questionmark
kara

Abortion

questionmark

Con

Ok, to start off, abortion will be defined as any unborn child still completely in the womb of a pregnant woman. There will be no semantics, we know what we are saying, no word games.

I will start off by saying that abortion is, plain and simple, murder. It is killing an unborn person. Even though he/she (for purposes of the argument, he) isn't born yet, he will be. He is going to develop, and eventually grow up into a person with rights. He should therefore have the same rights you or I would have. For instance, the right to live.

I eagerly await my opponents debate.
kara

Pro

Sometimes if you don't get abortion than the child may turn out retarded. Maybe a teenager isn't ready for a kid and is pregnant,maybe she wants the best for him/her. The mother may not want to put I up for adoption and have it suffer from foster home to foster home. I know if you were retarded and had trouble with things and could not understand anything you would want to be killed before kids start to make fun of you.

Thank you for this challenging debate.
questionmark

Con

questionmark forfeited this round.
kara

Pro

kara forfeited this round.
questionmark

Con

questionmark forfeited this round.
kara

Pro

kara forfeited this round.
questionmark

Con

I am extremely sorry, for having missed the other arguments, I was unable to access internet for a time. I apologize.
So if someone is retarded, they should die? Sorry, but that hardly seems fair. I see what you are saying about the adoption, but not all foster children are kept in the basement and fed bread crusts and water once a day. There are plenty of good foster homes as well. I don't know if I would be affected by being retarded, but you're right, I wouldn't enjoy being made fun of-but I would take that over no life any day of the week. The kid/fetus/whatever the politically correct term is is a human being and has rights too. The only time I would see an abortion as good in any capacity is if it will kill the mother, it was born of rape/molestation/etc., or if it will be born in a vegetated state and basically not be alive anyways.
I apologize again for not being present for the debate, and thank you for accepting this debate.
kara

Pro

I have found another debate site and I do nto have time for this low detailed im sorry to my opponent for not putting up a good fight but I am quiting this site and will not be on to debate.I will however be on to check my old debates and see if the site has improved i wish my opponent the best of luck on this site.
Posted by anikiforouk 7 years ago
anikiforouk
so true, novices, the only reason i ll vote pro is because i m for abortion my self an di m bored right now
Posted by questionmark 7 years ago
questionmark
thank you josh!
Posted by josh_42 8 years ago
josh_42
I never liked the mentally-disabled reason. One relative of mine, even with with down-syndrome, works at as a freaken computer programer! just because people are disadvantaged, doesnt mean they shouldn't be given a chance.
Posted by I-am-a-panda 8 years ago
I-am-a-panda
*Yawns* rookie debate