Taggie16
Agnosticgirl

Abortion

Taggie16

Con

Abortion IS murder. I can't stress that enough. By supporting abortion in any way (pro choice, having an abortion, or the doctor who aborts) you are condoning murder of THE MOST PRECIOUS and innocent thing that this big world has to offer us. For those of you who think you are helping women by being pro choice, I would like to tell you that I am too, but not for the mothers. I am pro choice for the beautiful, perfect creation that should have the right to live no matter what the circumstances are. I stand tall and proudly for the babies who don't yet have a voice in this world. Abortion IS murder and murderers are disgusting. For those of you who think pro life is a religious thing, you are wrong. Being pro life is not about God, it's about giving every person the right to life and proudly exercising our right to feel that way.
Agnosticgirl

Pro

I don't think it's murder. It is not a human, it is a fetus. A fetus cannot function or being considered a human being yet. Honestly, I think abortion is horrific but, I don't think anyone should have the right to tell a woman what she can do and can't do with her body. No one really wants such a sad procedure done but they realize they have to. For whatever their reasons are. It's a personal and hard decision. It still remains none of my business. Do you call the young woman about to get the procedure done due to her being raped a "murderer"? This is such a touchy topic but It isn't murder. I know people who've had to get abortions due to complications with the baby or being very ill. They're not killers. I am pro-choice. Not pro-killer.
Taggie16

Con

I respect that you want to respect the woman's choice, I really do. I'm not going to lie, everything you're saying looks good. We live in a country where we have the right to make our own choices about our body. I accept that. What I have a problem with is people have irresponsible and unsafe sex when they are not ready for children. The only reason that sex exists is so that we can procreate. People take advantage of it. I am so so so thankful that my mother chose life for me. I now know what it's like to talk, laugh, travel, and live a beautiful life. So many "fetuses" are denied that right to a live when their mother chooses an abortion. I don't find an abortion right in any case including rape an incest. Studies have shown that less than 10% people have abortions out of rape or incest. The top reason is that the mother and father weren't ready for children. I would love to tell every single one of those people that if you aren't ready to have children, you shouldn't be having sex. To not fair to the child who had no choice but to be created. If you aren't ready for children, there are options such as adoption. There are so many women who can't bear children but would make great mothers.
Agnosticgirl

Pro

I totally agree with you on the taking advantage of it, and I'm not for that and I don't support that either. Abortion is a horrible thing and a touchy topic. But when someone denies a possible human being life due to their irresponsibilitys, I do have a problem with that. On the contrary, I am not completely against it so I am pro-choice, because I believe a woman should have that right to make that big decision. Take advantage of it? No. That is wrong. But have the option if they need it? Yes.
Taggie16

Con

You see, I would possibly be okay with it if it only happened in situations in which women need it Health problems). Although, the percentage of women who have an abortion because of health reasons either with the mother or with the baby. http://www.operationrescue.org.... 89% of abortions happen for the following reasons that in my opinion take advantage of abortion: inadequate finances, not ready for the responsibility, women's life would be changed too much, unmarried or problems with relationship, too young, doesn't want anymore children. 89% of abortions happen for those reasons, says operationrescue.org. To me, that is disgusting. If women don't want children DON'T have sex! We shouldn't be giving women the option to discontinue a life simply because she was careless when having sex. If she doesn't want the child she should look into other methods of raising it. Life should not, I repeat, SHOULD NOT be ended because women are irresponsible when it comes to sex.
Agnosticgirl

Pro

Agnosticgirl forfeited this round.
Posted by Agnosticgirl 2 years ago
Agnosticgirl
That's a stupid statement. A child outside if the body is a human. A fetus is a fetus.
Posted by RobertV1992 2 years ago
RobertV1992
Well if a 5 year old isnt that crazy then why don't we go as low as 3? But either way abortion is currently being used as a birth control based on statistics
Posted by Agnosticgirl 2 years ago
Agnosticgirl
Actually, a 5 year old isn't that crazy considering the youngest to be pregnant was 8.
Posted by RobertV1992 2 years ago
RobertV1992
Not the best example of a 5 year old. But I do see your point, regardless 4% of abortion reasons are for mothers with health issues. So that doesn't seem like a logical basis for your argument
Posted by macmack1234 2 years ago
macmack1234
Yeah, cause a 5 year old could totally get pregnant. And if one did, then I think we may have a bigger issue on our hands. But let's look at the facts buddy, are we talking about 5 year olds that don't know their right from their left or girls that have matured enough to bear a child. Seriously, if you don't want kids, don't have sex. You shouldn't even be having sex before marriage anyways.
Posted by ChristianPunk 2 years ago
ChristianPunk
I'm gonna say this. What if a 5 year old is pregnant? Would you still wanna ban abortions?
Posted by Agnosticgirl 2 years ago
Agnosticgirl
Do me a favor, give it a rest if we clearly cannot see eye to eye, and you fail to be mature. I'm here to debate like adults. Not use insulting words or have my opinions called "silly"
Posted by RobertV1992 2 years ago
RobertV1992
I don't know how you intend on winning this debate with your silly illogical argument about the meer seconds it takes to become a human. Because whatever that thing was inside that "mom" as some idiots would argue is her title, becomes something brand new the second it pops out. No growth process that means its not its own individual organism.
Do me a favor, google image abortion.
Posted by Agnosticgirl 2 years ago
Agnosticgirl
Listen, if you don't understand my logic that's fine. But your opinions are as thick as mud so I don't see why you're still arguing with me. No. A fetus is not considered a human being to me. Sorry. I'm not for death of anything so don't say I am. I'm for women having a say in what they can do with their body. That is all.
Posted by RobertV1992 2 years ago
RobertV1992
Alright, so you are for the death of a fetus if it is somebody's personal choice, even only if the choice is convenience. Gotcha. Well why cant a parent kill their child who is not fully grown yet? Is it only because the child is not inside the mother the reason why that is not allowed anymore? It may one day become convenient for the mom to berid herself of her nagging kid, why not just scramble his brains like she could have done before she gave birth to him? What is the problem with that?
Or what about ten seconds after she gave birth? Did that "fetus" in the womb change that much between the 20 seconds ago she was giving birth to the now "baby"?
Is it because the title of that person has changed from "fetus" to "child"?

I fail to see your logic, or you are just conforming to the easy word of society. One of the two