SlobberChops
truthseeker613

Abortion

truthseeker613

SlobberChops

Con

Yo, dude. Saw you were Jewish, but were undecided on abortion. Me, I've heard jews were supposed to be god-fearing folk. I mean, I don't now much about them; I don't see them out here in the backwoods of Wyoming. But, don't god-fearing folk of all religions oppose abortion?

Me, darn right I'm against it. Pathetic murderers! Who's fault is it that a women is pregnant with a human life in the first place. Of course, there is the exceptional case that she was raped. But, common on, now-a-days that's no excuse. There are plenty of drugs that will stop pregnancy afterwords.

And in the highly unlikely event that she wanted to but couldn't take the drug - well hey man, life ain't fair! Join the army, work a farm - life can be hard. (But mighty satisfying at the same time:))

Furthermore, there are adoption agencies out there! But, for god's sake, why would you support murdering the child? And don't tell me it has no conscious feelings - yes, that might be true very early on, but even then - do you support killing a grown man with down-syndrome?

And those sick, twisted doctors. Do you truly feel it's OK for them to execute the child? Not only that, but they are pushing to pass this awful law: that a nurse who doesn't agree to take part in the abortion when needed, should be fired! Not satified with their own hell, they are trying to force others to be murders like them. May god have mercy on their souls, though I don't really think they deserve it.

So, please enlighten me, what do you see as unclear about the child abuse and murder issue (a.k.a. abortion), that a supposedly god fearing man like yourself should be undecided??
truthseeker613

Pro

To clarify my stance, regarding a jewish woman abortion of any kind is forbidden, unless a competent orthodox rabbinic athority rules that under specific cercimstances its okay. The only cicumstance I know of is if the mothers life is at risk bec. of the fetus or the child birth. I am not shore with regard to a non jew if the prohibition applies to a fetus.

Now before You get the wrong Idea of what I believe let me clarify, I am useing the word abortion literaly.
The following is a quote from wikipidia:
"Abortion is technically defined as the termination of pregnancy by the removal or expulsion from the uterus of a fetus or embryo before fetal viability; however, the term may be defined more broadly to include any termination of pregnancy before birth.[disputed �€" discuss][note 1] An abortion can occur spontaneously, in which case it is usually called a miscarriage, or it can be purposely induced. The term abortion most commonly refers to the induced abortion of a human rather than non-human pregnancy."

It seems you were useing a different definition bec. you said pills are okay. That being said I don't think there is much of a debate.

In my opinion the fetus should not be killed by any one without reason. reason may be rape major medical issues ect.

It is in a case where there is reason for the abortion, that I am undecided.

There is a major factor which is at what point in the pregnancy, it is.

So being that abortion includes the erliest parts of pregnancies, I am undesided. It seems this is the point that you missed.

Gotta define your terms man.

sorry for lack of spelling and organization. I am in a rush and just wanted to clarify this misconception
SlobberChops

Con

Spelling, spelling, spelling... ;)

That aside, I think the following two point are very pertinent:
  1. You responded that 'you said pills are okay'. I would of thought it obvious from the context that I was refering to the so called 'morning-after-pills'. Clearly the next day or so there is as yet no more than a tiny glob of cells, at the very most.
  2. You accuse me of being unclear and reading to much into your concept of abortion. Well, if you would read the issue on which you voted 'undecide' (http://www.debate.org...), we may gain some clarity. Aside from from the first few 'politcally correct' lines, it seems pretty clear that the issue at hand is women who wish to terminate the living child for various reasons of 'it's to hard for me'. I really don't think life being hard is a reason for murder. Do you disagree?

Anyways, it behooves one not to be, as you stated, 'literal', in situtations where the meaning is interperted as something more general by those who with whom you are communicating. I would even argue, that, as this is not a math problem, language means what people interpert it to mean. Not the 'literal' dry meaning that may be stated in the dictionary, rather the meaning taken from context, tone, and usage. But, I suppose that is not the issue at hand.

