its.chandler
FieryChar7

Abortion should be stopped

its.chandler

Con

I believe that abortion should be stopped!
Some may say that abortion isn't killing a child because it it is not living yet. A question that pops in my mind is, what is a cell? The definition of a cell is the smallest living unit of life; a single cell can be living all on its own. Therefore when the child is forming in the mother's womb it begins with a single living cell, meaning weather the baby is a cell or not, it is living.
Some may ask, if abortion isn't the murder of a child what is it? I read an article on why abortion isn't murder and it told me it's not because the fetus is attached to the mother; if the mother dies the baby dies. The fetus may be attached to the mother, but it is still its own person. Why do I say that? For example, say there is a twin, and its other half, instead of being separate it is attached to the other twin. What would people say about this? Now they aren't going to say that they are one person, they are going to tell them that they are two different people. The same goes with the fetus and the mother. Sure the fetus is attached to its mom, but it is its own person, therefore it has rights. I believe that abortion shouldn't have ever came to be and that it needs to end now!
FieryChar7

Pro

I'm sorry, I accidentally hit accept on your debate. I thought you were arguing against stopping abortion. So, admin please help ;(
its.chandler

Con

I am! I think that abortion is wrong and that it needs to be stopped
FieryChar7

Pro

But since you picked "con", that means you are saying 'No' to stopping abortion
its.chandler

Con

oh dude, sorry. Despite my mistake, are u for or against abortion
FieryChar7

Pro

FieryChar7 forfeited this round.
its.chandler

Con

My partner has forfeited making this debate come to an end. Vote Con!
FieryChar7

Pro

FieryChar7 forfeited this round.
its.chandler

Con

Vote Con!
FieryChar7

Pro

FieryChar7 forfeited this round.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: CAHAL101// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited this debate so all votes go to Con but con did put good grammar and i agree with her from the very begging and again all votes go to Con

[*Reason for removal*] This is an odd situation, since the debater in question debated on the wrong side of the topic, and the other debater forfeited all but two rounds where he is pretty clearly confused about what's going on. Still, as this isn't a full forfeit debate, if the voter wishes to award points based on the forfeit, they can certainly do so, but the voter has to do more to just state that one side forfeited and they agree with the other side, especially as you're awarding all 7 points without explanation for any of them.
************************************************************************
Posted by Elias_is_the_llama 1 year ago
Elias_is_the_llama
I'd just like to put in my two cents and say that i'd rather die than live with parents that don't want me or can't take care of me.
Posted by its.chandler 1 year ago
its.chandler
Thanks! Haha
Posted by Debater12345678910 1 year ago
Debater12345678910
Abortion Should stop I support the atheist
Posted by Heirio 1 year ago
Heirio
You said that a fetus can feel pain at 24 weeks?
According to the NHS, that is the point where abortions become illegal in the UK.
Abortions carried out after that point are due to a few factors:

"if it's necessary to save the woman's life
to prevent grave permanent injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman
if there is substantial risk that the child would be born with serious physical or mental disabilities"

According to another site, 24 weeks is ALSO the drop off point for the USA.

I should not have used a simple definition, so I retract that (it was inaccurate).
Posted by Heirio 1 year ago
Heirio
""A fetus at 28 weeks is human"
As you said, he/she is human, so killing the fetus is murder. correct?"

I like that you ignored the latter part of my comment.

""but it is not fully formed"
Who gives a crap if its fully formed or not, you said yourself, its human."

Yeah, not a fully formed human.

"Did you know that a fetus at 24 weeks can feel pain? so your telling me that a fetus with a heartbeat and can feel pain isn't human?"

Nice strawman m9.
Posted by its.chandler 1 year ago
its.chandler
"A fetus at 28 weeks is human"
As you said, he/she is human, so killing the fetus is murder. correct?
"but it is not fully formed"
Who gives a crap if its fully formed or not, you said yourself, its human.
Did you know that a fetus at 24 weeks can feel pain? so your telling me that a fetus with a heartbeat and can feel pain isn't human?
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
Abortion is merely a symptom of a greater problem.
Posted by Heirio 1 year ago
Heirio
"Sure the fetus is attached to its mom, but it is its own person, therefore it has rights"

A clump of cells =/= a person.

"if abortion isn't the murder of a child what is it?"

The definition of abortion:
the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks.

The definition of murder:
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

A fetus in the first 28 weeks is human, true, but it is not fully formed.
Moreover, I'm assuming you're talking about places where abortion is legal (hence your want to stop it). Since it is legal, it is not unlawful, therefore it is not murder.