austingreco
DebaterAgent

Abortion

austingreco

Pro

Is it the government's role to regulate abortion?

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: position/opening arguements
Round 3: Rebuttle/new arguemnets
Round 4: closing
DebaterAgent

Con

I accept. Good luck and thanks for making this debate. I am against the government controlling abortion.
austingreco

Pro

The government does have the right to regulate and protect society from all enemies including ourselves. How can you argue life doesn"t begin at conception? It is the beginning of a pregnancy which will result in the birth of a child. When a mother chooses, for non-medical reasons, to abort a child, they are taking away that babies life and chance to live that life. To grow up, get married, have children of their own. The government should not allow the death of so many of our future children. It"s the same as saying, "Well he was just born and doesn"t know anything yet, because the brain is still developing, so what the hell, I"ll just kill him and try and get another one without a birth defect or with a smarter father."
It is the government"s place to step in and stop the deaths of so many future children. I understand there are exceptions like rape victims or if there are complications to the mother"s health, but it is not okay for the government to stand by and watch the mass murder of millions of unborn babies every year.
DebaterAgent

Con

The government SHOULD NOT control abortion for the following reasons. First, health reasons may make it hard for the mother to make birth. Second, pregnancy happens accidentally. My last argument is a woman has the "fundamental right" to choose abortion.

Good luck to my opponent and I look forward to a great debate.
austingreco

Pro

austingreco forfeited this round.
DebaterAgent

Con

It is too bad that my opponent failed to write arguments within the time given. Since he didn't give me any arguments; I can't rebuttal any of his arguments. So then I will provide my own arguments. First, some mothers/women have health problems which may make it harder for the mother to make birth. Also even if the baby is born, there may be defects and the kids will have to suffer through those there whole life. A mother may choose to "save the baby" from pain. Second, Russia, where abortions continue to be the top birth control method, faces an opposite population problem. In just the first six months of 2008, deaths outnumbered live births by more than 250,000. Lastly, since the women is giving birth; not the government, it should be the womens "right" for abortion. Not the government's. Thank you.
austingreco

Pro

austingreco forfeited this round.
DebaterAgent

Con

So my opponent failed to post arguments again.... Wow...
Anyways I'm supposed do my closing statement.
So I believe that the government shouldn't control abortion because of health problems, population problems if abortion is controlled by the government, and it is the woman's "rights" for abortion.
Thank you for this "great" debate.
And I would especially like to thank the audience even though this debate was mostly ignored by my opponent.