Dik_Dawg
gulnarK

Abortion

Dik_Dawg

Pro

I would like to put forward my ideas for AND against abortion. The opponent can then refute any arguements made, or improve them. They are also encouraged to introduce new points. First Round Acceptance!!!
gulnarK

Con

Hi! I accept your topic and your rules. So you can give your ideas, I will wait!
Dik_Dawg

Pro

This should be fun :)
The legalisation of abortion has been a big issue worldwide for a long period of time, not only politically but also on social and religious fronts. Abortion can be defined, as by the Merriam-Webster Dictionary as the termination of a pregnancy resulting in the death of the embryo or fetus. The reasons for and against are both numerous and persuasive.
The first reason that deems that abortion should be illegal is due to the fact that abortion is considered immoral. Considering that life begins as soon as the fetus is created, the killing of a fetus could be considered the killing of a human. In this way abortion is similar to murder. If it is immoral to kill a human, how could it be considered acceptable to terminate a fetus? No civilized society allows one human to intentionally take the life of another human freely, and according to the aforementioned definition, abortion should not be different.
Abortion also goes against the Hippocratic Oath. The Hippocratic Oath is historically taken by doctors and nurses that swear to practice medicine ethically. One of the lines in the classic Hippocratic Oath states that ‘I will give no deadly medicine to any one if asked, nor suggest any such counsel; and similarly I will not give a woman a pessary to cause an abortion'. This clearly states that abortion goes against the ethics of medicine and medicinal science.
Another reason that abortion should be illegal is due to the fact that there is no such thing as an unwanted child. One of the main reasons for abortion is that the parents are unable to keep the child. However, the genetic parents do not necessarily need to keep the child, but they could rather put the child up for adoption. This option is preferable to killing a human being. Is adoption not a better way of dealing with the issue?
Abortion can also lead to medical problems in later life. 10% of women that go through with abortion have immediate complications. This does not include those that have other medical problems later in life due to abortion. These medical issues include, but are certainly not limited to, cervical, ovarian and liver cancers, uterine perforation, cervical laceration, placenta previa, complications with future births, handicapped newborns, eptopic pregnancy, pelvic inflammatory disease and lower general health. The risk is intensified for multiple abortions.
Despite all the compelling reasons against the legalisation of abortion there are several reasons that abortion is positive. Firstly, on many occasions the parents are unfit or unable to take care of the baby. The reasons for this could be due to several factors, including religious, moral or financial complication. If a woman does become pregnant, it is extremely likely to be an accidental birth, in which a contraceptive has failed, bad planning or due to rape. In any of these scenarios abortion is often the only option.
One of the main reasons against abortion is that the killing of a fetus is considered murder, akin to the killing of another human being. However, there is a difference between the concept of personhood and the concept of human life. Almost all abortions take place in very early stages of pregnancy. In these early phases, the fetus can not live outside the mother's womb. In this case, can the fetus be classified as a separate being? The question is up to the mother to decide, and what she wishes to do with the child. Once again, the classification, or definition of what is considered human depends on the individual and their beliefs.
Another reason for abortion is the complications of how pregnancy, and a child, would affect a young person's life. If forced to continue with the birth of the child, the prospects for the parents would be rather grim. They would be extremely likely to have to leave school, rely on society for raising their child, develop health problems, end up separating or have psychological problems like depression or anxiety. Abortion is often the only way that parents can avoid this bleak future.
One reason for the legalisation of abortion is that if abortion became illegal, it would lead to a lot of ‘backstreet' abortions. These abortions would cost a lot of money, be unsafe and unclean, and have generally negative effects on the mother. However, if abortion were to remain legal, then abortions can be carried out in safe and clean environments, where the prime concern is welfare rather than money.
Another reason that abortion should be legal is due to the fact that if the child would be born with defects, whether the deficiencies be physical, mental or a combination, it would lead to problems. Having a child with severe medical problems would not only be detrimental to the child but also to the mother and father. The parents may have problems against having a child with birth problems, not only in raising the child, but also due to how they feel, whether this is owing to social or religious demands. In this case abortion can be the only way to deal with the issue.
Approximately, there are 42 million abortions that happen every year. The amount that are justified is uncertain, and certainly depends on the individual's definition of the word. But the question remains, should abortion remain legal? What do you think? Personally I believe that abortion should have certain requirements that must be fulfilled before abortion is applicable to the mother. Some requirements may be if it was a forced pregnancy, if it was due to a contraceptive failing or if harm could come to the mother from the birth of the child. In this way, abortion would become less of a contraceptive or an easy way out, but more of a positive thing that would be extremely helpful to many people internationally.
Don't hate too hard
gulnarK

