izzybeth123
MrVan

Abortion

MrVan

izzybeth123

Con

Abortion is terrible. You are killing someone who hasn't even had the chance to take their first breath. During abortion, typically the baby's heart starts to beat and brain activity is found. They are alive and people who engage in abortion are committing murder. Taking the choice away from a child and hurting something that doesn't have the ability to defend itself. Even if you can not support this child, adoption is always and option. It may not be a fun place for them to live but atleast they are alive.
MrVan

Pro

Contention1: Abortion is terrible
My opponent clearly makes the assertion that "abortion is terrible" without specifying what kind of abortion or the circumstances around it. Therefore, I'm going to assume she means that -all- abortions are terrible, regardless of what kind of abortion it is or the circumstances which may surround it. So all I would have to do is find a single instance of an abortion not being terrible to disprove my opponent's assertion that they all are. Instead, I'll provide four instances where abortion might actually be good or even beneficial for the mother, and therefore not "terrible":

1. Pregnancies resulting from rape.

2. Pregnancies resulting from incest.

3. Pregnancies which threaten the life of the mother.

4. Teenage pregnancies.

5. Cases where the mother is a young child. (note: the youngest recorded human mother was a five-year-old.)

Contention2: Person hood
While I agree with my opponent that a fetus is human biologically speaking, that hardly makes it a person. The physical changes which occur during the fetus' development do not a person make, and any brain activity the fetus does have lacks the intricate sophistication of that of a person. Fetuses are not self-aware, do not recognize emotion and therefore do not cognitively interpret pain in the traditional sense. The fetus is little more than a tumor.

Contention3: Rights of the mother
My opponent states that adoption is an option while ignoring the emotional and physical strains that come with pregnancy and childbirth itself. In fact, she seems to completely blatantly ignore the plight of the mother at all. Everyone has a right to their own body, and to force a woman, a person, to give birth takes away those rights.
izzybeth123

Con

izzybeth123 forfeited this round.
MrVan

Pro

My opponent had forfeited the round, so my arguments stand unchallenged.
izzybeth123

Con

izzybeth123 forfeited this round.
MrVan

Pro

My opponent has, once again, forfeited. Vote Pro.
Posted by MrVan 3 years ago
MrVan
It was a typo, sorry! :S
Posted by CUA 3 years ago
CUA
Pro you stated that you would show four instances when it is not terrible you listed 5 unless the last two are the same. No big deal just a typo.
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
izzybeth123MrVanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit