Mal_the_Lumberjane
Casanoble

Abortion

Mal_the_Lumberjane

Pro

*Note: this is a debate for a paper I'm writing. You guys don't need to vote or anything just so you know. It's also why we arent using professional debate format*

I am for abortion because I believe that women should have as many options for their pregnancy as possible. Abortion should be an available choice for people, especially those who need it (such as victims of rape or sexual abuse). It's not that I think abortion is the only option, I just believe it should be a choice. It should also be legal so that I may be performed legally and not illegally, which can lead to death.
Casanoble

Con

Abortion is murdering an unborn child. There are always other options, like adoption, that can leave the child alive, and actually give them an opportunity to do something with themselves. Imagine you were them, and your mother decided to do abortion. There is no longer a chance for you.
Mal_the_Lumberjane

Pro

Mal_the_Lumberjane forfeited this round.
Casanoble

Con

Federal laws already protect the unborn. Federal law prohibits the death penalty for pregnant women until they give birth. In essence, the law declared that an innocent unborn person cannot be sentenced and put to death for a crime he did not commit. If the unborn child were not seen as a actual person in the eyes of the law, there would be no need for this prohibition.
Mal_the_Lumberjane

Pro

Casanoble

Con

Casanoble forfeited this round.
Mal_the_Lumberjane

Pro

Casanoble

Con

Casanoble forfeited this round.
Mal_the_Lumberjane

Pro

Casanoble

Con

Casanoble forfeited this round.