LIttleDrummingGirl
a_mysterious_stranger

Abortion

a_mysterious_stranger

LIttleDrummingGirl

Pro

I'm all for abortion. I think that it's totally acceptable for women to have abortions if that's what they want and its not like commiting a murder because the fetus hasn't been born yet.
a_mysterious_stranger

Con

Abortion is murder. Although the supreme court ruled that it wasn't I'll be stating my own belief on this subject. To start, what do you define a human as? If a fetus is not a human, then what is? Does not being awake make you not human? Fetuses will develop a heartbeat. Just because it's unborn, doesn't mean it's not human. It may be the woman's choice, but if someone killed someone else because of a choice, then it's not murder by your definition. If killing the baby is your choice, no one can stop you (thou shalt not kill). What if the doctor aborted the baby without the mother's consent? It was the doctor's choice, right? Or does the mother have to make the choice to kill her child? Abortion is depriving an unborn child, the chance at life. You and I are both humans, but was I less of a human before I was born?
LIttleDrummingGirl

Pro

I count a human as being alive once it takes it's first breath. And yes of course it's the mother's choice? You're making it out as though if a 16 year old girl got pregnant after being raped and wanted an abortion would be the exact same as a thirty year old woman who got pregnant by her husband and then the doctor killed it as soon as it was born which is of course completely different circumstances. I think that if a woman doesn't want to have a baby but gets pregnant by accident then it's completely her choice whether she keeps it or not. Back to the 16 year old girl again, would you rather her drop out of school for about half a year (one of the most important year of her life where I'm from) to have her baby?
a_mysterious_stranger

Con

Taking time out of school to let the miracle of life happen is important. And there are pregnant girls who go to school, I've seen them before. They only take time out of school when the baby needs to be delivered. Rape is not an excuse, it's still a human, even if the baby would be born from a rape case. It should be unlawful to kill a fetus, like I said, the fetus will develop a heartbeat. By aborting the baby, you're ending the heartbeat, and its life. Why would you end an unborn babies life? It did nothing wrong, it hasn't been born yet. A mother may suffer from having the baby, but aborting the bay will put it through a lot of pain.
LIttleDrummingGirl

Pro

But in the UK when you're sixteen it's when you do the most important exams of your life, you can't miss them, Also a girl was pregnant at my school and she was off for 5 months of it. You cannot honestly expect a girl to get raped and have the baby? You must've heard of all the emotional trauma that being raped causes and you expect a young girl to go through that everyday when she has to look at that child for the rest of her life? And of course you're ending the fetuses life but it hasn't started yet, being serious what has that child actually done so far to show it has a life? Also I read somewhere that when you abort a baby it can't feel anything
a_mysterious_stranger

Con

You read that somewhere? Without listing a source? You cannot say that, unless you have the evidence. Of course school is important, but you shouldn't kill a baby just to go to school. But if a person couldn't feel pain, someone can lawfully kill them because they couldn't feel it? Murder is murder, whether the person can, or cannot feel pain. If school is more important than an the baby, then there is something wrong. If someone kills a pregnant woman, the police file that crime as a 'double homicide'.
Posted by a_mysterious_stranger 2 years ago
a_mysterious_stranger
Eh sorry my debate wasn't perfect. It was my first one.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
So, because a baby does not have air in its lungs it is OK to kill it.How sick minded is that.
a_mysterious_stranger
Vote for me
Vote Placed by 1Credo 2 years ago
1Credo
LIttleDrummingGirla_mysterious_strangerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments were not very well-structured on either side, but Con's reasoning seemed sound whereas Pro's was not.
Vote Placed by ben671176 2 years ago
ben671176
Reasons for voting decision: This was not a really good debate, just two people back lashing at eachother. But you know: Its the girls body! Isn't the baby's body the baby's body?