We will be arguing for or against abortion. I choose to be against.

1st round: Acceptance
2nd round: 1st arguments
3rd round: 2nd arguments
4th round: 3rd arguments
5th round: closing

Good luck!

I accept your debate.

FIrst off, I want to argue a very ignorant pro-abortion statement that I often hear. The statement is; "You are just aborting a clump of cells." Well, here is a picture of a 1st trimester aborted child. Please take a look and tell me if it really looks like a clump of cells.

Sorry I couldn't get the URL to work, just copy and paste it into your browser.

My 2nd point: 93% of mothers regret their abortions. NINETY THREE PERCENT! That means that the people who are funding abortion and supporting it, most likely they have NEVER gone through an abortion. Those politicians out there supporting abortions have most likely never gone through one. Mothers regret their abortions for a reason!

My 3rd point: Aborted babies have survived their abortions before. These are obviously not clumps of cells if they can survive their own abortion. I highly advise you to watch the movie "October Baby." It is based on a true story about a girl who survived her abortion.

Did I say aborting a clump of cells? No, I didn't. So why are you trying to disclaim what hasn't occurred yet?

In some cases a pregnant woman can die because their baby is relatively big, squashing the brain and causing severe internal bleeding. And then the baby won't get nutrition because it's mother is dead. Do you want a dead mother and a malnourished baby, or an alive mother and an aborted baby?

The living mother will live to continue work as usual. Or a malnourished baby will require lots of nutrition for nothing in return.

Until they're fully developed + 18 years, they'll require lots of nutrition.

While the living mother case, she can contribute in ways other than pregnancy.

I'm usually against all modern practices, but when it comes to life or death, we should be grateful.

Whoa, whoa, whoa my friend, I have never said that "life and death" abortion's are wrong. They are morally right considering the fact that in most cases, both the baby and the mother will die. Your arguement is invalid.

Secondly, I know you never said that baby's are clumps of cells, but I am talking about what most pro-abortion activists tell me. You didn't make arguments yet, so I had to make mine first.

My next argument is something that his been argued for a long time. Mothers can abort their babies DURING labor! Isn't that sad, disgusting, and inhumane?

Just to show how evil abortion is, I am sharing another image of a 1st trimester abortion. Please view it.

Do you really think that abortions (besides life and death and rape) are necessary? Does that image look like a baby? Hell yes it does.

Abortion is the murder of a human being.

So what if a 12 year old girl gets pregnant? Forced pregnancy? Or the mother can't feed the baby and doesn't want to risk releasing it into the world?

You are ignoring cases where the mother just can't handle a baby, or another child, or lots of other cases which abortion can prevent.

I understand that you don't like abortion. But sometimes we just have to.

First of all, "releasing the baby into the world" is actually called "adoption." Adoption is a great option, and an answer to all of those cases. When the mother "can't handle a baby" or "another child" or even "rape." Adoption is truly the answer. My uncle looked to adopt, it took him 6 years to find a child. There are plenty of families out there that WANT children, adoption is truly the answer to abortion.

I am actually adopted. I could have been aborted, my parents didn't want me. But they did realize something, that even a child inside the womb of a mother is still a child.

I am going to share with you a law that I heard about a few years ago. Did you know if you shoot a pregnant woman in the stomach and kill her baby you will be charged with man slaughter even if it doesn't kill the mother? This law proves that under law, unborn babies are still human beings.

I am going to end this with a quote "all men are created equal" created, not born

rdococ forfeited this round.

My closing: "all men are created equal" I believe we are created and not born equal.

I enjoyed this debate, and I will end with another picture of an aborted baby.

I hope you look at these pictures and realize that it is not a fetus, but a baby that is being aborted. Thanks for the debate!

rdococ forfeited this round.
Posted by rdococ 2 years ago
DAMN I didn't pay much attention here
Posted by TheMaster_Debator 2 years ago
Wow, liam12 has way better arguments, and did something I have never seen anybody do before on this website, show images of the problem. To me liam12 wins this debate already, especially considering rdococ forfeit a round already. Liam12's work is pretty good.
Vote Placed by TheMaster_Debator 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Ragnar, he posted images to prove this idea that "unborn babies are not human." Those are not photoshopped. Trust me, they are not. Secondly, he said that babies are not clumps of cells because he wanted to say that they are human beings with beating hearts, working organs, a brain, etc..Plants are just "clumps of cells" but living animals are more than that. Thirdly he pointed out that "all men are created equal, not born equal" because he wants to prove that unborn babies ARE protected under our constitution! Please read more closely, and please realize that Pro gave no good arguements and that pro forfeit 2 rounds. You are obviously very Pro-Abortion because there is an obvious winner. Oh yeah, and they way he did caps on certain words was to put stress and importance on that word or phrase. Your arguments are invalid, even if you are pro-abortion Liam12 clearly won, without a doubt.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: CONDUCT: Pro forfeited, however pro passed off gross pathos appeals as if they were evidence. Did you know if you post a picture (notably photo-shopped ones), you can make up whatever statistic you want and people will believe it? S&G: Leaning toward pro by a small margin, as con accidentally used RANDOM all CAPS (too small a margin to award points over). ARGUMENT (this area is subjective enough that other voters should award points for): First of all full grown humans are also clumps of cells, that's basically the definition of every living being, so why argue against it? Random statistics and unsupported 'facts' tossed around by both sides (the 18 year joke did make me laugh). This would go to con, but he conceded to the central part of pro's argument (start of R3, abortion is ugly, but sometimes necessary). Claiming that people are created instead of born, has zero baring on this debate. SOURCES: Pictures may support sources, but are not capable of winning sources on their own.