jumping4jupiter
Cooldudebro

Abortion

jumping4jupiter

Pro

I do not support irresponsible behaviors and/or stupidity by any means. However...there are some situations that having legal abortion is a very good thing.
1. Rape: if you were impregnated involuntarily by some monster...every time you looked in the mirror, you would be reminded of that incident. Of how traumatic it was. And for 18 years you would have to look at that child in the eye, knowing half of them is descended from the person that attacked you. Or, if you choose to give it up...what kind of life is that for the child? Knowing for their entire life that their own mother...the woman who carried him or her in their womb for nine months...didn't want them. Can you imagine the psychological damage that the person would have to live with? Also, what if the woman had severe complications during the birth? If it killed her?
That could all be prevented with a procedure called an abortion.

2. Teens and Young People: People can say all they want that teenagers shouldn't have sex, but it happens whether they like it or not. I have thought long and hard about what I would do in that kind of situation before I started having sex. I realize that my parents both have full-time and part-time jobs. I have one full-time and two part-time jobs, and I am also a full-time college student. I still live at home. I tried going out on my own for a couple months, but it was too much financial pressure. If I had a baby...who would take care of it? Who would pay for medical bills, food, clothing, toys, diapers, etc.? The tax-payers? I sure wouldn't be able to. I wouldn't be able to afford to go to the doctor regularly or all the supplements or what not that would be providing proper prenatal care.
If I got pregnant, I would be out of work for however long...I cannot afford to miss work. The child would be bounced around from relative to babysitter to friend to whoever for the time I am at work and school, and for the time my boyfriend is at work or school. What kind of life is that? My parents can't afford to take time off work and neither can I.
Plus, as a teenager (and even for adults), there is no guarantee in a relationship. I have been so fortunate to be raised and continue to live with my biological parents. I see the effect on kids around me that live with single parents and step-parents.
I see people my age with kids. Their 'baby daddy' ended up not sticking around. Now they're sponging off their parents. Their child is at home with the grandparents while they're out partying. They're not ready for parenthood.
I see abortion as a better option. For the parents and child.
Cooldudebro

Con

I accept this debate.

Both of your scenarios can easily be fixed by just giving the baby away.

State your case.
jumping4jupiter

Pro

jumping4jupiter forfeited this round.
Cooldudebro

Con

My opponent has forfeitted. Thanks for reading! :)
jumping4jupiter

Pro

jumping4jupiter forfeited this round.
jumping4jupiter

Pro

jumping4jupiter forfeited this round.
jumping4jupiter

Pro

jumping4jupiter forfeited this round.
Cooldudebro

Con

Cooldudebro forfeited this round.
Posted by QuestForQuestions 2 years ago
QuestForQuestions
Adoption can be a solution to many cases, but it is not to all. Girls who are very young have a serious risk of dying during the pregnancy. Most of the women who were raped will suffer even more if obligated to go through 9 months of pregnancy. Besides that, a high percentage of these unwanted children certainly don't fit in that model of child that most couples are willing to adopt. Children who were born addicted to some drug or children with darker skin, for example. Besides that, if the woman lives by her own, the pregnancy can prevent her from having the means to survive.
Posted by theta_pinch 2 years ago
theta_pinch
"Brings back to the point of what if the woman doesn't have the financials to provide proper prenatal care? "

Then she shouldn't have taken the chance to have a baby in the first place.
Posted by Cooldudebro 2 years ago
Cooldudebro
I will state in arguments.
Posted by Cooldudebro 2 years ago
Cooldudebro
I got you matched.
Posted by jumping4jupiter 2 years ago
jumping4jupiter
Brings back to the point of what if the woman doesn't have the financials to provide proper prenatal care? In 2008, an uncomplicated c section was $15,800 and an uncomplicated birth was $9,600. That's just the delivery. Can most people who are already struggling financially afford the risk of a possible adopter who offered to pay end up not following through? What if it's an alcoholic or drug user where the fetus would be harmed? What if she dies during birth? I was planned but my mom and i both almost died.

I am not saying abort every baby or whatever. I believe abortion should only be used when all other options are exhausted. The reason for the debate is for people say it shouldn't be allowed in any situation
Posted by theta_pinch 2 years ago
theta_pinch
what about adoption?