carriead20
Ramos-7

Abortion.

carriead20

Pro

RULES: DO NOT FORFEIT. You may argue this round but you must post no argument as agreed upon if you do other wise you forfeit the debate.

Other than that good luck and may the best debator win.
Ramos-7

Con

So what justification do you have for supporting abortion?
carriead20

Pro

If you read my profile you will see that I am a married man. I have 2 beautiful daughters. My wife is an ex-soldier, now picture this. My wife gets deployed into active duty and goes over seas. While doing her country proud she gets captured. She then gets raped by one of her captors and becomes pregnant. Do you think that either one of us could ever look at that child with love or happiness?

Abortion is not murder as long as it is while the "child" is still a fetus. If a woman does not want to have a baby and accidentaly gets pregnant what will happen to that child? It will live its life between homes because more than likely it will be put up for adoption. The mother would not be prepared for a baby and would have to give up her baby.

I also see that my opponet has no oppinion on prostution. Well picture this a prostitute gets pregnant. She can barely take care of herself let alone a child so what will happen? A life between homes for that child.

This argument reminds us that even in the abortion debate, we should regard the woman as a person and not just as a container for the fetus. We should therefore give great consideration to her rights and needs as well as those of the unborn.

Thank You for you time.

I look forward to seeing my opponents debates.
Ramos-7

Con

Abortion basically is the act of terminating the life of a developing fetus/embryo/baby. http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Anyone who says abortion is murder, in reality is using the word incorrectly depending on where they live and what they believe. If they were to say that according to Biblical doctrine, then yes it is murder, but if it is in California where the state legalizes the act and the person does not believe in God, then no it is not murder according to them.
But you are essentially ending 1 or more lives (depending on how many twins are in the womb). If that were to happen to your wife, you might feel disgusted with the child and hearing the news of that tragic event and want it dead to dispose of the developing fetus, but that is still a precious life. I wouldn"t want to be in the position of the baby (life or death) just because of what happened to my mother. Yes rape is awful, but we need to not remain regretful on the past and focus on the present and future. If my mom was raped and didn"t want me due to flashbacks of the day she was brutally raped, I would rather not cause her emotional pain and be left in an orphanage. If the child knew the benefits from living life and the parts about life that make us hate it, the child might want to live or choose death for the mom"s sake but since its brain is not that developed it cannot hope to do that or comprehend that until years later. What"s wrong with registering the child for adoption? At least he/she gets to live and not be killed without it"s consent. There"s no reason to kill it especially when it has not done any physical harm to your body. If a prostitute got herself pregnant, why didn"t she use protection if she didn"t want to endure the possibility of getting pregnant & having a fetus in her womb? Because it was her fault for getting pregnant in the first place, she should not kill the child just to essentially "dump the responsibility" if she was merciful she would go with giving birth and register the child for adoption and/or leave it in an orphanage rather taking the child"s life for no reason at all. Though this is considered to be rare, but if the mother"s life is threatened, though I am against abortion, I am also pro-choice. The state nor anyone has the right to take away the rights of another individual, and since the baby is apart of the mom"s body until birth, its her call. But if there is a way to prevent ANYONE from dying, even risky, its better to preserve life through risk than subjectively choose who you believe is more important because ALL life is important. This is my stance on abortion.
Posted by DraftyBasilisk 2 years ago
DraftyBasilisk
When I get my voting privileges, I will be voting for Pro. Not only because I am for abortion, but I also because I disagree with key arguments that Con has made.

For example, Con insensitively states that the prostitute is fully to blame for her pregnancy. Without taking into account the FACT that even using every safety method known to man, it is still possible for women to get pregnant. Not every women who gets pregnant accidently is an idiotic slut (as they are so often categorised as). Pro is right in his point that people against abortion focus so much on the idea that a fetus is human, they forget that the mother who has everything to lose is also human.
Posted by Ramos-7 2 years ago
Ramos-7
wtf? People are voting against me due to misunderstanding things like the definition of words and carriead20's argument which was more of asking questions and proposing ideas to get a response from me in order to further the discussion, wow...
Worst of all, the 2 guys who claimed I was wrong (one about the definition of life) and the other about carriead20 mentioning rape (which he did, 9spaceking is either partially blind, biased, misunderstood both of our arguments and/or forgot it was mentioned while analyzing the debate.

To Putt-Putt : "Webster Dictionary counters itself" How? "The definition of life from webs tees dictionary is defined as the point between life and death of an organism." There are more than 5 definitions of "life", you only stated one and in my argument for abortion, I stated that it was the act of terminating the life of an embryo/fetus/baby and presented my evidence for the definition afterwards. I never defined life nor made the attempt to in my argument, so your claim that my "use of the Webster Dictionary counters itself" is faulty.
Posted by Ramos-7 2 years ago
Ramos-7
To 9spaceking : "con goes off a random rant tangent about rape and concludes with an argument against his case about how women have rights to their body...supporting abortion. Pro noted how abortion isn't murder. Since I can't read con's big paragraph and its ending ruins his argument, pro wins."

Did you not read carried20's argument? He basically asks me to picture his wife getting raped and asks what I would think of such a situation which is why I mention it in my response, that was not off topic. Abortion pretty much is to execute the medical procedure of ending the life of a developing fetus/baby. I am against abortion but am pro-choice as well as life. You can be pro choice & life, but what I do not believe is forcing another human being AGAINST their will. All life is precious, nobody deserves to die just because you dislike them, you don't want to be responsible for them and/or they're considered a problem to you. And the child whether I like it or not is apart of the woman's body, so if she made herself get a miscarriage or wants an abortion, there's nothing I can really do other than dissuade her from terminating the pregnancy without taking away the woman's right to her own body. carried20 noted how abortion isn't murder but that was to prevent any confusion which I didn't have because murder by definition is the unlawful killing of another human being and for that to be murder or not depends on what you believe in religiously and/or socially according to what country you live in. http://www.merriam-webster.com...
How do you not understand my position? Are you used to people being only one or the other and not a hybrid of both like me?
Posted by carriead20 2 years ago
carriead20
24 hours, yes, 10,000, and yes you can.
Posted by Ramos-7 2 years ago
Ramos-7
Questions: 1) How long do I have to post an argument after accepting the challenge?
2) You're pro-abortion right?
3)How many characters are allowed for the argument?
4) May I post my argument 2nd round and skip the 1st?
Vote Placed by Atheist-Independent 2 years ago
Atheist-Independent
carriead20Ramos-7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments were solely opinionated and I simply cannot understand how anyone could grant them any argument points unless they are clearly biased towards anti-abortion. Pro's arguments too were quasi-opinion based, however a real life example defeats opinions in all situations. Sources points to Con due to Pro's lack of sources.
Vote Placed by Hanspete 2 years ago
Hanspete
carriead20Ramos-7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Over-all no errors, not rude only con provided a source. So that's it.
Vote Placed by Mr.Lincoln 2 years ago
Mr.Lincoln
carriead20Ramos-7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This is a hard one, but I am leaning towards con sides
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
carriead20Ramos-7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pros arguments were horrible.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
carriead20Ramos-7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con goes off a random rant tangent about rape and concludes with an argument against his case about how women have rights to their body...supporting abortion. Pro noted how abortion isn't murder. Since I can't read con's big paragraph and its ending ruins his argument, pro wins.