bulls26
KiwiJudas

Abortion should not be legal

KiwiJudas

bulls26

Pro

I understand that this topic is used so often but this will be my first debate, the ground rules are as follows
1. I will argue that abortion should not be legal
2. No videos may be posted
Good luck to who accepts!
Round 1: acceptance
Round 2: Argument
Round 3: Rebuttal
Round 4 Rebuttal
Round 5: Closing Arguments ( No new Information)
KiwiJudas

Con

Hello I will accept this debate. I accept all the rules and regulations. My opponent seemed to fail to give the definitions so I will do so.

Definitions:

Abortion - The deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy.

My opponent goes against Abortion being legal therefore we can conclude he/she wishes it was illegal. Therefore I will define the following.

Illegal - Contrary to or forbidden by law.

Thank you and good luck.
bulls26

Pro

The idea of abortion has been at the front and center of American politics and it is hard to believe that you actually would be ok with a pregnant women killing her embroyo or fetus because she would be unable to raise the baby and that her mistake of having unprotected sex should be forgotten so she can continue with her life. Even if the women was raped it is foolish to kill another because she was a victim of rape. Is it justified for the people who were tricked by Bernie Madoff to kill someone. I think not. There is nothing wrong with putting the newborn into an orphanage? It is incredulous to believe that you would rather take a life away so an irresponsible woman or a troubled rapist can continue with there life; meanwhile the innocent baby cannot even start there own life. Beethoven was one of the greatest composers of all time. He had three siblings that were deaf, two who were blind and one sibling that was mentally retarded. Most people would have told his mother that was infected with syphillis that she probably would have been better off with an abortion. But she then would have killed one of the greatest composers of all time. How many other greats to be have we killed? At least 46 million last year and probably another 46 million this year. This lies on the irresponsible actions of the parents. Abortion is not birth control. Abortion is not a backup plan. Abortion is immoral, murder and even detrimental to our society socially and intellectually. If you had the right to live why should every other embroyo and fetus
KiwiJudas

Con

Thanks to pro for presenting his case, I will present mines now.

My opponent's entire case was about him explaining how it is wrong to end the life of a fetus. How it is murder and it is incredibly stupidity with me agreeing with Abortion. His entire case was based upon his morals. Now let's revise a little bit on the topic of "murdering" a fetus.

Murder: The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being to another.

I start my case with the following statement how can abortion's be called murder? From what I know fetus are not considered humans since the Roe Vs. Wade case in 1973. Fetus have no rights because they are pre-born meaning they are not citizens of the United States therefore they have no legal rights. I also conclude with this that Abortion can not be called murder since the mother isn't killing a human being. I can also conclude that it isn't murder because it isn't illegal and in the definition of the word Murder it states, the unlawful killing.

My opponent states and I quote "Even if the women was raped it is foolish to kill another because she was a victim of rape?" It is foolish? I will tell you this the rape victims which end up pregnant are 4.7% in the U.S. annually, that's 32,000 victims. I will tell you this when you're raped I am sure the women never wants to see the face of the monster that raped her nor never want to remember that situation. Why is it so wrong to have an abortion? She is leaving that dark past behind her and moving forward with her life. Why is it there are so many people like my opponent that can not respect the right that was given to her by "God" as many would like to point out? Why is it people do not like to respect the freedom of choice that every human being has? It is time to forget about the future of fetus and worry about the future of the kids already living in this country.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

My opponent in his case present's the case of Beethoven. I will make this simple, what makes us believe that a fetus will turn up to be a Beethoven or the next Bernie Madoff? We can't so this case in my view point strictly has no value. He says how many other Beethoven's have we "killed?" I tell him how many Bernie Madoff have we "killed?"

I finish rebutting my opponent's case by telling him this, we have millions of kid in hunger struggling in school. Let's take care of them first.

Contention I.

I will make it fast and simple, since 1973 fetus are not considered humans therefore are not considered citizens and that concludes to the fact that they have no rights. Now on the other hand women are citizens of the United States and do have rights which they claim to. Therefore we as citizens as well should respect the rights of others and their PERSONAL choices.

I will let the reader's and my opponent read the stories of these women that went through the procedure's of Abortion and now have no regret what so ever and still know that they made the correct decision. There is a saying I've heard my entire life and that saying is "Mother is not the one that gives birth, but the one who raises the child." Many women are not prepared to take on the job of a mother, because it is extremely hard and they don't want to ruin their life because there not ready. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that I respect more a women who has an Abortion then one who has the child and abandons him ten days later.

http://www.fwhc.org...

I will finish with this quote by Hillary Clinton "I've met thousands, and thousands, of people pro-choice never have I met one pro-abortion." We are not pro-abortion but we are pro-choice because women have their freedom of choice and we are no one to come between that.

