Ranisaleh
Ariesx

Abortion

Ariesx

Ranisaleh

Pro

Abortion should remain legal in the U.S.
Ariesx

Con

Abortion should be illegal, because of it kills human lives. Humanity should be able to live. Abortion brakes the US laws, ten commandments, and the Quran because in every one of those documents, it says you do not have the right to kill.
Ranisaleh

Pro

NOTE: A woman's risk of dying from having an abortion is 0.6 in 100,000, while the risk of dying from giving birth is around 14 times higher (8.8 in 100,000). The mortality rate of a colonoscopy is more than 40 times greater than that of an abortion.

If a woman were to become pregnant, and it would effect her life in a way she wasn't ready for, who are we to tell her that she has to carry it anyways? Also, say she got raped? Forcing her to carry a child that she might not even love is cruel, both for the mother and the child. Once the child is born, it would become a constant reminder to the mother about the rape. She wouldn't love the child, she could hate it, and take her anger out on in. No child should be subject to the emotional and physical abuse that could occur.abortion should be legal-for the people who want to go get an abortion, should get one.. Its their body and they should be able to do as they please. These are things we must look at, it is bad for ourselves to not have family planning but to be pregnant and not have a good financial background or not even have a father to help in supporting the mother. A child shouldn't spend his life knowing his parents are stuck with him. Also a woman has all the rights to her own body.

Let's say.....

I am holding something in each of my hands. In one hand, I am holding a two month old baby. In the other, an unborn fetus in a Petri dish. I am going to drop one of them, and you choose which one. Let's be honest you choose the fetus, because you know there's a difference.

Ariesx

Con

It is fair what you have said, but by using your logic I can say that it is okay to kill a bunch of poor children in Africa, because they will never have any happiness in life, and life is going to be harsh to them. Even though the women is raped, if she doesn't want the child, she could easily give it to a adoption institution. Let the kid live his life with a different set of parents that are more qualified. Also you mentioned the argument on the fetus and the baby. Scientifically in a mother's stomach, there is fetus that is going to evolve into a baby. So your technically killing the baby.
Ranisaleh

Pro

Again, A woman's risk of dying from having an abortion is 0.6 in 100,000, while the risk of dying from giving birth is around 14 times higher (8.8 in 100,000). The mortality rate of a colonoscopy is more than 40 times greater than that of an abortion.

part 1.Good point other than the fact that she has a greater risk; you have to understand what children go through- especially adopted children. Yes, they eventually love their mothers but inside they know that is not their mother.

Part 2 a child is alive and in the real world but a fetus is not when in the womb so you aren't really taking his life, you are preventing one that will be miserable to the mother and the child (child ESSPECIALLY).

PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS

A woman can do what she wants to her own body can't she?

If war is legal why isn't abortion?

Ariesx

Con

As a response to part one of my opponent's case. He is basically saying that the reason why you should abortion a child is because of the trouble a child goes through. Steve Jobs was adopted in California by 2 engineers. His father accidentally impregnated his mother. His father didn't want to have children, and his mother was hesitant in abortion. So she decided to let it be adopted. If she had an abortion, than there would not have been an iPhone. Steve Jobs did go through his troubles, but he had a life worth living. Read the biography.

As a response to part 2 of my opponents case. Why do farmers buy seeds. So that they can grow a crop. Now the farmer is putting his seeds into the ground, and waiting for them to grow, so he can actually get some food. Than there came a stupid teenager that stole the seeds. The farmer asked why you stole his seeds, and the teen replied, its just some seeds. Its not like it is food or anything. He just took that farmer's livelihood away.

I am using this word in the literal sense, but the question that my opponent has just asked is stupid. A woman can do drugs if she wanted too. Its her body. A woman doesn't have to wear a seatbelt. Its her body. A woman can subject her body on the web. Its her body. She can do anything with it. People that ask this question don't know what the word consequence is.

If we did not have war, we would be conquered. Are you kidding me. We do war because we are being threatened by other countries. Abortion does not have anything to do with war. I am using this word in the literal sense. But that question is just stupid.

Our topic says abortion should remain legal. By that logic He can say killing someone is legal. Scientists say that a fetus can evolve into a child. If I cut it, than that child will never come. Which means that the child is dead. If you support abortion, than Steve Jobs would never have came. My opponent seems even more unsophisticated on his own topic because in round 3 he said "you have to understand what adopted children go through-especially adopted children". By his logic, Steve Jobs should not be here, because he went through problems in his childhood. He had loving parents. He had friends. He had a "life". Please judge these arguments objectively. Look at which argument had more logic. I hope that I have proved that there are other alternatives to abortion. Vote Con.
Vote Placed by TK57 2 years ago
TK57
RanisalehAriesxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made a decent agrument and Con made a good argument (but missed a lot of things). Overall Con won simply because they were more logical