GENPATTON10
Majducator

Abortion

GENPATTON10

GENPATTON10

Con

Now many of you, upon seeing my name in this column will assume I am taking away a woman's right to choose. Think of it as giving a child his or her's Right to Life back. 56 million babies have been aborted since roe v wade 40 years ago. That is a number Hitler would be proud of. We know we are on the wrong side of an issue when we've killed more babies than Hitler killed Jews. We have an American Genocide going on right beneath our noses, and I will do everything in my power to save the sacred life of an unborn child. When your child has been in the womb 22 days, they have the gift of life, a heart beat. Think of the days they have ahead of them, walking, playing and laughing. Who has the right to take away that life? Not a mother. If a pregnant woman is murdered, the suspect is indicted for a double murder, so the government does recognize that the child is alive. Our government endorses the American Genocide by funding Planned Parenthood, an organization founded by Margaret Sanger, a racist who wanted to destroy minorities through sterilization and abortion. Her goal is being achieved and it is a sad day when we have to tolerate these mass murders. You democrats may not realize it, but their is a higher authority than the federal government, and one day we have to answer to him, how do you explain to God letting 56 million children die?
Majducator

Pro

I voted as a pro on this topic because say the newborn is unhealthy and he might die right after being born. Would you rather abort the baby or cry when the baby dies of a disease. Also, say if you don't have time to teach the baby right from wrong and you would be in trouble when he/she gets suspended from school or gets expelled from school. So would you rather kill an unhealthy baby while you are still pregnant or will you grieve when he dies?
GENPATTON10

Con

I find it extremely unlikely that a parent would terminate their pregnancy, because their child is ill, rather than give their child a fighting chance in this world. If there is one thing that continually surprises me it is medicine. My sister was born with a whole in her heart, my parents did not give up, and she is now in perfect cardiac health. My uncle had life threatening cancer extremely close to his brain, but doctors peel it off and he is cancer free now, after being told he most might not beat the disease. My uncle lost both of his legs in Vietnam, yet he stands today. Medicine has advanced so far that a baby born 7 months premature can survive. Every child deserves a fighting chance, and our Declaration of Independence states, "All men are created equal" and you are created at conception. We must stand for what is right, and allow all men to be created equal in this nation. About 70% of all abortions are performed on minority patients. Liberals are all about defending minorities, and ensuring they have an equal shot, except they allow this genocide to go on, which is destroying the minority population. And only 3.3% of abortions are do to fetal health. The bulk of abortions happen for other cowardly reasons.
Majducator

Pro

Those were good stories, Instigator! I have two arguments and one rebuttal.

Arguments:
You have to consider abortion if you believe you are too young to be a mother. Usually, women are comfortable that they are young enough to be mothers when they are age 18. Some women think more, some women think less. Like about 2 years ago, I knew a 14-year old girl who was in the 8th grade. One thing she used to like to do is kiss other 8th grade boys and take them out to dates. Well one time, I saw her walking around with a few extra pounds than normal. I asked her "Where is the weight from?" She answered "Oh I'm 3 months pregnant!" I then asked her "Aren't you too young for a child?" She replied "Yeah. I'm considering abortion." Personally, I do not have any respect for women who choose abortion for no reason but I understood her position this time. Another story that I have is I once knew a child who was born to his mother when she was 13 years old. Well ever since he was in the 3rd grade, he has been getting into fights, writing graffiti, vandalizing property, he even got expelled from school for bringing a knife to school. But it wasn't just any knife, it was a MACHETE and he had intent to stab somebody! All of this was happening because his mother is too young for him, his mother took illegal drugs, smoked cigarettes, and got into too many bar fights. That is just a situation that you had to pick abortion!

Rebuttals:
The Declaration of Independence did state that all men are created equal and I support that. I have lots of White friends, Lots of African American friends, and many more raced friends. How about if it was an incurable disease like a rare case of Fetal Lung Cancer which is extremely rare but it happens. If your child had an incureable disease like Fetal Lung Cancer, would you rather watch your child not be able to breathe and eventually pass away or would you rather have the child start his/her journey west in your stomach which is abortion? If you aren't in the debate put a comment in the comment box stating life for no abortion or death for abortion!

