TheMaster_Debator
JNegley

Abortion

TheMaster_Debator

Con

1st round: acceptance only. (I am arguing that abortion is wrong and not humaine)
2nd round: argument(s)
3rd round: more argument(s)
4th round: more argument(s)
5th round: closing, try to keep that one under 100 words
JNegley

Pro

I will be arguing not that the act of abortion is proper or improper, but that the "right" to choose to abort is, and must remain, legal. It is too simple of a justification to label an act "inhumane" while not uncovering the fundamental values that are at stake if women's choices with their bodies are eliminated.
TheMaster_Debator

Con

I want to start out arguing that an abortion kills a human being. This tends to be the most common argument. Let's face it, the "fetus" is a real human being. 6 weeks after conception a baby develops a heart. When you abort that child, you are silencing a beating heart. 20 weeks after conception the "fetus" can feel pain when being aborted. So my opening argument is: the unborn baby is still a living human being.

Your stage of development should not define you as human or non-human. Is an 80 year old man any less of a human as a 12 year old boy?

So my question for you is: When is the "fetus" considered a human being? If you say from birth, then my follow up question is: What about Partial-Birth Abortion? Do you think the half born "fetuses" still deserve to die?

Please answer my questions and I would be glad to answer any follow up questions. Thank you.
JNegley

Pro

JNegley forfeited this round.
TheMaster_Debator

Con

Since none of my previous questions were answered I am going to continue asking questions and adding arguments.

My argument for this round is a phrase I hear often from pro-choice people. "abortion is a good thing for the mother." I have heard this so many times and yet it is so untrue. Abortion is actually MORE dangerous than childbirth. A mother is 4 times more likely to die from abortion related issues than a mother who carries to term.

Abortion is shrinking the female population at an alarming rate. There are 100 to 200 million fewer women in the world than men, and abortion is to blame.

My final argument is that women who have abortions are 6 to 7 times more likely to commit suicide in the following year than mothers who gave birth.

Women are more likely to be pro-life, so if this is a "woman's issue" then the pro-life side has already won. I am pro-women, and I am pro-life. Abortion is hurting women.
JNegley

Pro

JNegley forfeited this round.
TheMaster_Debator

Con

My final argument will be involving the fact that unborn babies are defended from national laws. I will be using U.S. laws for my arguments.

"Man Charged with Murder for Punching a Pregnant Woman in the Stomach"
Link: http://www.democraticunderground.com...
This is outrageous. So apparently it is okay to kill an unborn baby if the mother consents, but if not then it is considered murder?

"All men are created equal."
Key word "CREATED." They are created, not "born" equal.

I believe unborn children are defended under law.

Last argument before my closing. Does this aborted baby not look human to you? What makes you say it should not have the right to life:

http://www.100abortionphotos.com...

I really do hope you don't forfeit the last round and answer my questions. Thank you.
JNegley

Pro

JNegley forfeited this round.
TheMaster_Debator

Con

TheMaster_Debator forfeited this round.
JNegley

Pro

JNegley forfeited this round.
Posted by TheMaster_Debator 1 year ago
TheMaster_Debator
Dang, I thought I posted but my computer sometimes acts up. It is my fault that I forfeit the last round.
Posted by TheMaster_Debator 1 year ago
TheMaster_Debator
platoscaveman, I am glad to see you liked my argument. I don't feel very strongly about many political/religious issues in our world, but being pro-life is something I take very seriously. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and please vote when the debate is over :)
Posted by platoscaveman 1 year ago
platoscaveman
I really fail to see how anyone can win the pro argument as it has been stated so far. How can you have a right to murder?
Posted by a_janis1 1 year ago
a_janis1
JNegley
The woman does not have the right to choose to end the fetus/child's life within her because the fetus/child's body is not the same as the mothers body. There are two fundamentally and uniquely different human bodies that are affected in an abortion. (I can easily prove the life and humanity of a fetus, and distinction from the fetus' body and the mother's body, and thus the fetus' inalienable right to life would follow.)
Posted by TheMaster_Debator 1 year ago
TheMaster_Debator
It is pretty self explanatory. Abortion is an issue of whether or not it should be legal, and if it is justified.
Posted by philochristos 1 year ago
philochristos
You need a resolution. "Abortion" does't tell us much. Is the debate about the morality of abortion? Or is it about the legality of abortion? Or is it about whether abortion is good or bad for society? Or is it about whether abortion is safe? etc. Be specific. Write a sentence that states what you intend to defend. If you mean to defend the morality of abortion, be sure to specify whether you think it is immoral through all stages of pregnancy or through most stages of pregnancy or whatever. Tell us if there are any exceptions. If you're not specific, people won't know what the debate is about and voters won't know how to vote.