botkinh
Zendayalover156

Abortion

Zendayalover156

botkinh

Con

Since the Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade was passed 40 years ago in January 1973, over 55 million abortions have been performed in the United States. That number grossly surpasses the American death toll in every war America has fought in, since it became a nation in 1776 (including the Civil War, both World Wars, and Vietnam). Abortion is not a political issue, nor has it ever been a political issue. It's a moral issue. As a nation, what do we want to promote? Life or death? America has to draw a line somewhere.
Zendayalover156

Pro

Here's my evidence about why we have Abortion in the US

INCIDENCE OF ABORTION

" Nearly half of pregnancies among American women are unintended, and about four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion.[1] Twenty-two percent of all pregnancies (excluding miscarriages) end in abortion.[2]
" Forty percent of pregnancies among white women, 67% among blacks and 53% among Hispanics are unintended.[1]
" In 2008, 1.21 million abortions were performed, down from 1.31 million in 2000. However, between 2005 and 2008, the long-term decline in abortions stalled. From 1973 through 2008, nearly 50 million legal abortions occurred.[2]
" Each year, two percent of women aged 15"44 have an abortion. Half have had at least one previous abortion.[2,3]
" At least half of American women will experience an unintended pregnancy by age 45, and, at current rates, one in 10 women will have an abortion by age 20, one in four by age 30 and three in 10 by age 45.[4,5]
botkinh

Con

botkinh forfeited this round.
Zendayalover156

Pro

Ok I'm sorry for having the wrong abortion. I think we should have it because the government has a right to do those things to us. Last week, a cop killed a kid for pointing a toy gun at him
botkinh

Con

botkinh forfeited this round.
Zendayalover156

Pro

Abortion may be being use illegally but we have it because the government's job is to keep this country from falling apart
Posted by DudeStop 2 years ago
DudeStop
I'm torn. I think people deserve the right to their own body, but I also think there are better ways together rid of un-wanted babies.
Posted by Zendayalover156 3 years ago
Zendayalover156
I didn't mean to be in the debate. How do I get out of it?
Posted by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
redefine your stance better and I will possibly take this.

I have no idea whether you are against it all together, or whether it is viable in some situations. Re write the resolution and I may take it.
Posted by MysticEgg 3 years ago
MysticEgg
Are you arguing for abortion to be completely illegal? If so, I'll accept.
Vote Placed by Beverlee 3 years ago
Beverlee
botkinhZendayalover156Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I would have liked to have seen more sources. The FFs caused me to score for conduct, and Pros' arguments went uncontested.
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
botkinhZendayalover156Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit and pro had better arguments