williamcarter
BrandonSiler2044

Abortion

BrandonSiler2044

williamcarter

Pro

About 205 million pregnancies occur each year worldwide. Over a third are unintended and about a fifth end in induced abortion. Most abortions result from unintended pregnancies. An abortion is medically referred to as a therapeutic abortion when it is performed to save the life of the pregnant woman; prevent harm to the woman's physical or mental health; terminate a pregnancy where indications are that the child will have a significantly increased chance of premature morbidity or mortality or be otherwise disabled; or to selective reduce the number of fetuses to lessen health risks associated with multiple pregnancy.
Also a spontaneous abortion, is just a miscarriage.

An abortion(just abortion) is referred to as an elective or voluntary abortion when it is performed at the request of the woman for non-medical reasons. I am Christian and understand this conflict, but if God intended the fetus to be born then it would still be alive. Adoption is great, but you just shouldn't be controlling another woman's choices, or even her body. It wasn't you who decided to have the sex with your spouse, and it was most definitely not you/spouse's egg/sperm that produced that fetus.

BrandonSiler2044

Con

I am debating under the assumption that you believe a fetus is not human.

I agree with with all your statements, unless the fetus is human. If the fetus is a human, then we do not have the right to kill it.

Now shall we look at the differences between a fetus and a 2 year old human?

1) Level of Dependency
2) Size
3)Level of Development
4)Location

1 .(Level of Dependency) Just because a fetus depends on its mother doesn't make it any less human than a 2 year old. Certain kids with disabilities depend on a trace in their throat to live, we don't deny there right to life.

2. (Size) Someone who is 2 feet tall is no less of a human than someone who is 5 feet tall.

3. (Level of Development) A fetus isn't as developed as a 2 year old. Nor is a 2 year as far developed as a 10 year old. High development doesn't make people any more human than someone who is less developed.

4. (Location) Where someone is doesn't determine whether they are human or not. I am no less human in my bed than I am at school.

Your argument s that people should have the right to do what they want with their body. I agree! Go out and have all the sex you want! But actions have consequences! And just because you have the freedom to do things does not mean you can just take away the consequences. If you have a child, you cannot deny their right to life.

I Just told you my argument on why a fetus is a human. If you can disprove that, then you win.
williamcarter

Pro

All our choices have consequences, yes they do. Hey that's have every women who is raped and can have the baby, forced to go through pain just like being raped and have her give birth to an innocent baby, who is the son/girl of her reaper. A fetus is the young of an animal in the womb or egg, especially in the later stages of development when the body structures are in the recognizable form of its kind, in humans after the end of the second month of gestation. What's a human being, the ability to reason, to understand and reproduce compassion. In addition, a human being is someone in some way can contribute positively to the planet no matter what their station or condition is. Guess what that most likely will cause stress, which hey means she needed to have an induced abortion. Remember our first round?
BrandonSiler2044

Con

Your argument is saying that a man shouldn't have to go through pain if she was raped.

Then why should the baby have to go through pain when NOTHING happened to it?

Secondly, where is your definition of a human come from? You said this "What's a human being, the ability to reason, to understand and reproduce compassion"
Your argument is silly. A baby just born out of the womb cannot reason, nor can it even talk!! Who are you to tell me that they can't understand and reproduce compassion? You don't know that.

A child in a coma cannot understand compassion? Do we deny their right to life?

Again, level of development doesn't make less developed people any less human than more developed people.

I told you the difference between a fetus and a two year old boy and showed you how their differences do not make one any less human than the other.
williamcarter

Pro

My second part of this was interrupted because of a little problem that's happening right now in my house. I was just writing ideas when it came up, my apologies.

You are right, but I don't understand why it should be illegal. Hey, if she wants to put it up for adoption or not it's her choice. Maybe the only way to solve this is, having elective/voluntary abortions illegal, the woman puts the baby up for adoption, and then she gets health care money something for giving birth to another human being who might help the world.
BrandonSiler2044

Con

The reason it should be illegal is because the constitution allows the government to protect peoples right to life! If a fetus is a human then it should have the right to life! You never disproved and told me how a fetus wasn't a human.

How did healthcare get into this argument? It was about abortion. Please stay on topic.
I rest my case.
Posted by williamcarter 5 years ago
williamcarter
I screwed up in the end I will return next weekend with a better argument and will go against another person and have a rematch with this here BrandonSiler.
Posted by Prez_Siler 5 years ago
Prez_Siler
Con had such a convincing argument that Pro coneeded to his point in the end. I would vote Con if I could
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
williamcarterBrandonSiler2044Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Brandon won. it's as simple as that.
Vote Placed by jewgirl 5 years ago
jewgirl
williamcarterBrandonSiler2044Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had a very good presentation. Pro failed to adequitly respond to cons points that a fetus is no different then a human.
Vote Placed by wiploc 5 years ago
wiploc
williamcarterBrandonSiler2044Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro: you shouldn't control women's choice. Con: We control women's choice to kill humans. Fetuses are humans. Pro: No, humans this list of characteristics. Con: Wrong, neonates don't have those characteristics. By your logic, murdering babies would be okay. Pro: You are right. Maybe elective abortions should be illegal I'm on Pro's side, but Con did such a good job that Pro effectively conceded.
Vote Placed by smileydodge 5 years ago
smileydodge
williamcarterBrandonSiler2044Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I believe that abortion should not be legal. I have casted my vote. :)
Vote Placed by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
williamcarterBrandonSiler2044Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had one sound argument when he compared a fetus to a two year old, and there are differences between them that the Con failed to address.... the rights of the women to chose and the right of the child to live caused a stalemate in that argument. Pro's final argument implied that there may be some cases where abortion could be justified that the Con also did not answer