killerbunny
16kadams

Abortion...Is it right? wrong? or does it depend?

16kadams

killerbunny

Pro

I say abortion is right depending on the circumstances. I say abortion should be used but people shouldnt be frivolous with it. If the mother of the child is a teen or is a person who does drugs then yes it should be used.But if it is adults who just dont want kids they should do adoption and next time use both types of protection(birth control and condoms) Also why i am for abortion is because the embryo cannot feel pain therefore making it harmless. Abortion is a huge debate.I am for it!
16kadams

Con

Now, I am arguing abortion is [usually] wrong, even in cases of rape, except when the woman's life is in danger.

"If the mother of the child is a teen or is a person who does drugs then yes it should be used."

Why? Just give it to adoption.

"Also why i am for abortion is because the embryo cannot feel pain therefore making it harmless. "

Pain =/= morality. And they feel pain at 8weeks. [1. http://www.abortionfacts.com...]

--> A fetus is a human. A fetus has all qualities of life. [2. http://www.christiananswers.net...] It is a rational being except at a different stage of development, abortion is "wrong".

Resolution negated
killerbunny

Pro

killerbunny forfeited this round.
16kadams

Con

Extend point
killerbunny

Pro

First off abortion is and hould be the mothers choice.If she doesnt want any kids then she shouldnt have sex. Say the woman got raped...would you want a baby of your rapist? Giving up a child for adoption is harder than it looks. Some children dont get adopted.I myself could never put a child up for adoption.Women dont want adoption to be there ONLY option if they dont want to keep the baby.What harm has abortion done?Name 3 things abortion has done that changes everything? All abortion does is make it easier for women.
16kadams

Con

All of my opponent’s points are assertions. Her second one is “what about rape?” Abortion is giving the death penalty to an innocent life, which did not cause the pain. Many accounts of those raped say they regret the choice. It makes the pain worse and they wish they went to adoption. [1. http://www.boundless.org...] In my former debates I show data where nearly 100% of kids get adopted, and the rest are re-taken by their parents. Abortion has killed 40 million lives, raised murder rates 7% (Lott and whitley 2001, Lott 2007, Lott and Whitley 2007), and has risen breast cancer rates amongst women. Breast cancer stat: [2. http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com...]

Out of room.

killerbunny

Pro

Well another reasons why abortion is right is because women's rights.Women should get to control their own bodies and reproductive lives.If you take away abortion then thats taking away rights. Besides women need abortion....you said the murder rate went up well guess what....women are gonna die if you take away abortion...When women have unwanted pregnancys they will do what it takes to stop it even if that means unsafe illegal abortion. According to the World Health Organization, 78,000 women around the world die from unsafe abortions every year.Thats just because they are too poor to afford an abortion.
Imagine if you took it away from the people who could afford it.The rate would go up even higher therefore abortion is good for women.
16kadams

Con

A woman can only control what they own, and a fetus is not their body, its illegal to own people. As my opponent dropped my human analysis, she concedes a fetus is a human and, therefore, a woman has no right to kill what isn't hers. Pro makes a fatal mistake. US estimates by the CDC show less then 100 woman die a year from "illegal" abortions prior to Roe. In other words, 1960s medical care is all that's needed to prevent these tragedies. And my opponent must prove legalizing abortion lowers that number. Studies are inconclusive at best, and there is some evidence it increases the backstreet rate (meaning more death) http://tiny.cc...

Lott 2007 shows the crime costs of abortion hurt the poor, and therefore you hurt the poor not help.
killerbunny

Pro

"she concedes a fetus is a human and, therefore, a woman has no right to kill what isn't hers." Well tell me who does ths child belong to? I dont mean OWN... no one owns anyone.Im just saying this woman would be the legal guardian of the child therefore making the child hers and her partners.I still say it should be the mothers choice.There is no reason to take it away it really isnt doing any harm right now. Here is proof abortion is not a bad thing.Abortion is safer for the mother then giving birth. What if the mother has Aids and doesnt wanna give it to her baby?Abortion controls overpopulation.Abortion prevents infanticide.Abortion prevents a rape survivor from further trauma & abortion prevents severely malformed babies from suffering.
16kadams

Con

My opponents first point is highly flawed. She has conceded a fetus is a human, her response? The woman is the legal gurdian. This is highly illogical, as this argues parents have the right to murder their children. My opponent put herself in the corner for this one. At debate.org, making new argunments last round is poor conduct and the new argunments are condidered irrelevant, so I will only argue the ones brought up previously. She argues abortion helps these victims, however I showed studies show abortion makes the pain worse. The rest are new points deemed irrelevant by DDO common practice. My opponent conceded this:

1. Conceded a fetus is a human (and therefore murder)
2. Conceded it increased crime
3. conceded fetuses feel pain

CON wins
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 5 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
killerbunny16kadamsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments were clearly superior, he had sources, and Pro forfeited.
Vote Placed by lannan13 5 years ago
lannan13
killerbunny16kadamsTied
Vote Placed by famer 5 years ago
famer
killerbunny16kadamsTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF and most of CON's arguments were left conceded.
Vote Placed by Clash 5 years ago
Clash
killerbunny16kadamsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Con because Pro forfeited her second round. Arguments goes to Con because he nicely refuted all of Pro's flawed arguments. Moreover, Pro didn't respond to most of Con's arguments.
Vote Placed by MouthWash 5 years ago
MouthWash
killerbunny16kadamsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con never stood a chance. The abortionist did an excellent job dismantling his arguments and cleanly refuted everything he said. I hope I never have to debate her. /endsarcasm