jscutaro
justinegiani

Abortion

jscutaro

jscutaro

Con

In my opinion, abortion is morally and ethically wrong, and should be illegal except in the case of extenuating circumstances, (explained later). Abortion being legal only teaches our society that rather then dealing with an accident or mistake, you can simply give some money to a doctor in order to "fix" the problem. Sure, there are arguments based on the fact that a fetus is not technically a human being yet, and that by aborting it, we are not denying its natural rights to life. But in all honesty, who are we to judge that. Sex, birth, and life are all natural processes, and the more we tamper with them, the worse the consequences will be. I feel that abortion simply makes people lazier. Rather then taking responsibility for what they have done, they'd rather deny a potential human being its right to life, because they do not want the responsibility of taking care of him/her.
justinegiani

Pro

I believe a child deserves the right to the opportunities, shelter, love and support in order to be a happy, nurturing and successful member of society. I believe that a child should only be brought into this world if such needs are able to be met. Although, I can understand one's argument against abortion I fully believe that raising a child in unsuitable conditions can result in a child that suffers from an unfulfilling childhood and bring those problems into adolescence. I believe that a child can be exposed these unsuitable conditions when a pregnancy was either unplanned or unwanted. For the sole benefit of the child, I believe everyone deserves the right to choose abortion because a child should only be brought into this world if they have the rights to a free, loving and supportive life.
jscutaro

Con

I understand what you are saying, however, I feel the best benefit that we may give a child is life itself. There are plenty of people who have grown up in poor conditions and made something of themselves. Abortion is wrong because it never even gives the child a chance. And even if the parents say there doing it so the child wont have to grow up with parents who aren't ready, in all honesty, they are most likely doing it for selfish reasons. Whether you are ready or not, you got pregnant, so that is the time to grow up and deal with it. Me personally, I feel that having a child by mistake would make me want to be an even better father. No matter what the conditions are that he/she will be brought up in, I'm sure they will find their place in the world. In the case of extenuating circumstances, for example, a child who will be born with down syndrome, or other conditions that would seriously inhibit their quality of life, then I feel that abortion is justified. However, if the only worry of the parents is that the child will be raised in unsuitable conditions, then it is not. We, as adults, have an obligation to ensure that the child does grow up in suitable conditions, rather then denying its right to life all together.
justinegiani

Pro

Although there are some people who can grow from poor to successful, there are many more who have devastating and long-lasting consequences that bring them to a depressed adolescence and adulthood. Children who are not given there 5 psychological needs can bring feelings of regret, sorrow, sadness, and depression throughout there life. I do not believe a child should be brought into this world unless they can receive the absolute best upbringing possible.
jscutaro

Con

True, but it is not our choice to decide who lives and who dies, and especially not who never even has a chance to live. We cannot see into the future, therefore we cannot know what kind of life that child will have, we just have to hope for the best. Everyone knows that life is not easy, and abortion doesn't mean we are "saving" these potential children from it. I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say "don't have sex before marriage," because that is no longer the norm. However, if you are going to have sex before marriage, you should know, accept, and be aware of the potential consequences. I feel that the possibility of abortion causes people to make even worse decisions, because its basically telling our society that "any problem can be fixed with money." You had sex and you get pregnant, but luckily for you, you don't have to deal with it. Instead, you can just pay a doctor to "take care" of it.
justinegiani

Pro

This issue is not about the potential parent, it is about the child that had no choice in their making. If someone was to have an abortion, I believe that person was making the right decision for themselves but also for there child. If a person has too many doubts about having a child then I do not believe they deserve too; furthermore, I do not believe the child deserves a parent that is not prepared mentally, physically and financially to bring up this child with everything they need. My belief of "Pro-Choice" is because I am an advocate for children because that child does not have a choice.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
jscutarojustinegianiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's argument is flawed, as most people would rather exist than die. Pro saying that the child would want to be aborted is flawed. Con's argument that "We, as adults, have an obligation to ensure that the child does grow up in suitable conditions, rather then denying its right to life all together." is true.
Vote Placed by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
jscutarojustinegianiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's welfare-of-the-child argument is compelling.