Abortion. Right Or Wrong?

I am personally against abortion; however I am pro-choice. I think it's wrong to take away someone else's right's just so someone else won't be offended. It's not my business if someone wants to kill their unborn child or not. I will never have an abortion and even if it was considered I would always choose adoption. I would love to debate this with someone who is completely against it and thinks that no one should get one.

*This doesn't include the serious health reasons*

I would first like to point out the hypocrisy in your statement. I may be wrong about this, so please clarify. You state that abortion is the killing of a child, yet you say you are pro-choice. Do you think that it is okay to kill a child, as long as one person gives consent (in this case the mother)? According to this logic, the killing of anyone is 'alright', and not your problem.

I will try and make it a bit clearer. What I mean is I personally think it's wrong to have an abortion but if someone else want's one it shouldn't be illegal.

I apologize; I should've been more clearer from the start.

Thanks for clarifying, now time to actually debate.

You state that abortion is wrong/immoral because it is the killing of a child, so I have no need to prove that in this debate. However, you state that it should still be legal, and still be a choice. I disagree with this, and thus I will start my argument from here.

Time for definitions (though their rather obvious):

: the whole system or set of rules made by the government of a town, state, country, etc.

: a particular kind of law

: a rule made by the government of a town, state, country, etc.

Fine. And what is the purpose of the law? There are many, but one is to protect our human rights.
Refer to these links as proof:

One of our rights is the right to life. You acknowledge abortion as killing a child, a violation of human rights. Thus, how can we legalize something that attacks the very thing the law is supposed to protect?

Good point! Living is our right and abortion isn't protected under that. However it depends on the state weather or not an unborn child is a living person or the unborn fetus isn't a person until it's born. Even then it counteracts the womens right to have one or not. It's a continued circle of rights that are being infringed upon so the real question should be where does it end and who's rights should be taken away?

I agree that abortion is a cycle between the unborn's rights and the mother's right. However, one must look to see what is of greater value; someone's life or someone's choice (usually motivated by job opportunity, college, time, etc.). While these reasons are understandable, they are by no means justifiable to the killing of an unborn.

I don't think the state should decide whether the fetus is 'person'. In fact, the fetus is not protected because the fetus has not yet been born, and thus is not a citizen. It's not a matter of whether or not the fetus is alive, or is a 'person' (science has proven that), but about being a citizen of the United States. This is absurd of coarse, because why is the fact that the baby is in the mother or outside change whether killing it is legal or not? I simply do understand.
Posted by Kinryu 1 year ago
*do not understand. My bad.
Posted by 11ksawyer 1 year ago
What bugs me the most is that a lot of women who "get around" and don't use condoms and get pregnant have abortions and then do it all over again. Get pregnant then abortion and on and on. Abortion to me is wrong anyways because taking someone else life just because the women see's fit doesn't make sense. There is another way to not have a baby and that would be adoption. Babies don't choose their parent's but parent's even though they don't realize it choose their kids. How is that fair? I hope this answers your question.
Posted by james14 1 year ago

Why do you think Abortion is wrong? I'm curious.

I think it's wrong to take away someone's life just so a woman can have an easier career.