kstepinac
valcarcelm

Abortion

kstepinac

Pro

There are many reasons why abortion is necessary in today's society. So many girls are growing up so fast. They are doing drugs, drinking, and having sex starting in middle school. The statistics are constantly showing that the rate of teenage pregnancies is still rather high. Yes, it is immaturity on a young girl's part. However, that does not mean we should ultimately force her to have a child. If a young girl isn't ready to have a child, then why should she be not given the option of termination. To bring a child into this world into the hands of a child still growing themselves is just wrong. It slows down the progression of the young girl's life. She will struggle to find support for her child as she tries to continue to attend school. It is no easy life to be a mother at any age between 13 and 18 years old. It is very difficult. Many girls are forced to drop out of school because they can't afford a babysitter and their parents aren't going to up and quit their jobs just so that the baby will have a round-the-clock sitter. Having a child so young takes away from a girl's social life, education, and growth. They are made to grow up even faster then they already have been. I believe that people deserve a second chance to try and fix the mistakes they have made. Terminating a pregnancy, I feel, is one of those things. It is a decision that everyone should, personally, have the right to do. I do believe there should be a cap on the age a girl is allowed to receive an abortion, but I don't believe that there should be a ban against them. I believe that the age to receive an abortion should be 14 and above and I believe if a girl is under 17 they should have the consent of a parent to go through with the procedure. It is in a young girl's best interest to allow her mother to know what's going on with her. I don't believe it should just be a total secret. I think they have every right to know, especially because the procedure has it's risks like any other. The last thing anyone wants is a liability issue.
valcarcelm

Con

Abortion is wrong in so many ways. As you stated, many girls are starting to have sexual intercourse in middle school. However, no one is forcing the girl to have a child. It was her mistake that she didn't make sure he had a condom on. All mistakes have their consequences and unfortunately this is one mistake both mother and father, no matter what age, have to deal with. To abort a child just because it is unwanted is unmoral and a health risk.
Think of a baby in your stomach with your hair, fingernails, and a beating heart. Abortion is like murder of your own child. We don't consider it a human because we can't physically see it, feel it, or hear it; but their is a little person in there. There are choices teenagers have so they don't have to raise the child on their own. They can have someone adopt the child after it is born. I have seen many people whose extended family members adopted the child and raised them as their own. So no mother between 13 to 18 have to raise that child but can watch them grow up.
There are also health risk acquired with getting an abortion. There is a chance that if the young girl is too young can become sterile and never have children again. However, if they have the child her cycle throughout her life will never change.
If they choose to go pro-life. The mother won't have to deal with guilt or any health risk that can potentially ruin her chance of having a baby in the future with a man she may love. I do believe people deserve a second chance, but terminating a life so you could start over is just immoral.
kstepinac

Pro

kstepinac forfeited this round.
valcarcelm

Con

Please Post your argument on the next round. Thank you
kstepinac

Pro

kstepinac forfeited this round.
valcarcelm

Con

valcarcelm forfeited this round.
kstepinac

Pro

kstepinac forfeited this round.
valcarcelm

Con

valcarcelm forfeited this round.
kstepinac

Pro

kstepinac forfeited this round.
valcarcelm

Con

valcarcelm forfeited this round.
Posted by hunnydew 4 years ago
hunnydew
The con makes since. my cousin had sex and got pregenet about 6 years ago. she wonted an abortion before people noticed, But some people notecd. friend finding out that you not only got pegnet but you killed a life that you crated, that is worse than just being pegnet. without my parents saying No! we will raise the kid. she gave berth to a baby boy we named Giovanni.
Little Gio would not be living a happy life in Auburn, AL. if she made a selfish mistake by throwing away Gio in a medical disposal bag, just so you can think you have better social life. And act like nothing happened.