Hunter611
HenryAndrew

Abortion

HenryAndrew

Hunter611

Con

Hello people of the world, I've come to debate abortion, I believe abortion should be illegal in every situation unless the mothers life is in danger, and she will die without an abortion.
I will not be doing this from a religious standpoint, even though I am Christian. This debate will be all logic and facts.
HenryAndrew

Pro

Greetings, I'd like to debate on the affirmative of the issue of abortion. I'd like to just introduce myself, my position and path I'd like to take to debate on the topic

I'd like to start out saying I am honored to debate with you on this very hot topic. For a little background on myself I am brought up Catholic and am actually aligned most often with the Republican Party.

I'd like to quickly talk about some preliminary aspects of this issue:

When is the fetus an actual person in that we actually commit a murder?
This has yet to be defined by anything yet and has been a majorly debated point of this issue. I do not wish to argue this issue because I believe it will be a waste of time to no avail to either side. This depends on what you value morally as a person not necessarily what is logically derived from facts. I wish, like my opponent, to keep this debate to facts, evidence that is tangible and not theories that could be true on both sides.

What I personally believe.
I personally am not endorsing abortion, I actually do not approve of it because I believe the situations that cause abortions to be considered are often atrocious, such as in the cases of rape, or simply just an outcome of poor decision making, evidenced parents who are not prepared. I wish to discourage it but I will not restrict someone else's option. Why I do not is because I believe rape is a problem we as a society cannot wholly eradicate and because people will always be stupid. No matter what we do as a society to prevent them they will always be present in our society. I believe we can suppress these instances but not wholly eradicate them.

Now onto some preliminary comments on the debate itself:

My opponent states the only situation in which a mother can commit abortion is in the case in which the mother's life is in danger. So exactly the statement of which we are debating is this:

That abortion should not be illegal in every case, with the exception of when the mother"s life is in danger.

My opponent is arguing the negative of this statement in stating abortion should be illegal in every case with the exception of when the mother"s life is in danger. I am arguing affirmative of the statement in saying that abortion should not be illegal in every case. I will not argue that abortion in every single situation should be legal but I will argue that abortion should not be as restricted so much as my opponent states. By presenting reasons based off facts, I wish to prove that abortion should not be entirely illegal.

For each round debate I'd like to start of with a "road map" just outlining what you say in the round. Then the actual arguments, any evidence please have a link to where you get the evidence. After the arguments, feel free to ask any questions, I will try answer all of them thoroughly.
Hunter611

Con

I would like to clarify. I was intending to argue about the thing that you expressly chose not to debate.
Whether or not the fetus is human at any particular stage, if it was not human, or alive most consider abortion justified. I believe this is not a fruitless debate and I plan to prove it.
HenryAndrew

Pro

HenryAndrew forfeited this round.
HenryAndrew

Pro

HenryAndrew forfeited this round.
HenryAndrew

Pro

HenryAndrew forfeited this round.
Hunter611

Con

Hunter611 forfeited this round.
HenryAndrew

Pro

HenryAndrew forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by SPENCERJOYAGE14 2 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Hunter611HenryAndrewTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con never made any specifics in the beginning of this round so he cannot say "I would like to clarify. I was intending to argue about the thing that you expressly chose not to debate."Unless he had said so in the beginning. Thus conduct to con. Also con made arguments.