If you are in agreement with my stance on abortion, please state so. If not, please outline clearly and distinctly what you feel we differ on, and why.
truthseeker613

Pro

Note I wrote undesided not one way or the other bec. abortion is such a vauge term without specifying what point and for what reasons I thought the safest thing to do would write undesided.

BTW This is not even a debate, as you did not write a resolution this should be a message or somthing.
SlobberChops

Con

Ah, well, I suppose this isn't going to go anywhere.

It seems to me blatantly obvious that you are ignoring my points.

You just responded 'BTW This is not even a debate, as you did not write a resolution this should be a message or somthing'.

You make me wish I never started.

Did I not clearly state in Round 1: 'So, please enlighten me, what do you see as unclear about the child abuse and murder issue (a.k.a. abortion), that a supposedly god fearing man like yourself should be undecided??' The resolution obviously would be to show that it is reasonable for such as you to remain undecided, as opposed to my stance of decided.

The same goes for Round 2: 'If you are in agreement with my stance on abortion, please state so. If not, please outline clearly and distinctly what you feel we differ on, and why.' Clearly I wish to dispute the stance of 'undecided', dito the resolution stated in the preceding paragraph.

Heaven's above, please spare me: What do you mean by 'Note I wrote undesided not one way or the other bec. abortion is such a vauge term without specifying what point and for what reasons I thought the safest thing to do would write undesided.'? I would of thought I clarified this in Round 2!

Do you respond undecided to all concepts who's meaning is not-%100 ironclad defined?! I imagine you never say to your friend 'I am going to the store.' 'Cause of course, you might be hit by a meteor. Inconcievable that a statement is interperted from the context and usage, isn't it?

Do wish to tell me you are undecided about thievery being OK? I mean, thievery 'literally' includes stealing a drug that will save your life, from those who kidnapped you. Murder includes killing the guy who is trying to kill you. But obviously that is not what is meant when one asks 'Murder is awful and wrong, isn't it?'

As I stated in Round 2: 'Anyways, it behooves one not to be, as you stated, 'literal', in situtations where the meaning is interperted as something more general by those who with whom you are communicating.' I believe this is how the world works.

So I invite comments by viewers to help determine: Am I unreasonable in my interpertation of a vote of 'undecided' on the issue of abortion, as presented in this forum (see Round 2 for link)? Was it an unreasonable basis for my challenge?
truthseeker613

Pro

well newb welcome to ddo. I suggest you read some debates get some exprience than we'll debate.

What is unclear about abortion is point in pregnancy and reason, thats all.

No it is not analogus to your enalagies bec. thier extream. As opposed to abortion which almost every case has some sort of reasons of which thier is an infinit spectrum. point of pregnancy is also a huge spectrume vague questions get vague ans. so here is my ans. to your question.

late abortion without good reason is wrong. what is late what is a good reason I don't know. hope I've clarified myself If youde like to discus this when I have time to spell and be coherent, I'll be available in about 2 months.

P.s. I get the felling this is a prank but whatever.
Posted by shift4101 5 years ago
shift4101
I liked this. It felt more as if a conversation evolved into a small term debate. Very peaceful.
Posted by Tim_Spin 5 years ago
Tim_Spin
da fvck?
Posted by 000ike 5 years ago
000ike
Am I the only one who stopped reading after the first sentence from Con?
Vote Placed by curious18 5 years ago
curious18
SlobberChopstruthseeker613Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con challenged someone without really giving an explination of what they were actually challenging. Sure, Pro could have figured out what was implied, but you can't be so vague that your opponent has to make total assumptions.
Vote Placed by randolph7 5 years ago
randolph7
SlobberChopstruthseeker613Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Very well done. This has got to be by far the most compelling debate on this site. Con's fallacious arguments become fellatious at the end and well can't have that now.
Vote Placed by Cerebral_Narcissist 5 years ago
Cerebral_Narcissist
SlobberChopstruthseeker613Tied
Reasons for voting decision: No debate appears to have taken place.