BuergerMan16
TimCarroll

Abortion

BuergerMan16

BuergerMan16

Con

I am against abortion because it is the death of an innocent child. You never know, that could be a very important person. I think we need to stop the issue at the beginning, by teaching people to have safe, protected sex. It makes so much more sense and no one ends up getting hurt by it, (except the Catholics). This is mainly why I am against abortion.
TimCarroll

Pro

Abortion can be viewed as a moral issue throughout society. I am not here to debate whether killing an unborn child is murder. I am here to state that women deserve the right to choose whether to abort a baby. A woman can attempt to have protected sex but, it will not always work. A woman could be raped and may not want to have that child. If a woman cannot afford to have a child and that child goes through life suffering that could be worse. Also medically many women die in child birth. It is better to save one life than to risk two. Even when we look at this as a moral issue the impacts outweigh. Women deserve a choice and it should not be male policy makers making this choice for them.
BuergerMan16

Con

I can see where you are coming from with the issue of rape and women's choice but I feel that more organizations can be founded in order to take in the children of mother's that can't give full care. These innocent children shouldn't be killed because they deserve God's gift of life, everyone does. I believe that more can be done to insure that abortion is illegal and that every life is valued and given the best oppurtunity.
TimCarroll

Pro

TimCarroll forfeited this round.
Posted by cwt002 1 year ago
cwt002
Honestly, should rape and health really be an argument for justification of abortion. Really, if you made abortion legal for only rape, incest, real health issues probably 90% of abortions would be eliminated. I mean CDC says that less than twenty women usually die per 100,000 births, which is not very many. Also, one of the number one ways CDC says to help prevent health issues and pregnancy for both the mother and child is visit to develop a healthy lifestyle (eating right, exercise....) and to visit the doctor regularly (which should be done anyways). In the case of rape, a study was done interviewing over 1,100 people who had abortions and only 1% said it was due to rape because pregnancy tends to be uncommon with rape victims. Therefore, all of the other millions of abortions are merely done because their pregnancy was viewed as inconvenient to them and that is just Wrong.
Posted by BuergerMan16 1 year ago
BuergerMan16
The master(de)bater has shown him self.
Posted by TimCarroll 1 year ago
TimCarroll
Seeing as you agree with me on rape and women's choice I win on those. You are right people should have rights to life. I do not believe this was a gift from God but, that is a separate debate. If you believe that people should have the rights to life then you should vote Pro for Abortion. Why you may ask? It is simple, it is the medical issue you did not respond to. Many women who want an abortion want it because they medically cannot give birth to a child. That would result in the death of two people over one. You stated that we need to make abortion illegal. Well in certain circumstances a woman deserves a choice. Especially after rape or in the case of the possibility of death for the mother. All you did was agree with me and restate your points. It is laws against abortion created by men that are unfair for women and society as a whole.

P.S. Sorry it did not allow me to post second round.
Vote Placed by philochristos 1 year ago
philochristos
BuergerMan16TimCarrollTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
BuergerMan16TimCarrollTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round.