Con

Your arguments are very interesting and right on both sides. However, I have something to add. I want to say that all what I will add will be only my point of view, so I ask you do not judge strictly.

In my opinion, abortions should not be legal. I think that the most important argument to prevent abortions – is a state of the mother. Not only physical, but also psychological. I watched a lot of films, which showed abortion, and in every particular, stressed the fact that a woman after an abortion for a long time can not come to herself, she feels that it has lost an important part of his life, and sometimes it leads to suicide or serious problems with the psyche. I think it's awful, and every woman should think about their future happiness, which probably is connected with this child than not connected.

Also I would like to add to your argument my comments, and I will disprove some of them. Firstly, abortion is not a murder. I do not think abortion is murder because the fetus is not living by their life, it is part of the mother. Abortions kills part of women and she goes to it by herself, which leads to mental disorders, as I described above. However, doctors do indeed violate his oath, and it is indeed wrong. We can not trust ourselves and our lives to doctor who can not keep the oath, because then we do not believe that they have indeed treated as a promise. And the impact of abortion on the woman's physical condition is indeed very important, because girls can get pregnant again after an abortion and born desired child, who may be born disabled. And this is a very big problem.

By the arguments supporting the legalization of abortion, I also have a few comments.

Of course, there are many reasons for abortion and the abortion itself may be the only way out of situations .... However, we can avoid this situation!!! If a girl got pregnant by negligence on the guy, then they both should be responsible for it and not run and just have an abortion. My advice to these couples - no sex before marriage. This act shall be desired and the result must also be a desirable and legitimate. Also, this tip I want to give girls who are doing an abortion because of religion. All Saints books written that girls should not become pregnant before the wedding, so they would not show that all that disobeyed the religion of their ancestors, decide to have an abortion ... But it is better to follow the religion, and indeed move by the rules. And girls who do abortions because of the fact that get pregnant when they were raped, I would like to say that most of itself to blame. If the girl covered her body and do not tempt men, they would not have been raped.

Also I would like to refute one of the reasons for the legalization of abortion. "Another reason that abortion should be legal is due to the fact that if the child would be born with defects, whether the deficiencies be physical, mental or a combination, it would lead to problems. Having a child with severe medical problems would not only be detrimental to the child but also to the mother and father. The parents may have problems against having a child with birth problems, not only in raising the child, but also due to how they feel, whether this is owing to social or religious demands . In this case abortion can be the only way to deal with the issue. " No. Abortion in this situation is not an option. How can parents learn about the problems of the child before it is born? They do not. And more ... all the problems of infants and Children come from a parent or a doctor. There is a small chance that the doctors wrongly pull out the child, and indeed he may become invalid. However, most of the problems associated with their parents. If the parents often drink, smoke and take drugs, it is indeed the impact on the child. Or the frequent quarrels between them and the perpetual stress can ruin the health of the mother Rebecca, which is still in mother’s stomach.

Well ... I will finish by words that abortion is not something that should legalize abortion, and should be a last resort and think a million times before you water them for it.

Thanks for your arguments. I believe that my point of view not so bad))))

Posted by gulnarK 4 years ago
gulnarK
I am glad that I could help you! And thank you, too!
Posted by Dik_Dawg 4 years ago
Dik_Dawg
Thank you. I will take this all into consideration(it is to help with some high school homework, yr 9)