Trom88
Orieles

Abortion

Trom88

Con

I am going to be arguing against abortion. I don't think its right to kill unborn babys but Im not going to go into it until my opponent says what he/she wants to say to try and prove my opinion wrong.
Orieles

Pro

Intro
Abortion is quite the touchy subject now a days. The crowds of people who protest the act of abortion with the opposing group pushing for the right to chose is absolutely astounding. People are absorbed with this topic and all of its underlying themes to the point of acting irrationally violent towards their fellow man. It's incredible to think about. Choosing between life or choice could invoke the most terrible of responses from people with the smallest of phrases. Explaining a stance to people tends to be very difficult in a subjective matter such as abortion, but I believe we can come to a strong conclusion as to why abortion is not inherently wrong.

Fetus Development
Firstly, fetuses do not feel pain before the third trimester. While they do develop a basic nervous system through out most of their body at twenty weeks; they do not have the ability to feel pain before the brains receptors are properly developed at twenty four weeks. Evidently, Roe Vs. Wade established twenty four weeks to be the legal cut off for abortions so as to make the procedures as humane as possible (MotherJones).

I was planning on making two other points regarding effects on women and the sentiment of life; but I had to put off research for several other assignments of mine. I will have to expand upon my two other points in round 2 after your rebuttal to my current argument. Sorry for drawing out my round for so long.
Trom88

Con

Trom88 forfeited this round.
Orieles

Pro

Orieles forfeited this round.
Trom88

Con

Trom88 forfeited this round.
Orieles

Pro

Orieles forfeited this round.
Posted by Trom88 3 years ago
Trom88
i apologise but i wasn't on for a few days.
Posted by Orieles 3 years ago
Orieles
The idea of life after conception has always fascinated me. I'll take you up on this debate Trom and see what I can collect. Good luck and have fun.