macmack1234
rwoods019

Abortion

macmack1234

macmack1234

Con

Abortion. When one hears that word, what do they think? When I hear it, I think of my baby nephew. He is such a pure and wonderful addition to my world. The thought of anyone hurting him, let alone killing him, makes me want to punch a hole through my wall. You all believe that a woman has a right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy because you believe that the "fetus" inside of her is not a human. I have news for you, it most certainly is a human. Even if you were correct, would the fetus grow into a dog? Or perhaps a parrot? No. When a fetus is given a chance, it becomes a beautiful baby and so on and so forth. I am a woman. I completely understand that women should be able to decide for themselves when it comes to their body, but I am sorry we are not talking about the mother, we are talking about the innocent life that is stirring inside of her.
Now we can argue on and on and on about how women aren't ready for children and the child should not be born into this burden of immature parents that cannot provide for them. I agree. These poor children. But for some reason I feel like you guys must have missed out on your biology classes in high school because SEX BRINGS BABIES. And if you are not ready for babies, DON'T HAVE SEX. Sex was made for one and only one task, reproduction and so many people take advantage of that and go out for one night stands and the girl gets pregnant. I don't care how drunk you were, it was your mistake and your child should not by any means have to suffer because of it. Even if you believe you don't have the means to provide for this child, there are thousands upon thousands of parents who aren't as lucky as you to be able to bear a child and they would most certainly adopt yours. Adoption is an absolute beautiful thing that I have seen first hand.
Please, choose life. Choose an innocent baby's life
http://www.photoinpixel.com...
rwoods019

Pro

I can see what you are saying, but there are instances when abortion is really the only option.
Take this for example. A woman is going to have a baby, and she was ready to care for it. But something goes wrong, and if she doesn't get the baby aborted, they will both die. In this case, abortion is the better option and even though it is killing the life of a soon-to-be baby, it is also saving the life of the mother. This has taken place multiple times, and without abortion, many more woman could die.
Also, what if the sex wasn't their choice? What if a 13 year old girl who had already had her period got raped and got pregnant? Do you expect her to carry the child when she is not mentally ready to care for it, and even though it is possible for her to get pregnant, she isn't fully, physically ready to handle a child either? You could say she could have the baby and let her parents raise it, but a girl of young age giving birth to a child is very dangerous. It is always painful, but with a girl that young, there are more risks.
So, I do agree with people using abortion as simple birth control is wrong, but abortion is not always wrong. People misuse it. All in all, it may kill a fetus, but it was intended to help the person carrying the child.
macmack1234

Con

I agree that when two lives can be harmed in the case of childbirth, it is better to save one of the lives rather than letting them both die. But unfortunately statistics show that that is hardly ever the case for an abortion.
I also completely agree with you that rape is absolutely disgusting but once again, statistics show that less than 1% of American abortions are from rape victims. Personally if I was raped and got pregnant I would not want the child to suffer from his/her father's horrible actions. A 13 year old that has been raped and got pregnant is a touchy subject but many 13 year olds have had children before and have survived it. Adoption is the best choice for a rape victim and with proper therapy and medical help, I believe no baby should have to suffer those consequences.
rwoods019

Pro

You have said many thirteen year olds have had babies and survived. They may have survived, but after that child birth, nothing would be the same for them. There is a great chance of that baby harming them while they are giving birth, or simply carrying it. Physical therapy, might not be enough. I also think abortion is okay because adoption is a complicated system. Though people who just don't want to have their baby, would be wiser to put it up for adoption, that shouldn't be the only option, for those who can't help it.
macmack1234

Con

Adoption can be very complicated but the point of that is only to ensure that the child goes to well-fit parents. I have seen adoption first hand. In fact, I myself am adopted and I feel so incredibly loved by my adopted parents. My birth mother could not support me because her and her boyfriend did not have the jobs to raise a child. But rather to kill me, my birth mother chose life for me and I will never be able to repay that debt. There are so many people who would love children but cannot have them. If you do not want or cannot afford a child, thousands of these parents would jump at the chance to take yours.
As for the 13 year olds, they would go through far more horrors in killing a child. I applaud teenage mothers who have let their child live, no matter if they raised them or gave them up, they let them live. I also applaud the thousands upon thousands of women that were raped and went through with your pregnancy. Thank you for your love and courage.
http://conservativereport.org...
rwoods019

Pro

Yes, adoption is a good option, but there are some people, where that is too much of a dangerous option, and abortion is about the only option for them. There are other reasons someone might need to get an abortion besides the ones listed before. Such as, the child inside them is already unhealthy and there is much of a chance it will become still born, so abortion is a better option than having to go through child birth to see their dead child. That scenario has occurred. Would you want to take the chance of giving birth to a baby you can't watch grow up? No, and in that case, abortion is tough but it is the better option.
You say that killing the baby will have negative affects on them, and though that is true, child birth will have more harmful affects on their body. All the things adult women go through when they give child birth, will go through the young teen, but will seem much worse because of the age. Also, it may give them moral discomfort if they abort the baby, and they may regret it, but regret will fade over time, and their life could go back to close to normal, especially with the proper help. Though if they gave child birth, their body would go through affects harder to reverse and they will always remember how much pain they went through with their pregnancy.

I thank you con for your time.
Posted by macmack1234 2 years ago
macmack1234
http://www.operationrescue.org...

Less than 1% is from rape and less than 19% is from teenagers.
Posted by activist14 2 years ago
activist14
I agree with PRO. If someone is raped, it isn't their choice to get pregnant. Its not their fault. And think about those children being abused, because their parents didn't want a kid, or their parents blame them because they have to take care of them. It is not those kids' fault, the children going through everyday, who are abused, or know that they are a reminder to their mother how she was raped, or that if they weren't alive, their parents would be happy. Do you still think that abortion isn't okay?
Vote Placed by Josh_b 2 years ago
Josh_b
macmack1234rwoods019Tied
Reasons for voting decision: points out the statistics of rape.
Vote Placed by kbub 2 years ago
kbub
macmack1234rwoods019Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This is an especially hard debate to judge, and yet an exceptionally good debate to read. Both sides did a great job. Part of the difficulty in judging is that the Burden of Proof was not clear. I'm not sure what con/pro had to defend. It would seem that Con did allow for abortion in the case of saving the mother, but Con made the point that this is a tiny portion of the bigger discussion. Pro didn't make a case for one case of abortion's justification being enough, so I'll have to default to Con's suggestion that the general practice of abortion is the topic of debate, and that pro must defend the practice as a whole entity. So I guess the criterion would be which world is better, one with no limits to abortion or one with absolute limits to abortion. Pro did a great job with the classic arguments of rape cases, etc., but did not give any analysis on the fetus not being a human child. Because Pro left that, default to human child. Killing babies would therefore be wrong. Con wins.