Thank You and vote Con.
bulls26

Pro

Thank you to my opponent for presenting his case and I now will move on to the third round of five which is the round of rebuttals.

You can dance around the fact that abortion it is not unlawful while murder is as much as you want but the fact is that there a pregnant women thoughtfully killing another human being. And yes I understand the fetus does not have human rights but all humans do have the right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." By killing a fetus they receive none of three that are included in the Declaration of Independence. Given this was not written in the context of abortion but it was written with thought of a more powerful being (the king) making decisions that can alter the lives of other beings(The colonists). An unborn baby should have just as much rights as someone who is born already. The minute that baby is conceived it is alive. God never says once that an unborn child is anything less than a human
being.

My opponent also says "Why is it people do not like to respect the freedom of choice that every human being has" the reason is quite simple because it is a decision that could have been easily avoided by making the right choice by having protected sex which roughly 45 million people did not do. This all results in the taking of 40 million lives per year. The number of irresponsible woman is insane and this shouldn't warrant a right to kill.

In my opponent's rebuttal he states that 32,000 rape victims become pregnant which roughly comes out to 32,000 fetuses. Which we can now do the math and see that 45,968,000 fetuses are killed a year for reasons caused by irresponsible actions.

Also my opponent states that the raped women "never wants to see the face of the monster that raped her nor never want to remember that situation. Why is it so wrong to have an abortion?" Rights or no rights the fetus is being killed because of a sick-minded criminal on this earth. That is outrageous. Women should do the right thing and let the innocent baby live but if this won't happen the law should mandate that women must keep the baby and can put it up for adoption the day it is born. In the event of a new law I would support compensation for the victim of the rape. I don't care if the pregnant women is ready to be a mother because there are plenty of "prepared" women in this country who would take the baby after it is born. That is heads and tails BETTER than KILLING the baby. With this being said there is no reason a fetus should have their life taken away.
Vote PRO

KiwiJudas

Con

Thanks to con, now let's move on to my rebuttal.

Rebuttal:

If my opponent took the proper time to read throughly through my case he would see, that according to the law of the United States a fetus is not considered a human being since 1973. Therefore my opponent's first sentence in his rebuttal is incorrect. The same goes for his little speech about every human deserving "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." The thing about rights is that believe it or not they will be violated and It's up to It's citizens to claim them. This is a big truth as to why the Supreme Court decided that fetus can't possibly be considered humans nor citizen's since they can not claim their rights. And before my opponent goes ahead and states "but a five year old can't state their rights, does that mean he isn't a citizen of the U.S.A?" I answer this It's up to his mother to claim it for him, also to be clear the definition of mother is the following.

Mother - a women in relation to a child or children to whom she has given birth.

There are situations where a mother becomes the legal parent of a child when adoption is processed. I will also be clear that in the situation where a mother doesn't respond to her child's rights if the authorities find out they will make sure that kid receives his rights. What is my point? Only after a child is born within the United States only then do they receive their inalienable rights such as life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I tell this to my opponent why should a fetus have just as much rights as someone who is born already? He hasn't made this clear to me.

My opponent is not understanding when I say this, not everyone will agree with his morals. He keeps on stating what is right and wrong. I will make this example, to some people it is totally correct for someone to be killed when he kills, yet some people believe that no matter how many people you may kill, we should never repay you with death. What he believes is wrong can be totally acceptable to another person. Also who is my opponent or anyone else in that matter to demand anyone to have protected sex? It is recommended but it is the decision or CHOICE of the person.

I will end up rebutting my opponent's case with these final statements. This is a democratic country let me give him the definition.

Democracy - a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state.

Meaning every single person in this country has a say and has rights. So why should we deprive someone rights, to accommodate someone else's morals? We are not depriving pro-life citizens of their rights yet we're depriving pro-choice of theirs I finish with this we all have the freedom of CHOICE wether is correct or wrong, wether the consequences will be correct or incorrect we all have the freedom of CHOICE.
bulls26

Pro

Checkmate for the con. Nice job
KiwiJudas

Con

My opponent states "Checkmate for the con. Nice job" I will take that statement as if he was either persuaded by my cases or he gave up. Either way I believe the debate ends here thanks to Pro for the wonderful debate and it was a great one.

Obviously Vote Con
bulls26

Pro

Con wins by default
KiwiJudas

Con

Thanks to the opponent for the great debate.

My opponent made it clear who won this debate, vote pro thank you.
Posted by Ore_Ele 3 years ago
Ore_Ele
Are you arguing against all forms of abortion?
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 3 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
bulls26KiwiJudasTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conceded.
Vote Placed by tvellalott 3 years ago
tvellalott
bulls26KiwiJudasTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro got pwn'd.
Vote Placed by OMGJustinBieber 3 years ago
OMGJustinBieber
bulls26KiwiJudasTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded.