First Round - Acceptance
Second Round - Main Points
Third Round - Rebuttals
Fourth Round - Conclusions

I accept the debate.

I would like to thank you for accepting my debate. Now I would like to start off with a few main points

1) Abortion is a form of murder.

Abortion prevents a baby from having the right to live. What did the baby do to deserve to die? Just because they may be born with a disability of some sort is no reason to kill them. When you are conceived, the mother doesn't say "The fetus kicked", they say "The baby kicked". Although the baby cannot depend on itself to sustain life, it has every right to live. When the baby is in the womb, it is about to be born, to being its life. Killing a baby is wrong because it did nothing to deserve to die. Whether it will have problems in life or not are no reasons to prevent it from enjoying the value of life. Life is one of the greatest gifts of all, and that precious gift us not to be wasted.

2) Abortion is against the Hippocratic Oath

The Hippocratic Oath is what doctors take when they are being initiated. In one part of it, the oath states: "I shall not prescribe deadly medicine." The medicine that is prescribed during an abortion kills the baby, and is responsible for the death of the baby. If doctors are not allowed to prescribe deadly medicine, then abortion should be illegal.

3) Abortion causes risk of loss of fertility and other health risks

Women can receive infections from abortions from chemical substances inside of the medication. In some cases, the mother dies after having an abortion. Therefore, it not only kills the baby, but also increases the risk of the woman dying. In other instances, women have received long term infections and other symptoms including nausea, vomiting, bleeding, and fevers. Women can also suffer from even longer psychological problems after having an abortion. With this, abortions are dangerous for the baby and for the mother in cases of health.

4) Rather than having an abortion, you can put the child up for adoptions.

There are thousands of couples across the country (and world) that are unable to have children of their own. Many are waiting 5-10 years to adopt a child, and are loving and willing to raise a child. By satisfying your own desires, you will also satisfy those of the adopting couple who have always wanted a child.

5) The potential contributions to society that a child might make are eliminated

What would happen if Abe Lincoln, George Washington, or MLK's mothers had abortions? America would be under British rule, slavery would be legal, and African Americans would not have their Civil Rights. What if a baby that was aborted could have cured cancer. More lives would be saved by a cure for cancer, many more.

6) Abortion discards legal rights of the unborn

All are entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. When you have an abortion, that breaks the first right of those: life. If all have the right to life, then abortions can be considered against the laws.

I rest my case.

isaiah589 forfeited this round.

Ok, I should probably tell you that although I am pro-life, I possess almost every other liberal view (i.e. Pro Gun Control, Pro Welfare, Anti Death Penalty, Anti Torture, etc.) but I am also a Catholic. However, I am Pro Marriage Equality, I don't let my religion influence that political view. Anyway, read me previous arguments for you rebuttals.

isaiah589 forfeited this round.

Please just read my previous arguments for why Abortion is wrong. Please respond, unless I have convinced you that abortion is wrong . . .

isaiah589 forfeited this round.
Posted by travelman 3 years ago
So, isaiah589, why haven't you responded to my arguements?
Vote Placed by Kenneth_Stokes 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forefeit. Please vote on my debates.