righty10294
Retrospace18

Abortion should be outlawed

righty10294

Pro

Abortion should be outlawed. It is just disgusting how a women can kill their offspring just because she had "sexy time" wrong. I don't want to hear the argument, "what if she got raped." If she did get raped she should have the baby and the raped pay all losses to the women. Now when she has the baby, alls you have to do is to bring it to a orphanage or a firehouse. How much can that cost you, if you bring it there on the way home from the hospital.

Also, 1.2% of abortions are with girls who are 15 years oldo. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, that is the parents fault for the girl getting pregnant. They should've been paying attention to what she is doing, and who she is hanging around.

Another thing, if you do bring up rape, that man should be fully prosecouted first. Then he should be fined the amount of money the women lost, so their is no need for abortion.
Retrospace18

Con

Hi righty10294,

This has been a touchy subject around here, lately. So, i ask that we keep this debate formal, and not let it get out of hand.

1)"Abortion should be outlawed. It is just disgusting how a women can kill their offspring just because she had "sexy time" wrong. I don't want to hear the argument, "what if she got raped." If she did get raped she should have the baby and the raped pay all losses to the women. Now when she has the baby, alls you have to do is to bring it to a orphanage or a firehouse. How much can that cost you, if you bring it there on the way home from the hospital."-righty

So, its disgusting how a woman can kill her offspring. I'm taking it that you are against condoms and birth control then? When you use a condom you are actually trapping half of a future child in a latex "glove". And eventually killing it. Birth control, prevents ovulation, or the producing of eggs.Im wondering how much you know about the process of child bearing.

Abortions are (mostly) done in the first trimester (before the 12th week of pregnancy). When the child is still, what some call a blob, and not much of a child. http://www.pregnancy.org... This site provides a week by week analysis of the "baby" in the womb. As you can see the fetus does not resemble a human at all, until week seven. So, if an abortion is done, before this time, is it ok?

I do find it interesting that you are against the idea of abortion even if a woman got raped. Tell me, say you're married. And your wife comes home one day, and tells you that she was raped. A few weeks later you find out she's pregnant, but not with your child. Are you going to sentence your wife to carry a "bastard" child for nine months.Everytime the child "kicks" she remembers that moment when she was forced to have sex. Everytime she has to go up in a size of clothing, she feels the emotions rush back to her. Your really going to sentence the woman you love to live nine months of hell, because she was forced to have sex,against her own will?

2)"Also, 1.2% of abortions are with girls who are 15 years oldo. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, that is the parents fault for the girl getting pregnant. They should've been paying attention to what she is doing, and who she is hanging around."-righty

What do you advise the child to do? Continue with the bearing, ruining her body for, she has not yet fully developed, possibly bringing pyshicial conditions that worsen with age? Continue with the bearing, and forcing her to drop out of high school? 80% of pregnant teens are forced to drop out of school. 80%! These woman can never get a self supporting job, and can never have a successful future. Which is worse? Having the opportunity to be successful and it being stripped right from under your nose, or never having the opportunity at all? By not allowing the abortion you've just condemned not only the mother, but the too be child, to a life of poverty and sadness.

(source: http://query.nytimes.com...)

3)"Another thing, if you do bring up rape, that man should be fully prosecouted first. Then he should be fined the amount of money the women lost, so their is no need for abortion."-righty

So, money solves everything? Money takes care of that physical pain that the man put her through, during the rape, child carrying, and birth? Money takes care of the emotional pain she was put through during rape, child caring, and birth? Money takes care of the chances of her family disowning her? What if the man doesn't have any money, or enough to pay for said crimes? What now?

Some of the physical effects of rape. "http://www.healthyplace.com...; Money takes care of that too?

Abortion is not the taking of a child, its not the taking of a life. Its the taking of what WOULD BECOME a life. What harm is there in preventing life? People do it everyday with condoms and birth control.
righty10294

Pro

Hello Retrospace18,

Let me comment on yout argument:
1)You say that I'm against birth control pills and condoms, because they are killing a baby. That is absaluty wrong. First I wished more people used condoms to stop the spread of AIDS. Also, a offspring isn't formed until the male's sperm fertilizes the egg cell. So, I'm killing sperm because it is in the condom? You have millions of sperm cells that are made plus died every day and they last only a couple of days. Another thing, a man will always be reproductive and a women won't.

2) "Most abortions are in the first 7 weeks of pregnecy and the baby looks like a blob." So are you saying it is okay to kill a baby, because it doesn't look like one? That is just wrong. WHat if our camera aren;t strong enough to depict parts of the body? If we do get a stronger camera and that happens then is it still okay?

3)I would be gald to answer your question on when the women gets pregnet from rape and every time the baby kicks, she'll think of it. I would like to know how she got raped. The only thing I can think of is a guy whos is drunk or high pulls a knife to her neck in a bar or in the city. How would know one no about it and try to stop it?

