Debate Rounds (3)
Abortion is not legalized in most of the countries all over the world. And it is fact.Actually, I believe that the abortion causes vexing problems to individual for several resons which will be mentioned below.
1. Societal or human health problems
2. Human rights questions
3. Judgement of the surrounders
That is why I am against it.
1) Rape cases. What happens when a woman is raped and as a result is impregnated. What happens when that woman happens to be a young girl who cannot afford to be saddled with the responsibility of a child. What happens when the said woman does not want a constant reminder of the trauma she went through. If abortion becomes illegal, then where would that woman go. Is it ethical to ask a woman, already battered by the hideous torture committed on her, to give birth to a child she doesn"t want? Adoption is a way out, but wouldn"t that just contribute to the mountain of guilt and grief already loaded on her?
2) Medical emergencies. Anybody who is remotely interested in world news, is aware of the case of Indian woman in new Zealand. She died as a result of a harmful pregnancy. And her death could have been avoided has she been allowed to undergo abortion. Such medical emergencies are found all over the world. What can a woman do in such cases? Pray for a miracle so that she survives it, and continue with the pregnancy?
3) Free will. Last but not the least. It"s a basic human right that he/she be allowed to take his/her life"s decision. Giving birth to a child and taking on its responsibility is a huge, huge decision. Especially when you are at an age where you are vulnerable, where you are still developing, or in cases of teenage pregnancy, where you are still a child yourself. Its not fair to impose such a big responsibility on any individual. People talk about human rights when criticizing abortion. Most often then not, they forget the fact the thing they are advocating the human rights for, is a fetus. Still in development. It doesn"t have goals and dreams left to accomplish. It cannot think for itself and take decisions.
1) You are giving as an example the girl/women whatever, who became the victom of the rape, and who is not going to leave the baby. Don't you think that she is acting a little egoistically? She merely can give life to the baby and leave him/her to parents or grants. Consequently, she can continue her work or study in school/university and then, when she will mature to the next stage of life, which is more responsible, she can take the baby and take care of him/her.
Also, in such cases like when she has not got parents or other relatives, she always can connect with the shelters, and they will happily receive the baby.
2) Everything that is happening, happening to the best. And you know that. Maybe that she died due to the pregnancy was her destiny? Nobody will know that. However, if she do the abortion, she could become barren, so she would loose the meaning of life, as the little babies are the happiness of every woman.
Though, that case, that you are saying about, is rare today, because medical technologies are improving day by day, likewise diminishing the number of the death among pregnant women. Also, the abortion cost is pretty high for the teenagers and other people of modest means, so becoming pregnant would be more safetier and more cost-effective.
3) The last argument is a little similar to the first one. As I said before, the teenager can get pregnant, give birth to a child, and then give him/her to her parents, while she will get her higher education and maybe even taking bachelor's degree. This, will lead to less critic and rumor than when she will make an abortion.
madoctopus forfeited this round.
Shynar forfeited this round.
madoctopus forfeited this round.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.