rachp96
Duncan

Abortion

Duncan

rachp96

Con

Abortion should not be allowed because simply because it's a human being. Abortion is murder, no matter how old the foetus is. Murdering that foetus is like murdering someone you don't know.
Duncan

Pro

Ok, Rachael, (I'm guessing that's your name because I don't like addressing people as their usernames if I can help it) my argument will take a reply or two from you, but I'll see how far I can put my reasoning without further information. However, welcome to Debate.org, I hope you do decide to stay on this site, and if you do, I'd recommend customizing your profile too.

You have stated that it doesn't matter how old the foetus is as it is considered a person to you. But if we go back step by step here, and I'll try to fairly guess your response, but correct me if I subject you unjustly;

1; Is a baby a person? (Yes)

2; Is a 7 month old foetus a person? (Yes)

3; Is a 3 month old foetus a person? (Yes)

4; When a sperm and egg first join, is that a person?

5; What is the difference between two people about to have sex and a minute old embryo?

6; What is the difference between a woman with eggs and a woman about to have sex?

Just keep on going back; when does the person appear in this? If the moment an embryo is made, it is a person, that is practically the same as a couple about to have sex. There are far too many sperm, so if a woman has an egg in her system, shouldn't that also be a person? Would using contraceptives be the same as abortion in that case? If she has a period, is that killing a child? The problem is setting a line. My personal line is that you can't abort something with a heartbeat, because by that stage, you're a bit late to be having an abortion anyway. But before then, it is not a person. Saying that it could become a person means that every egg cell could become a person, and this instills a bizarre moral duty to procreate as much as possible.

I have other reasons, but I'll wait for your reply to this first so as not to unfairly overwhelm you. If you don't answer the next round, I'll assume you've merely forgotten about the debate, rather than actually forfeiting, (in that case jut say when you're forfeitin so as not to confuse the voters and I) and I'll check the comments in case you put the argument in late.

Awaiting your response, Duncan.
rachp96

Con

rachp96 forfeited this round.
Duncan

Pro

I'll just shorten the debate by 2 days.
rachp96

Con

rachp96 forfeited this round.
Duncan

Pro

Speeding up the debate again.
rachp96

Con

rachp96 forfeited this round.
Duncan

Pro

Well there you go.
rachp96

Con

rachp96 forfeited this round.
Duncan

Pro

Alright, that's the end of the debate. See you all next week!
Vote Placed by MrJosh 3 years ago
MrJosh
rachp96DuncanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for forfeit, arguments because PRO countered CON's points and CON didn't rebut.