bli4
wjmelements

Abortion should be women's choice

wjmelements

bli4

Pro

I support that abortion should just be the choice of women.
First of all.There should be some limits:1.women who have been pregnant for 3 months shouldn't be allowed to have abortion.
2.the frequency to have abortion should be limited.
As we all know.Sometimes pregnancy happens accidently.Many women are too young to bring up babies.Some women are still in school.They don't have enough time to work to earn money.And the most important is that they are immature and they don't know how to bring up babies and they can't distinguish from bad or good. So actually, it's not the right time to let them educate their babies.As the official report, the percentage of pregnant women in America increases 45% among unmarried women.It's definitely a large percentage. Based on this amazing data, many women choose to do abortion because of their situation.So,in my opinion,just care more about these women.And give them rights to decide their babies lives, they're not preapared.So it's not the righest time.And also give them rights to go on their own lives.On the other hand,the agreement of the abortion should be signed by the physical father and mother together.Even though babies have rights to be alive in our world, if their parents really want to give them up.We can conclude that the babies won't be as happy as other children.Abortion is not reasonable,however,we just need to address the importance of contraceptive method when people have sex. This will be more reasonable and let the women have the rights please.
wjmelements

Con

My opponent has negated her own resolution:

By stating that women who have been pregnant over 3 months should not have the choice of having an abortion, my opponent is arguing that there are cases in which abortion should not be women's choice. Her argument has an inward contradiction.
This also applies to her second condition, in that government should limit frequency. If this followed, then there are cases in which women should not have the choice of abortion. Again, this contradicts her own case.

Another problem with her arguments is that they do not follow:
1. Pregnancy can be accidental.
2. Women of this age cannot distinguish between good and bad.
3. Therefore, they should be able to decide to end their own pregnancy.
To the contrary, if one is arguing that such individuals are not cognitive enough to distinguish right and wrong, then they should most certainly not be given full liberty as to the decision of marriage.

My opponent's case is filled with logical inconsistencies and therefore you must negate.

Now, for a short NEG case.
In case of precognitive pregnancy, the abortion choice should be given to the parents, who still own their pregnant daughter and will end up funding this new baby should it live (because the pregnant daughter is most likely also unemployed and/or financially dependent.

So, abortion should not always be the pregnant woman's choice. Thank you.
bli4

Pro

The two conditions are not related to my topic.I said that women should have the choice to have abortion iff they won't be eliminated by the limits.As we all know that having abortion with pregnancy over 3 months or too many times do harm to women seriously.So definitely,I will not recommend that.All of my argumentation is based on people who don't qualify these conditions.
The opponent said that the contrary case like if individuals are not cognitive enough to distinguish right and wrong,then they should most certainly not be given full liberty as to the decision of maarrige.
My opinion wiil be like this.Because they can't get married,they are not cognitive.So what if the baby is born.What will the baby experience?Where's the family?It's definitely not a good situation.
Because they are not cognitive enough,they should decide immediately to give the baby up.They can't afford that and they really don't have the ability to educate the baby.
And think about another case,if the mother has cancer,and with pregnancy,she can't have some specific medicine,there will be a collective agreement that she should have abortion.And some sickness will even inherit to the baby.In this case,the abortion decision should depend on the woman.
So,abortion should be women's choice unless not many abortion history and less than 3 months pregnancy.
Thanks
wjmelements

Con

My opponent has claimed that those conditions are part of the resolution. I will accept that as an irrelevancy. The resolution is still negated on my counter-arguments.

My opponent contends that an incognitive girl (not capable of distinguishing right or wrong) should always decide to get rid of the child and therefore the choice should be given to her. However, this is absurd; there are plenty of 12 year-old pro-life girls that would not do such a thing and therefore this refutation is entirely false. Even further, the child would probably not be able to weight financial costs as my opponent assumes.
The guardian of the child is much mroe cognitive and capable of making the abortion decision. The guardian is also financially independent. Ethically and legally, the pregnant girl is still the property of the guardian and therefore does not have the right to make her own decisions without the warrant of the guardian

My opponent also mentions a situation that is irrelevant to the negation I have mentioned.

So, let's review:
-12 year-olds can not make responsible decisions.
-My opponent has conceded this.
-Guardians can make more informed decisions than 12 year-olds.
-Guardians generally have a greater cognitive ability than 12 year-olds.
So:
-Not all women should be able to make decisions over their own body.
bli4

Pro

12 year-old child is a very special case.But girls who are pregnant are mostly university students.Actually a part of are still in high school.So,many parents definitely exist on university campus.Some of them can afford to raise children because they can find a part-time job somewhere.But some just feel presure.They get a lot of study work and tests.And they will also have to take care of the children and work to earn money.I agree that guardians to make the decision for incognitive children.But I still address that women should have the freedom to make decision on abortions or not.Abortion is not allowed in America.However,as I said.Most people do feel stressful.It's too mean to pay for this mistake for a whole life.And it influence the baby,too.
Actually,you are not against makeing abortion be a choice.My purpose of this argumentation is to make abortion be allowed in America.So based on this,from ur words.If the guadian agree their children to have abortion,so it's allowed to have abortion.Thanks
wjmelements

Con

My opponent is trying to change the resolution to "Abortion should be legal". This can not be allowed, as it was not the debate I agreed to and it certainly wasn't the topic earlier.

"Abortion is not allowed in America."
False. http://uspolitics.about.com...

"I agree that guardians to make [sic] the decision for incognitive children"
Let it be known that my opponent has conceded that precognitive individuals should not have final say in abortions in their own body (thus, the resolution is negated by counterexample). The debate is over. Vote CON.
bli4

Pro

bli4 forfeited this round.
wjmelements

Con

Unfortunately, my opponent has forfeited a round. Extend my arguments through Round 4.
bli4

Pro

bli4 forfeited this round.
wjmelements

Con

Unfortunately, my opponent has forfeited another round.

Vote CON. The resolution is negated by a conceded counterexample.
Posted by desiflavour 7 years ago
desiflavour
Exactly cody.
Btw, this topic seemed rather interesting as a debate....too bad it didn't live up.
Posted by Cody_Franklin 7 years ago
Cody_Franklin
If one doesn't intend a risk of pregnancy, not having sex would be a pretty good choice. I think it's strange how people like to think that their actions don't carry consequences.
Posted by Lifeisgood 7 years ago
Lifeisgood
Well done, Wjm. +1
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
I am rooting for wjmelements. He has the strongest argument
Vote Placed by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
bli4wjmelementsTied
Vote Placed by Marauder 7 years ago
Marauder
bli4wjmelementsTied
Vote Placed by Lifeisgood 7 years ago
Lifeisgood
bli4wjmelementsTied
Vote Placed by wonderwoman 7 years ago
wonderwoman
bli4wjmelementsTied
Vote Placed by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
bli4wjmelementsTied