Good Luck Con,
Majducator
GENPATTON10

Con

Again only 3% of Abortions are due to fetal health. 97% are for other reasons that have no basis. My sister was in college when she got pregnant and she dropped out and did everything she had to do to make my nephew's life wonderful. Her and her boyfriend have made a beautiful life for their son Connor. Her friend who was 20 also got pregnant and panicked, she aborted the child and had no regrets, or so she thought. She hates herself now for killing her child, and will probably have to go through therapy to recover. We have to start y educating women on the fatal choice they are about to make!
No the situation you gave does not qualify for abortion. It qualifies for a community or family getting together and helping raise that troubled boy. I am 15, and I help take care of my Nephew while my sister takes courses at a local college. My grandmother, mother, father, and aunt all help carry the weight. When more children in an inner city go to jail then a four year college, there are many problems. I don't see a solution as simply killing possible problems. I see education and law enforcement as a problem.How do you know what child is going to be a delinquent, and which child will cure cancer? You don't know, you have to profile mothers and that is what is happening. That is why 70% of abortions are attributed to minorities. We have to come together as a nation, and as a community to save every child. Every child deserves a fair shot. Charity, Community, and Medicine all will aid us in our fight for the right to life. We have to come together not as democrats or republicans, not as white and black, not as left and right, but as Humans. We must come together as Humans, and fight for every human, no matter how small. I will not rest until every fetal heartbeat is defended. How can America justify any of it's policies when children are massacred every year. Over 1 million babies re aborted every year. And even if we make exceptions, like fetal health, we can still stop unmerited abortions. I am glad we have had this talk,while we haven't changed policies we have put ideas out there and I hope restrictions can be placed on abortions so we can at least start to make a dent in the American Genocide.
Majducator

Pro

This is a pretty interesting and fun debate, No doubt about it! I only have two rebuttals.

Rebuttals:
- Like you said, every child does deserve a fighting chance at life but in some situations you just have to choose abortion! The kid that brought the machete to school once would not listen to anybody trying to help his behavioral issues! When a disciplinarian used to try to calm the kid down he would say " I am a good boy, I never get into trouble!" He would leave the room after that. This is one reason why I believe his parents or his community could have talked to him about it without having him freak out. But now he is getting into lots of trouble and he once went to prison and even they couldn't raise him! His mother should have picked abortion when this happened!

- Also, the man who killed 26 people from Sandy Hook Elementary School should have been aborted. There were rumors that he got into lots of trouble as a youth sort of like the boy from my other story. His favorite childhood game featured tons of weapons including guns and knives which made him adore weapons. His mother then took him to the shooting range to try out a gun and he kept the gun in his possession. On the cold December Friday during the year of 2012, he took the gun that he possessed, shot and killed his mother, went to Sandy Hook Elementary and shot 20 students and 6 adults before shooting and killing himself. This is another situation in which the mother should have picked abortion!

This was a good debate! I am not saying whether you should vote pro or con because that is the reader's choice! Thank you challenger for being a good sport during the whole debate!

Good Debate,
Majducator
Posted by Majducator 3 years ago
Majducator
Good debate!
Posted by Majducator 3 years ago
Majducator
Could I get any votes!
Posted by GENPATTON10 3 years ago
GENPATTON10
Thanks for your votes guys, i really appreciate the compliments
Posted by GENPATTON10 3 years ago
GENPATTON10
Yeah this argument was pretty good.
Posted by morgan2252 3 years ago
morgan2252
I'm considering casting a vote, but the only problem is, it won't award any points because both arguments are pretty even. I'd hate to vote and have it basically nonexistent...
Posted by morgan2252 3 years ago
morgan2252
"No the situation you gave does not qualify for abortion. It qualifies for a community or family getting together and helping raise that troubled boy."

Sorry, con, but as much as I respect your opinion, I'm going to have to turn this argument down.

The fact is, most women that want to have an abortion need it because it interferes with their career or their education. Either way, the end result is a woman in poverty because she cannot get a job. So, the child is raised in poverty as well.

Statistics show that those who are in poverty are more likely to devote their lives to crime than those raised in the upper or middle class. According to Jackson freepress.com,

" "Lower-class youth commit four times more violent crimes than middle-class youth.

"The total cost of crime in the U.S. is $2 trillion per year"$1.3 trillion comes from street crime and the remainder from economic crimes such as fraud.

"The victimization costs of street crime are approximately $700 billion per year.

"Poverty raises the cost of crime by at least $170 billion annually.

"Fifty-three percent of people in prison earned less than $10,000 per year before incarceration."

Thus, children who are meant to be aborted will most likely become a criminal or a burden to society.

For sources and more info and opinions on abortion, check out my debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by GENPATTON10 3 years ago
GENPATTON10
I enjoyed this debate, it was very interesting.
Posted by Avamys 3 years ago
Avamys
I like Pro's introduction.
Vote Placed by 1Devilsadvocate 3 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
GENPATTON10MajducatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made the argument that abortion is murder. Pro did not contest that assertion. ( Not only that, but he seemed to embrace it "So would you rather kill an unhealthy baby while you are still pregnant or will you grieve when he dies?") Non of the arguments made by pro were sufficient to justify murder.
Vote Placed by BigSky 3 years ago
BigSky
GENPATTON10MajducatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never made a rebuttal against con's point that only 3% of abortions are for a health related reason. While con's arguments were mostly philosophical, they were good points. You're a brave person con, God bless you.
Vote Placed by Skepsikyma 3 years ago
Skepsikyma
GENPATTON10MajducatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments were disjointed and often difficult to comprehend; I feel that this was mostly due to poor grammar and syntax. Con's points were better presented and, in the end, better defended.