Cluelesslyintelligent
Gingerbreadman

Abortion

Gingerbreadman

Cluelesslyintelligent

Con

Abortion is basically like committing murder. Why would you decide to have intercourse, and then have an "oops" moment when you find your pregnant? Isn't that what intercourse is for? Reproduction? Why should women get to irresponsible idiots, not using protection, and then decide to kill a baby? Especially when there are people out there who are dying just to have a baby of thier own? I think a women should not have the right to have an abortion. I think the women has the right to put it up for adoption.
Gingerbreadman

Pro

I would first like to thank my opponent for challenging me to this debate.

I had a similar debate, granted it was my first one and I was rather inexperienced. But, I feel as though I am better "equipped" now as it were to tackle the subject.

Now, I am going to work backwards with your opinion.

The last thing you said was that women should not have the choice to abort the baby or not?
What about the case of extreme deformity?
Granted every living thing should have the right to enjoy and experience life. And I believe it's horrible for people to choose to get rid of a child who not even has had the chance to take his or her first breath. But what if that child was unable to live his or her life independently or with some amount of assistance (In cases of permanent hospitalization) because of the that deformity? In which the child would live a meaningless existence Here's some examples:

Brain Dead Children
Mental Retardation to the point of hospitalization for life
Mutated and Abnormal arrangement of organs that cause extreme pain and difficulty

And what about in the case of rape? If a woman is impregnated with the child of her attacker and she is forced to raise the child on her own would that be right to tell her she has to raise the child of her attacker? Granted I don't like the idea of that you would be able to take the life of a child who had nothing to do with the horrid event that had taken place. But, that would not be our choice to make.

As for the fact as someone would have an "accident" (I apologize if that term is offensive) and end up pregnant after unprotected sex. That is an unacceptable reason for people to have an abortion and I'm glad we can agree on that. A life should never be taken because it inconveniences someone else's life. The people who choose to do so are by definition, murderers.

(murderer: someone who commits the act of homicide
Homicide: The unlawful killing of another living human)
Cluelesslyintelligent

Con

You brought up pretty good arguments and i agree with you completely...well almost completely. I don't think anyone should have a "Meaningless" life because they are brain damaged. They can still have a happy life even though they are a bit different.
Gingerbreadman

Pro

I should have been more specific when I said brain-dead. I meant as if you had no thoughts, no feelings, no motion. Just simply being there. Now, mental deformity and mental illness can be fixed or tolerated and people with those problems can still live happy, normal life. But it's only those who are merely existing, and nothing else, serve a meaningless existence.

Thank you for letting me debate this with you.
Posted by Gingerbreadman 3 years ago
Gingerbreadman
It's okay, Ive only participated in a few myself. But experience debating grows very quickly
Posted by Cluelesslyintelligent 3 years ago
Cluelesslyintelligent
LOL My first debate, so im not as experienced, please pardon me =)
Vote Placed by Ardenwa 3 years ago
Ardenwa
CluelesslyintelligentGingerbreadmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: This could've been done much better if there was no concession, and if there were more rounds. Disappointment overall.
Vote Placed by wiploc 3 years ago
wiploc
CluelesslyintelligentGingerbreadmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'd give Secondguy points for persuasion, since Firstguy conceded. I'd also give Secondguy points for S&G since Firstguy was awkward in that regard. But, since Jdog votebombed, and since his vote is the same as mine, I'll vote a tie to counter his votebomb.
Vote Placed by Diirez 3 years ago
Diirez
CluelesslyintelligentGingerbreadmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made multiple and compelling arguments where as Con esentially gave one argument and when it was refuted, caved in. Good job Gingerbreadman.
Vote Placed by TheSaint 3 years ago
TheSaint
CluelesslyintelligentGingerbreadmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter JDog, although I'm voting for Pro for sources since he had better arguments unlike con who essentially said he agreed and only attempt to remedy the concession was addressed...
Vote Placed by jdog2016 3 years ago
jdog2016
CluelesslyintelligentGingerbreadmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: I voted on this here debate!