

1. Metabolism Transformation of energy by converting chemicals and energy into cellular components (anabolism) and decomposing organic matter (catabolism). Living things require energy to maintain internal organization (homeostasis) and to produce the other phenomena associated with life.

1. Growth: Maintenance of a higher rate of anabolism than catabolism. A growing organism increases in size in all of its parts, rather than simply accumulating matter.

1. Adaptation: The ability to change over time in response to the environment. This ability is fundamental to the process of evolution and is determined by the organism's heredity, diet, and external factors.

1. Response to stimuli: A response can take many forms, from the contraction of a unicellular organism to external chemicals, to complex reactions involving all the senses of multicellular organisms. A response is often expressed by motion; for example, the leaves of a plant turning toward the sun (phototroism), and chemotaxis.

1. Reproduction: The ability to produce new individual organisms, either asexually from a single parent organism, or sexually from two parent organisms.[2][3]

Once again, the fetus meets all the criteria for life.

However, this is somewhat irrelevant. After all, bacteria and blades of grass are also alive, and we feel no moral qualms about killing them. Why, then, is a fetus different? Put simply, because it is a human life. By definition, a product of reproduction is of the same kind as its "parents."[4]

Contention #2 - The intentional destruction of innocent human lives should not be legal
This deontological position is a widely-held ethical system, and I believe that the burden of proof rests quite heavily on my opponent to prove that it is fallacious.

But regardless, as we already have laws in place against homicidal acts, it would seem only consistent and just, given my first contention, to have laws against abortion. I challenge my opponent to prove that this consistency does not actually exist.

I look forward to Con's rebuttal.

well fetus is a human life and I feel so bored right now so if you are saying we should banned it umm lets see so you want women who are raped to have children with a rapist huh huh

Dog goes woof
Cat goes meow
Chicken go bawk
The mouse just squeak
Cow goes mooooooooooo
Sheep go bah
And the elephant goes toot
So whats that sound that we all don't really know
What does the fox say?
Hatee hate hhatee hate
ding ding ding ding ding

Allow me to begin by saying that rape is a horrible thing and that I feel great sympathy for any woman who is subjected to it. The pro-abortion argument that my opponent seems to have been trying to articulate was, "If a woman is raped and becomes pregnant she is going to feel psychological trauma upon giving birth to the child, due to it reminding her of the rape."

While a rape victim's feelings are valuable, a child's life is also valuable. When forced to make a decision between protecting someone's feelings or protecting someone's life, I am forced to go with the lesser of two evils and protect life.

I would like to challenge my opponent to present to me another scenario in which he thinks it is justifiable to end an innocent human life simply because they remind you of an unpleasant person or experience.

Foxes bark.

I am convinced abortion sucks and its not right

In that case, please vote Pro.

Abortion sucks!! killing and murder sucks!!
Posted by Gohan12345 2 years ago
Abortion stops children from coming and I am convinced now so abortion shall be illegal because women die and we both win and lololololol what does the fox say? who knows
Vote Placed by ej3467273 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con was a troll.