Dave12345678910
Nursultan

Abortion

Dave12345678910

Pro

This is intended as an intelligent debate. I am a Conservative, but I see abortion a little differently. I hope to keep this a friendly debate. I just wanted to instigate the debate now. You can accept anytime in the next 7 days and post your Round 1 in the next 9 days.

The opening shots:

Point 1: The prohibition of abortion will just make more deaths due to abortion. It will be in the same fashion as the prohibition on alcohol in the 1920s. The prohibition of abortion will lead some women to seek "underground" doctors, who will abort illegally. These doctors are usually dangerous for mother and baby. So instead in the style of a regular abortion where only the baby dies, under these circumstances, the chances of the woman dying skyrocket.

Point 2: Prohibiting abortion will just increase crime and poverty. The kind of people that abort are either young or poor. The young will not take care of the baby for society has already cast her out. She will get rid of the baby. The poor will not take care of the baby either. Because poor tends to breed poor. Crime tends to breed crime. If the woman does not abort, the baby could grow up into a criminal, or live an under-privaliged childhood. The baby would be better off not being born. Plus, chances are high that he or she will be murdered when they are older if they are poor and live in a bad part of town.

Point 3: Every woman has rights. Being able to abort is one of them.
Nursultan

Con

Abortion is never a mere personal choice but a grave offense against God and His creation. The anti-abortion struggle has always been a religious battle and foremost in its ranks have been Catholics across the country. This is because Church teaching on abortion is clear and unequivocal: Abortion is murder. There are no exceptions allowed, no compromises possible.
In Addition if females do abortion,after a few years later they want to have baby,they might not get pregnant again
Dave12345678910

Pro

Dave12345678910 forfeited this round.
Nursultan

Con

Nursultan forfeited this round.
Dave12345678910

Pro

Dave12345678910 forfeited this round.
Nursultan

Con

Nursultan forfeited this round.
Dave12345678910

Pro

Dave12345678910 forfeited this round.
Nursultan

Con

Nursultan forfeited this round.
Dave12345678910

Pro

Dave12345678910 forfeited this round.
Nursultan

Con

Nursultan forfeited this round.
Posted by TheOncomingStorm 3 years ago
TheOncomingStorm
I don't actually see this the same way as either of these guys. I like the simple deductive logic.

P: A fetus is a living human at an early stage of development
P: Killing humans at any stage of development is murder
C: Abortion is murder

I'm sorry if anyone doesn't agree, but I'm just using science.