My point with 1.2% of abortions are with kids who are under 15. My point is that is the parents fault. I know of some girls a couple grades higher than mine (around 15 16 years old) are experimenting with their boyfriend. The parents know about this, and are putting her on a brith contol pill. The 1.2% of teens have parents who don'tpay attention. They need to pay attention to their kids. That is a goes with your stat about 80% of pregnet teens dropout. If their parents paid more attention to their kids it wouldn't happen.

Here is my propsed penelty if a man gets a woman(s) pregnet after a rape.
-A normal jail time plus 5 to 10 months more
-Can not get married again
-Placed on the sex offender list
-Pay a woman(s) all money lost due to they pregnecy plus $20,000

I know you say that "money won't fix emotional pains" and "what if the raper doesn't have any money?" My response to that is the man is a convicted felen and shouldn't do it, so it is his problem if he doesn't have money, he needs to pay her. Also, you liberals(I'm assuming you are one due to your stance on the issues) think that money does solve everything. For example: a person gets into a car accident. They don't get a scratch on them, but they'll sue for millions of dollars(that is a whole nother issue).

Sorry for being late, I've been busy.
Retrospace18

Con

Retrospace18 forfeited this round.
righty10294

Pro

Hello Retrospace18

Since you didn't post your argument, mine will be short.

First, in your argument you said that you think I don't know anything about child bearing, well your wrong. I know enough that a child or offspring isn't formed until the sperm cell fertilizes the egg cell. You need to find your facts.

Second, is about girls of young age getting abortions. I'm saying that that is the parents fault for not paying enough attemtion to their kids. THey need to be more into the kid's lives, finding out who their daughter is hanging around and what is she doing.

Please continue to debate.
Retrospace18

Con

Retrospace18 forfeited this round.
Posted by Stashu18 9 years ago
Stashu18
ok i feel your ignorance in the subject alone righty was the reason retro won this he showed alot of knowledge about the subject while you went on assumptions not proving anything but simply making claims so i believe in his one entry retro easily won this one
Posted by Retrospace 9 years ago
Retrospace
I'm sure Righty would like to know why i left this debate. And i apologize for doing so.

And just to clear things up, i left the site, as in cancelled my account. Mostly because the limited people that were on the site at the time, simply voted based on what they believed. Not who won the debate. It was more or less a fight between beliefs, and not the better of the two debtors.

Now that alot more people have joined this site, I have came back.
Posted by audraxheartsxyou 9 years ago
audraxheartsxyou
That's not the same.

You'd have the right to talk about losing someone.
Posted by artC 9 years ago
artC
Well I happen to disagree. I've had friends die, but that doesn't make me fit to talk about what dying is like.
Posted by audraxheartsxyou 9 years ago
audraxheartsxyou
Thanks but i have had friends that have had them.

Therefore, i think im pretty fit.
Posted by artC 9 years ago
artC
That is true, it just means he has very incomplete knowledge of it. And isn't fit to make an argument since he lacks information that shape a persons opinion properly.

You aren't exactly fit to make a good argument either. Go to your senior prom and then let me know how you feel about abortion.
Posted by audraxheartsxyou 9 years ago
audraxheartsxyou
artC..
i wasn't saying he was correct.

i was just stating that just because he's young doesn't mean that he has no knowledge of it.
Posted by PreacherFred 9 years ago
PreacherFred
If presenting a supporting fact is a technicality, so be it. I was just presenting a point. Nothing personal, my friend.
Posted by artC 9 years ago
artC
So what you are basing your belief on is a technicality.
Posted by PreacherFred 9 years ago
PreacherFred
My comments had nothing to do with my belief in deity. They reflect on the fact that while the AMA may have altered its position on abortion, it never retracted the fact that the AMA believes that human life starts at he moment of conception.
Vote Placed by Topaet 4 months ago
Topaet
righty10294Retrospace18Tied
Vote Placed by 2Sense 1 year ago
2Sense
righty10294Retrospace18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had the better arguments
Vote Placed by SchinkBR 1 year ago
SchinkBR
righty10294Retrospace18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Despite my Pro-Life views I must admit, Con had a good opening round debate-wise. However he forfeited the second and third rounds so by default I'm giving all points to Pro.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
righty10294Retrospace18Tied
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
righty10294Retrospace18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.
Vote Placed by TK57 2 years ago
TK57
righty10294Retrospace18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con gave 0 good reasons
Vote Placed by NiamC 3 years ago
NiamC
righty10294Retrospace18Tied
Vote Placed by Lt.Harris 3 years ago
Lt.Harris
righty10294Retrospace18Tied
Reasons for voting decision:
Vote Placed by saxman 3 years ago
saxman
righty10294Retrospace18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: many of the cons arguments were irrelevant.
Vote Placed by The_Tom 3 years ago
The_Tom
righty10294Retrospace18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Incredible, con only used one round, yet he made a more convincing argument than pro. Con's spelling, and conduct was atrocious.